“It's the little things in life....” 5 of 5 stars

Brown TLV Urban Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25 Kalisher St, Tel Aviv 65165, Israel   |
Ranked #15 of 85 Hotels in Tel Aviv
London, United Kingdom
“It's the little things in life....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

....that count. Brown Hotel TLV was absolutely the best alternative to staying in one of the monster hotels that line the seafront. First of all, being that you're in the city, you get a much better feel for Tel Aviv. You're still a short walk from the beach, but because the hotel is located right next to the Carmel market, you get to enjoy the vibrancy of urban Tel Aviv which for me, is much more interesting than the beach. The marketplace is full of loads of little wonders - esp on Tuesdays when there's an artists market 2 minutes away from the hotel. Make sure to check out the Little Prince cafe, fabulous little bohemian bar with books lining the shelves. I loved the fact that if you stay at the brown you get to eat breakfast in an actual restaurant (you choose from 3) instead of a boring hotel dining room. The staff are dead friendly without being in-your-face and there are tons of little extras that made my stay there that much more special. The free coffee and yummy cookies served 24 hours in the lobby, the champagne, the wine when I walked in, the chocolates and wine in the room. And I took a bike from them so I was getting around the city like a local. The hotel is decked out in cool, avant-gardish brown and green decor and there's an awesome rooftop terrace bar. I also had a massage which was literally the best massage I've ever had (and I've had a lot of massages in a lot of hotels). Ask for the Russian guy. As some people mentioned here, the regular rooms are small (I think you can ask for a bigger one) but it didn't bother me. I still had enough room to spread out all my stuff. And the beds were way more comfortable than other hotels (I've stayed in the Dan Tel Aviv where the beds were much less comfy). All in all, a fantastic choice for an urban stay and a much better alternative than most of the corporate and impersonal hotel chains.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Ray W,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and that you were able to experience the city and our cool surroundings as a local.

We are very pleased to hear that you had the chance of enjoying our spa treatments, bicycles and breakfast options.
We do our very best to make sure our guests get only the best quality products and amenities. We thank you for noticing the little touches.

Hopefully we will see you back soon.

Guest relations Manager
Brown TLV

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Hebrew first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I was incredibly impressed with the Brown Hotel. When I arrived, I was offered a glass of proseco. My room had a bottle of wine, two bottles of water and a box of very delicious chocolates made by a local. The staff was really great, especially Ruth (I think her name was Ruth). She made reservations for all the restaurants I wanted to eat at while I was there and always provided a card with the name of the restaurant and its address. Since I didn't know the area and I was alone, she also provided recommendations of where I can go after dinner. On the ground floor there is an area where they always offer free coffee, tea, fruit and cookies. The location was great. It was an easy walk for me to get down to the sea where there is a boardwalk that allows you to walk along the coast. Or a very short walk to the street art market (e.g. 5 min walk). After I ate at Rafael, rather than taking a taxi back I walked back and it was great. The only thing i was disappointed with was their breakfast. I stayed at a couple of other hotels while I was visiting different areas and they offered the big breakfast buffets. At Brown, you can go to this small cafe where you get a very limited choice for breakfast. The food was good but much prefer the buffet. I did appreciate the leather booklet they had in the room providing suggestions for siteseeing as well as a list of restaurants. All the restaurants I ate while I stayed at the Brown was from this booklet.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Naomi0301,

Thank you for your lovely review.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the recommendations of our concierge team were helpful and assisted in planning your vacation.

Our breakfast is indeed served in three cafes in the hotel's surroundings where our guests can choose any of the breakfasts in the menu. I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your breakfast. On your next visit you are welcome to choose one of the other two cafes and although it won't be a buffet, we hope you will find a wider menu choise.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We just returned from having spent four nights at the Brown TLV, and we loved every minute of our stay. We’d made our reservations months ago, and in view of recent events in Israel we almost cancelled our trip a week before we were to depart. I called the hotel, and was reassured by Rebecka that life in Tel Aviv had returned to normal, and that we should still consider coming. Rebecka was absolutely right, and we’re so glad that we decided to visit this amazing, energetic, and welcoming city. The Brown TLV has an ideal location which makes it easy to get anywhere in Tel Aviv. Our room, a deluxe, was well appointed, clean, and lovely. The rooftop bar is a perfect place to end one’s day in Tel Aviv. We particularly enjoyed its relaxed sophistication, and the respite it provided from the hubbub of busy Tel Aviv below. The bartender, Paz, not only makes a good cocktail, but he is also a fount of information about Tel Aviv. Every member of the Brown’s staff, in fact, is a gem, and Rebecka, Su, and Ilan went out of their way to share the best of their city with us, and to make sure that our stay there was both easy and memorable.

