“Easy elegance in a bustling business and restaurant neighborhood” 4 of 5 stars

Leonardo Boutique Hotel Tel Aviv
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17 Habarzel St, Tel Aviv 69710, Israel   |
Ranked #47 of 85 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Easy elegance in a bustling business and restaurant neighborhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

This hotel is lovely. The lobby is very modern, the staff is very helpful. There was construction right next door - a huge crane was being assembled at 10 pm. We asked to switch rooms and they were very helpful, putting us in a slightly smaller, but overall nicer room well away from the noise. The breakfast was great. Very safe neighborhood, we two women were able to walk around during the evening easily. There was parking in 2 different lots about a block away. I'd really recommend this place. Also, good restaurants close by.

Room Tip: You might consider noise when booking. There is a medical clinic being built immediately to the lef...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Hebrew first
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I have stayed here several times for business as my company has an office down the street. In general I am quite satisfied with the hotel-- it is clean, service reasonably good. My favorite aspect of this hotel is that there are quite a few pubs and restaurants within easy walking distance meaning it is not necessary to travel by car or taxi in the evening if you are tired from a long day's work.
The room decor is a bit modern for my taste, and I think if I don't know that I would stay here for pleasure rather than work.
I will also mention as others have that there is construction still going on next door and while this did not bother me for my recent short stay it did keep some of my colleagues up at night or wake them up early.
This hotel is not a bad value in a pretty good location though more of a place for business travelers than pure tourists in my opinion.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the hotel away from the construction.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I was booked into this hotel by my company. It is not located in the city center, but I was working long hours anyway. The neighborhood is safe though with a lot of restaurants and convenient stores and a pharmacy.
The hotel is very clean, great WIFI signal and speed. The breakfast has more than everything I had hoped for and healthy too.
The staff is friendly, the front desk is very responsive and fast. When I called for the late night cleaning (I forgot to take off the don't disturb sign before I went to work in the morning) or trying to fix the problem with the safe, the staff came to knock my door within two minutes, very impressed with their commitment and willingness to serve.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at is hotel several times due to it's convenient location to where I work while in Israel -and every time I leave swearing I will sibmit a review of my experience. This time I finally did.

Most importantly, I have never had a full night of uninterrupted sleep in this hotel. During my first stay, the hotel had the nerve to perform their renovations at 1AM in the morning - waking all the guests on my floor. Explained the desk clerk 'we can't interrupt our guests during the day'. Are you kidding me?? During subsequent stays I have found the fridges and air conditioning in the rooms incredibly loud. The floors thorough the hotel are not carpeted and are stucco. This means if anyone moves their luggage in our out of a room everyone hears it through the entire floor.

As if this weren't bad enough, the staff are the rudest I have ever experienced anywhere else in the world. None of the staff appear to be over the age of 25 and all act as though it is a great inconvenience if a customer has a question. Israel is already known for poor service - but a guest in a hotel deserves better treatment.

The area is horrible with very limited food selections. I would seriously recommend staying away.

• Stayed February 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Excellent location for business in Tel Aviv as it avoids all the traffic compared to staying downtown.
Clean, good, efficient service.
Enough restaurants around to find what you like & the reception will organize taxis, leisure trips, etc.

Room Tip: Construction going on next door so avoid adjacent rooms for best nights sleep
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Hatfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice business hotel in a reasonable location. There are a few restaurants in the same street and more not far away. There is a restaurant in the hotel (E Zugi) which I have reviewed separately.

The bed and pillows are particularly comfortable. I have only two small issues (hence the overall 4 rather than 5). There is no carpet on the floor, and the surface is not so comfortable to walk on barefoot, and if you want a bath rather than a shower, it is a bit tricky to get the water to divert properly.

Overall, a good hotel for business. For a holiday I would go nearer the coast, or nearer downtown Tel Aviv, or both!

• Stayed January 2012
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011 via mobile

When you walk into the hotel, immediately you'll hold your breath as the strongest, artificial strawberry flavored cheap perfume stench will hit you head on!!!!!

So bring a mask if you are planning to survive your stay here.

Additionally, they charge 140 shekel for three days of Internet. But wait, this is where it gets even crazier. If you have an iPhone and a computer in your room, and you want to use both devices, even if not at the same time, you will need to pay double!!!!!! So now it'll cost you 280 shekel for just three days of Internet usage!!!! Are you kidding me? This is nearly 2012 and with all my travelings, I have never had any experience like this!! It's only my first day here and already I'm just appalled by this service here, or lack of. So just beware before you book. If you want a great hotel with the best service, there are plenty others in Tel Aviv and it's certainly not this one. Ewwww! Ewwww! Ewwwww!!

• Stayed December 2011

Been to Leonardo Boutique Hotel Tel Aviv? Share your experiences!