We stayed in Eden house TLV ( do not confuse with 2 another properties with similar names) for a week.
1. Location, it's a short walk from the sea, and a nice market with a lot of busses around.
2. Nice patio/veranda with WiFi
3. Personnel. Indeed as stated in many other reviews, stuff was very nice and helpful, but on the other hand answering people's questions is a significant part of their job.
4.Tea and a tea kettle in the room. I am a big tea drinker and it was a super plus for me
5. Towels were changed every day!!
1. No separate corner for a shower, it's just attached to the wall next to the toalet. It's possible to get used to, but a bit shocking at the beginning. Needless to say toalet room is constantly wet.
2. Room for which we paid 90+ Euro per night looked like a cheap hostel room, whic brings me to ...
3. Price/quality ratio, probably the lowest I have ever had and I do travel a LOT. To be fair I have to say that it's was one of the cheapest options available and it seem like hotel prices in Tel Aviv are much higher than in Europe.
4. No TV
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Shalom from the Eden House and thanks so much for your detailed review. We are happy you were pleased with the hostel, especially with it's location being so central, and the Wi Fi we provide, which can be used for free in the rooms and at the public area such as our terrace garden.
Report response as inappropriate
Our staff is helpful, but mostly knowledgeable, thanks to the fact it's a mix of people coming from all over the country, of different ages and different hobbies. Therefore, we have some good ideas where to go and where to travel, how to use well the public transportation and which beach is best. Sure, it's part of the job, yet we do mind travelers to experience the places we like to visit, and to take advantage of the restaurants or just the Falafel spots we like best. This is the the most enjoyable part of the job too.
It is perfect that the kettle in the room was exactly what you needed. We encourage everyone to use the mint and Aloysia (Louisa) leafs from the terrace garden. The smell and taste are said to be fantastic.
Tel Aviv's accommodation rates are high. Our rates match our facilities; saying that, we have 5 different types of room, each one of them is different by size and facilities.
We do recommend that in case you choose to stay in town over 3 days, try and book a large room. Our Economy rooms are great budget deal, but mostly recommended for a short stay.
Half of our rooms have a Satellite TV - we understand that a Television is important for some. It is important for us to clarify that on the online property description it says exactly what's in each room. We would surely have offered you a different room, with a TV, in case you would have mentioned it to us during your stay.
Thanks again for writing the review, and we hope your good memories of our place will make you choose to stay with us again. We will the keep in mind the points you mentioned when you book a room with us again.
Eden House TLV
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.