“More than just value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eden House TLV

You added Eden House TLV to your Saves list
Eden House TLV
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   11 Yishkon St. | 36 Kehilat Eden St., Tel Aviv 65601, Israel   |
Ranked #2 of 34 Tel Aviv B&B and Inns
Chengdu
“More than just value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Eden House manages to make you feel like you're in a five star boutique hotel while still offering modest rooms at modest prices (for TLV).

The staff cannot be flawed - not only did they check me in as early as possible after a long flight, carry my bags like true concierge despite my choice of the most basic room they have, provide endless directions and assistance on travel plans, but they were so warm and friendly that they made me feel like I had friends in a city I'd never been to before.

The location of Eden House is ideal - a couple of minutes in each direction (through cobbled laneways) to the beach, Carmen Market, and the cafes and shops of the Yemenite Quarter.

The Eden House lobby, reception and restaurant are utterly gorgeous - designed with romance in mind. My room (as I said, the cheapest private room they offer) was very simple but perfectly comfortable: a bed with fresh linen, sink with tea and coffee facilities and fridge, small balcony. The air conditioner was noisy and the bathroom was very small, but more than adequate in a city where $100/night doesn't go very far.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Hebrew first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Rates at the big hotels were high on my recent visit to TLV. It prompted me to give Eden House a try. I'm glad I did. The place is charming. It's close to the beach, market and restaurants. Comfortable room, very friendly staff, a great restaurant (try the French Toast -- unbelievable), and the world's slowest elevator add to the charm.

If you're looking for pampered luxury, this is not your place. If you're looking for something different and a great value, you'll want to give Eden House a try.

Room Tip: There's a lot of foot traffic on the street at all hours. Ask for a room off the street if you...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

If you are looking for something different than the large hotel experience - Eden House is a fantastic option. The biggest differentiator is the staff - they are your partners for making your trip all it can be. From recommendations on food, assistance on arrangements, and guidence on manuvering the city - even aid on how much to pay for taxis to different locations - this staff is friendly and helpful. It's tucked into a nice neighboorhood to give a feel how the residents of Tel Aviv live. Rooms are small but quaint - we started our trip to Israel with them and liked it enough to rebook for return to Tel Aviv before returning home - so had two different rooms to judge. Had only breakfasts in the Hotel restaurant but they were very good. It's in a great location for touring, beach, markets. We don't see a reason to stay elsewhere if you want real Tel Aviv.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

These guys are great -- I just made aliyah recently (with my dog!) and made Eden House TLV my first stop before looking for an apartment. The staff and front desk folks were super friendly and helpful in providing some valuable info for navigating the city while looking for an apartment.

The room I stayed in was beautiful, large, and a very good deal for what I payed. The place is in a great, cute and safe neighborhood that is close to everything. Cheers to these guys!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had a great week end at the Eden house hotel. Very nicely designed, very stylish, the staff is lovely and helpful, loved the food (dinner by Chef Oshri was brilliant!) and the breakfast was a treat. It is just short walking distance from the sea and basically anywhere else in central Tel Aviv.
Great value for your money and we will definitely go there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Since I have never been to Tel Aviv, I selected the hotel based on the reviews, the price and the location. Pros: Everything is within walking distance; located between the old city of Jaffa, the Carmel Market and the boardwalk on the beach of Tel Aviv. We had dinner in the hotel dining area on the night of Yom Hazikaron and our waiter Tal was very informative on the meaning of the day and what to expect that night and the next day in the city. All of the staff were very friendly and quite helpful, Shai, Michael and I'm sorry the chef's name escapes me but he was very pleasant, explaining all the food we were eating and about his town. Cons: We thought we were staying at the hotel but we were escorted to a room 3 blocks away. The first room had a crazy layout with the bathroom and kitchenette upstairs around the corner and down cement steps, no railing was the sitting area and platform bed behind a sheer curtain. I immediately pointed out that I had requested 2 singles and so we changed to another room. This room was a basic room, which was fine I'm used to that in Eurpoe, except for the shower and the toilet were in the same room, so you had to step around the toilet to take a shower. Sitting out on the balcony trying to enjoy my morning coffee and danish wasn't enjoyable at all because of the screaming child that went on for 30 minutes. The rooms are too close and you can hear everything from several rooms down. The websight said the hotel offered a shuttle service but it was a cab service and the driver had no idea where the hotel was located. We had to call and have someon come out to show us exactly where they were located once we got near. Too many stray cats and colapsed/ abandoned buildings. They need more sitting area for travelers that are waiting for their rooms, lobby was one sofa and and 2 chairs.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The hotel is perfectly situated right in the middle of everything. We stayed at an adorable suite. Their breakfast has made a name for itself.
One point for improvement: driving through the Kerem is both enjoyable and challenging... a parking service would greatly help.

Room Tip: Ask for the north-end suite.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Eden House TLV? Share your experiences!