“If only it was on the Beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center

You added Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   136 Menachem Road | Azrieli Center 5, Tel Aviv 67021, Israel   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #26 of 88 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“If only it was on the Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

The Crowne Plaza City Center (Azrieli) is actually the best hotel I've stayed at so far in Tel Aviv. The main problem is the location. You are situated between two highways with a train station next door. Not exactly the nicest view or immediate surroundings.

The rooms are larger than the CP Beach and newer. The beds are comfortable and there is plenty of room. Just be aware that you may have to close the curtains because there are huge spotlights pointed directly at the hotel to light it up against the night sky. I like to sleep with the curtains open so the sun can wake me up, but at this hotel that was not an option. The staff at the hotel is friendly. The gym is huge; I think it is shared with the rest of the Azrieli center. This is the best gym I've used in Israel.

The business lounge at this hotel is very nice. It's large and modern with a pretty good selection of food and drinks for dinner. The breakfast is great, as so many are in Israel's hotels. The fresh-squeezed orange juice machine is the star - I'm really disappointed that more hotels don't have this. If you go, you have to get the OJ. You'll laugh at the OJ in the US when you try this stuff.

There's not really much to do near the hotel so you find yourself staying there instead of going out on business trips. The dinner restaurant is weak. Don't waste your (or your company's) money and just eat in the business lounge (or even better - take the 20 min walk to Tapeo!).

The strangest part of the hotel is that every single time you re-enter the compound (there is a mall at the Azrieli center) you have to go through a security check. Every time, your taxi is stopped, the guard asks you where you're going, sometimes they even check your bags and trunk, the whole thing is ridiculous. It's not really the hotel's fault or even that bad given Israel's heightened security, but it's worth mentioning on TripAdvisor as an annoyance.

If you like malls this might be the hotel of your choice. The mall isn't bad. But I would avoid going to Israel to shop - the prices are outrageous compared to the US or even most of Europe. Save your money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not have a spotlight shining up into it
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ella K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Staniel,

Thank you for posting a detailed review . I really appreciate you taking the time from your busy schedule to share your experience with others. Your thoughtful remarks are very helpful in allowing us to continue to deliver the most excellent experience.

I really glad you find the fresh squeezed orange juice as a nice touch, by the way we also provide a fresh green apple at the reception at any time for free.

I truly hope we will have an opportunity to welcoming you back as our guest. Be assured that our staff and I will take the utmost care to make sure you're accommodated in everything you desire.

ellak@crowneplaza-il.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Hebrew first
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We just stayed at the Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Center and it was a great stay. We have stayed at several hotels in Israel and this was the best. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is very helpful. Breakfast was varied and very good.
The location is excellent. While the hotel is not on the beach, it is not far and the hotel provides a free shuttle to the beach.
Traffic can be very difficult in Israel. We parked our car at the hotel and used cabs to get around the city. Cabs are relatively inexpensive.
Overall, we very much recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Tamar,

Thanks so much for your comments, its sounds like you had a lot of fun. I love reading the experiences of our guests, and yours is no exception.

I look forward to welcoming you back as our guest soon. Please ask for me during your next visit so that I can make sure it's productive and pleasant.

Ramat Gan, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My third time in the hotel and the first weekend ! a very stylish, urban and modern hotel. located at the center of the trendy Tel-Aviv.

360 degrees professional service from all the stuff, a very utilized business lounge which really answer all needs.

visiting the hotel's restaurant is a must ! i had the ribs and they were perfect :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Ella K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Buckinghamshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza 3 times now for business and every time my stay has been really comfortable. The drink on arrival is always very welcome. The rooms are well equipped, clean and the beds are really comfortable. The breakfast has an array of different choices. It's a great location with the mall and new restaurants and shops opened within a few minutes walk. The shuttle bus is a perfect alternative to a cab to the airport. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review. Your thoughtful remarks are very helpful in allowing us to continue to deliver the most excellent experience.

I hope we get a chance to meet next time you're in Tel Aviv. Please ask for me during your next visit so that I can make sure it's productive and pleasant.

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I did extensive research before I visited Israel. I'm an American and I'd never been to the Middle East before, so while I was keen to stay near the beach and be in the center of things, I settled on the Crowne Plaza City Center because it had all the American stuff I crave. Which is to say, new furnishings, cable TV, showers, etc.

The Crowne Plaza City Center did not disappoint. It wasn't the best hotel I've ever stayed in of course, but the staff is quite professional, things are new and fresh, and it's not creepy. The hotel is slightly outside the main part of Tel-Aviv, but you can easily catch a cab ride down into the heart of things for about $15 (i.e. 50 NIS), and there are plenty of busses around to take you toward the sea if that's too much. Plus, there's a pretty decent mall right next door to the hotel, filled with mid-priced stores and a whole bunch of my faves like Zara and McDonald's. I'm the type of gal who likes to spend my vacation days immersed in a new culture, but I don't like stress when I get back to my hotel. So it was nice to spend 12 hours in Jerusalem or wherever, and then have the opportunity to come home, take a nice hot shower, and kick back with some McNuggets and some CNN.

This is a nice, safe hotel and we had a great time. The airport shuttle was overpriced, but other than that I can't complain.

Room Tip: We were in 1317. It was okay, but not perfect.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Ella K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear SaritaT33,

I hope to see you again in Tel Aviv. I'm sure you didn’t get a chance to do everything on your list.
Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

The Crowne Plaza is close to the city center. The nearby trainstation conects the hotel to the Airport. Walking to the veach is a straight line and takes about half an hour. Within walking distance are a couple of restaurants.
The room was very nice and staff friendly and helpful. I'd therefore recommend the hotel to everyone who's not looking for a beach hotel but for a nice city or business hotel!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Raphael,

Thanks so much for your comments, its sounds like you had a lot of fun. I love reading the experience of our guests, especially yours.

Bedford, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We've used the Crowne Plaza multiple times on regular trips to Tel Aviv. It is a little pricey but all previous stays have been OK but with the occasional niggle. For example, the first stay they put me on the smoking floor so it was nearly my last as I detest the smell of tobacco. After the last stay I don't think we'll be returning.

The positives are it is spotlessly clean, I've always had a good nights sleep and its in a convenient location with good local amenities.

The negatives, they don't handle complaints well. Shower leaked, they said they'd fixed it, they hadn't (what they had done was unscrew the shower head and point it at the wall so it was useless). 4am wake up call that hadn't been asked for, they promised to remove it and it happened again. On complaining a second time they insisted we'd ordered it.

One of their managers rang and listened to the complaint, then offered complimentary room service to make up for it. Well that never arrived. We queried it, the manager had gone home and never ordered it.

Its not very good value but it was the poor service that tipped the balance. We're going elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear BedsTraveller,

Thank you for posting a review. Your thoughtful remarks are very helpful in allowing us to improve the guest's experience.

I wanted to offer my apologies for your recent experience with us. I have discussed your concerns with the appropriate employees, and I can assure you that these issues won't occur again.
I truly hope we will have an opportunity to welcoming you back as our guest.Be assured that our staff and I will take the utmost care to make sure you're accommodated in everything you desire.

ellak@crowneplaza-il.com

Been to Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center? Share your experiences!