It’s clear that the hotel’s owners and general manager have put together a great team, one that cares deeply for the hotel and its guests, and that even the smallest of details matter to them all. The Brown TLV is a delight, and I recommend it highly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear PDX-World,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

We are very happy that you decided to come to Tel Aviv and experience this great city.

We appreciate your kind words about our staff. Each one of them is indeed a gem and does his/her outmost to assist and provide great recommendations for our guests.
All of them are local Tel Avivians who know and love the city and are encouraged to provide their own personal references.

We are glad that you liked your room and that you found the roof top bar to be a good way to finish the day. We invite you to visit us soon and experience our upcoming winter bar.

We look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Brown staff made sure my first trip to Tel Aviv was everything I wanted it to be. I could not have done that without them. Ideal location, lovely place to simply be, highly knowledgeable and supportive-but-not-intrusive staff, and bikes, too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Diane W,

Thank you for your great review.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that that we managed to make your Tel-Aviv visit a great one.

We are glad that you found our location useful and our staff to be knowledgeable and supportive.

We look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

With Kind regards,

Guest relations Manager
Pinner
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Browns has a lot going for it, good location near Neve Zedek, Carmel Market, Allenby a very trendy roof terrace, great living room lobby, helpful and friendly staff. Its main problem is that the rooms are very small so its OK for a couple of nights but if you need to spread your stuff out for longer go for somewhere with a bit more room

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear JonKalisch,

Thank you for your review.

We are happy to hear that you found our location convenient. It is indeed very close to many shopping and cultural centers in town.

We are also glad that you enjoyed our roof terrace, living room and our lovely staff.

As you rightly pointed out, our classic rooms are urban in size and perfectly suited for couples but if you wish to stay for a longer period we indeed recommend reserving one of our larger rooms (Relax/Deluxe). We will be happy to reserve one of these rooms for you on your future stay.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Byron Center, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The staff at this hotel (Sue) was exceptional. It is a converted bank and the sleeping room was small, but more than sufficient. Very modern and unique. Have a choice of 3 neighborhood restaurants for breakfast. I didn't take advantage, but another guest RAVED about one of them. Unique, trendy look. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Chris H,

Thak you for your lovely review.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff exeptional.

We look forward welcoming you back in the near future so you can experience our breakfast options as well as some surprises the hotels has planned.

New City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Cannot say enough about this small trendy boutique hotel in a perfect location in Tel Aviv. The contemporary decor is wonderful, warm inviting, with a "living room" instead of a lobby, a huge patio space, a spectacular roof garden (with cocktails in the evening, comfy chairs,hot tub, massage tables, bathrooms). Best is incomparable service. All young staffers, including the amazing manager, Danny, were upbeat, bright, helpful. We had two unusual issues, one the loss of my husbands identity papers and checkbook. While the young woman on duty insisted we go out to breakfast, she called the bank, the police stations all over town -- and when we returned she had located the papers and gave us the address of the police station to go retrieve them. (we could not do this ourselves as don't speak Hebrew). The next night our rental car, in the convenient garage in the hotel, didn't start. We had an appointment, so the front desk staff got us a taxi and took our rental agreement and keys and when we returned at midnight, she had comtacted Hertz and a technician had come and repaired the car. These were two extraordinary situations. But putting those aside, the greetings and personal attention and sweetness of the staff, the delicious cookies and cake and Cava waiting in the lobby at all times, made this our favorite home away from home. Only negative the well organized, beautifully decorated but very small rooms. They will store your suitcases, a big help, and manage to squeeze in every amenity, but you need to be prepared for a small space. Try this hotel. You won't regret it. PS breakfast is included which you can take at any of three nice spots a few minutes from the hotel. Nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear JoanF,

Thank you for your very kind review.

We are very happy that you had a good experience staying with us and enjoyed our decor, roof top bar and lobby.

Most of all, we were glad that you found your documents and were that the car was fixed.
We always try to assist our guests in the best possible way, I am glad that we succeeded to do so.

We thank you again for your lovely words about our staff. They are the hotel's best asset.

Brown TLV

Been to Brown TLV Urban Hotel? Share your experiences!