“Excellent location, service, accommodation, food, and price!” 5 of 5 stars

Gordon Hotel & Lounge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   136 Hayarkon St., Tel Aviv 63458, Israel   |
Ranked #36 of 86 hotels in Tel Aviv
Berkeley, CA
“Excellent location, service, accommodation, food, and price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My first time visiting Israel on business, and was recommended to stay at the Gordon hotel by a local. Very small, excellent staff, and unbelievable location right across from the beach. Rooms are modern with top-notch furnishings and great views (make sure to get room with a balcony). The restaurant is known to be one of the best in the area - best food I had on the entire trip and I went to the best restaurants.

The staff are also among the best I have ever encountered - warm, helpful, and go above and beyond every other hotel I have visited. I left my GPS that I take all over the world in the Taxi at the airport and Victoria (front desk) called the cab company and coordinated the shipping back to my house!

Room Tip: Room with balcony
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

It's right across the street from the Gordon Beach, at the corner of Hayarkon and Gordon. The service and staff are amazing, starting with the warm welcome we received (along with a glass of Cava).

The hotel only has 12 rooms that range in size from small to smaller. If you're really looking to spend a lot of time in your room (it's Tel Aviv, that would just be ridiculous) and need lots of it, then go somewhere else. This is not a place for a family to stay, trying to squeeze in an extra bed for the kids. There's simply no room. But if you're single or a couple, and are looking for a modern (less than 2 years old), cool place to stay, with a sick location, this is it.

There's also Salt Kitchen and Drinks, the restaurant/bar on the main floor of the hotel. Breakfast is included for all hotel guests until 11:30am, and this isn't your typical Israeli hotel buffet. You order whatever you want on the menu and it's taken care of. I'm not a huge breakfast eater, but I enjoyed both mornings and it was great. They also have delicious menu for lunch and supper, and the setting is pretty awesome. I recommend trying their "interesting" cocktails, especially the Pinchas, Mint, lemon and shatta pepper - blushing from red grapefruit.

My only little complaint was that the window in the bathroom had no blinds, and the door to the bathroom was glass....which meant that by 6:30, my room was pretty bright. I mentioned it when checking out and they seemed receptive to the comment.

Otherwise, I liked everything about this hotel and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

The location is great in the middle of tel aviv right next to the Mediterranean Sea and the beautiful rooms is decorating very high level one of the best Boutique hotels ive been to,the staff was very handy and helpful and the restaurant is a pleasure in itself,Highly recommended!!

• Stayed September 2012
Marlboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We needed a centrally located nice hotel for one night in Tel Aviv.as we were in Israel for my daughters wedding which was in Jerusalem the following week. Gordon Hotel was great. Service was excellent.
Check in quick, nice room and amenities and Front Desk staff spoke in English very welll.
Room was great and view awesome overlooking beach.
They even had towels for guest to take to beach which was across the street.
Breakfast included was excellent and wait staff attentive.
Wi fi was great - free and fast compared to other parts of Israel .
Would stay there 100 percent next time we return to Israel
A/c worked well considereing Tel Aviv very hot and travelers from USA expect decent a/c

Room Tip: Room was not as big like american hotel rooms but cozy and enough room to relax. Great view stayed...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

When I made my reservation in Gordon Hotel & Lounge I was not aware of how excellent my stay there would be. The rooms are decorated in white and very modern way. The room we stayed had a very nice terrace with seaview where we would enjoy a wonderful sunset. The service was just amazing in the reception desk, in the restaurant, etc. They serve breakfast until 11.30 and it is indeed a delicious way to start the day. I have no objections whatsoever and I am looking to go back to TLV, and stay at the Gordon Hotel & Lounge. Contratulations for making my vacation so special!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I only discovered the hotel at the last minute, needing to stay only 2 days (August) before I left Israel for home. This hotel is perfectly located: just across the street from the Gordon Beach and an easy walking distance to the thriving Hayarkon, Ben Yehuda and Diezengoff streets.

The hotel staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. One fellow at the desk even let me use a laptop to do my El Al check-in! Another fellow ensured I had something to eat before my flight even though the kitchen was not yet open! The room in which I stayed was ultra modern, spotless and designed in a way to pamper the hotel guest. It had 'mood lighting', and the air conditioning system was whisper quiet and extremely efficient. I had it set at 24 degrees sometimes and that was quite 'cold' in the room even though it was hot and humid outside!

My room overlooked the Mediterranean and had a nice balcony to sit and watch the sunset. While there was traffic noise very late at night, I had no issue because it made me feel connected to the vibrancy that is in Tel Aviv and, of course, in all of Israel--the most wonderful country in the world.

Everyone at the hotel was thoughtful, friendly and inviting which made it even more of a special experience. I am planning to return in two years and would love to see them again. This hotel is a real find!

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor overlooking the sea. While there was traffic noise at night, it didn't b...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My wife recently stayed in the Gordon Hotel in Tel Aviv, here is her review:

i just returned home from my first visit to Tel Aviv in almost 28 years and had the pleasure of staying at the Gordon. I stayed with my son in a cosy (yes, small but NOT tight) room, with every mod con one would expect from a 5 star hotel. The room was ALWAYS immaculately kept and cleaned (which is important to me). Even though we were on the second floor facing the street and beach, we never heard any noise. And we had the added benefit of our own balcony, which is rare in hotels these days.

The bed was very comfortable and the shower was brilliant with GREAT water pressure. Airconditioning was very quiet and almost too cold.

the restaurant, SALT, attached to the hotel, served great meals, but the breakfast was a standout. Beautifully presented food, with great servings and endless coffee and juice, fresh baguettes, and other bread and a choice of great eggs.

The physical hotel is great, location fantastic, great food, but the thing that really stands out was the staff. They were so friendly and helpful and really went above and beyond my expectation to make my stay enjoyable. From liaising with suitcase repair man (thanks to the airline ruining it), recommending and making reservations at restaurants, advising and arranging my transportation, and just general friendliness. They really made me feel special and at home.

sure it might be nice to stay at a place with a pool, but with the main tel aviv beach literally across the road, why bother.....they even gave us towels to take to the beach with us.

i have stayed in many hotels around the world, but this one really stands out as something special and i would not even think about looking for a different hotel, next time i visit.

review by Tamara Lipshut

Room Tip: get a beach view with a balcony
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Gordon Hotel & Lounge? Share your experiences!