“ziv from Haifa” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center

You added Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   136 Menachem Road | Azrieli Center 5, Tel Aviv 67021, Israel   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #26 of 88 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Haifa, Israel
“ziv from Haifa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed at the hotel on our wedding great staff especially reception staff welcomed us all nice and helped us with any questions
Excellent location and close to everything
Taxis have free sea
Highly recommend for couples

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ella K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Ziv,

Thank you for nice review. It’s very exciting that you chose Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center for so special occasion. You are more than welcome to start a tradition and spend your anniversary at our property every year.

Mazal Tov!
Ella

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Hebrew first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was a nice way to end my business trip to Israel. The hotel was impeccable and the service terrific. I ate in the restaurant on the first night and enjoyed my meal immensely, especially the smoked mixed green salad (or something like that). After a long hot day on Friday wandering the city, I was too tired to go out for dinner. I did not enjoy the expensive Shabbat buffet, but it was the only blemish on an otherwise lovely stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for great review!

I have to mention that from the data on the site I learn that you're travelling a lot and probably very experienced in all that related to hotels. The “11th Floor Restaurant” in our hotel is actually a’le carte restaurant, however on weekend due to kosher restrictions Friday Night dinner is a bit different as the food should be prepared in advance and meet most of guest expectations, I’m sorry that you didn’t like it as on previous evening.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a few hours courtesy of British Airways after our flight was delayed. Very impressed with my room, the view was spectacular, but my friends had less impressive views. I can't fault the room.

We ate in the 11th Floor restaurant. The starters were great, but the mains were lacklustre. Desserts were average fair. The staff were quite inexperienced and it was strange to see the manager sit down to eat with her friends whilst we were dining. Additionally having to ask for condiments was not what I expected of a restaurant on a five star hotel.

For all the hotel's facilities it didn't feel much more than a business hotel, but the room rate was rather more towards the luxury end if the market, and in which case it wasn't luxurious nor value for money.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank You for your feedback.
I was sorry to learn that you didn’t enjoy the whole meal. It’s true that mostly the hotel’s restaurants are Kosher which sometimes may not answer to the guest’s expectations and different cultures.
Regarding your comments of the restaurant staff, we found it unacceptable and took necessary actions to avoid similar situations in future. I apologize for the inconvenience you described.

Oxford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was here for a couple of nights on business in March.

The rooms are clean big and comfortable. The hotel has free wireless and entrance to the Holmes Place gym which is very good.

Ate in the restaurant one night which was reasonable.

No complaints

Liked - Free room upgrade, Free wireless and excellent gym
Disliked - May be a bit far out for some

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review.

Just to mention that the hotel is operating free shuttle to and from the beach front, the service that our guest find very comfortable one. In addition we started to operate a a special service to the airport for discounted rates.

Best regards,
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I usually wait until the end of a stay to write a review, but I feel compelled to write this right away. I have never been completely satisfied with a hotel until my stay at this one, and I have stayed at many hotels around the world (if my opinion changes during or after my stay, I promise to change my review to reflect it).

From the moment I started checking in until now, the staff has been friendly and informative. The hotel is fancy, clean, new, and very modern. It's conveniently located right next to a supermarket (for water, incidentals, etc.), the Azrieli Center (a large shopping mall), and near the Tel Aviv HaShalom train station. The fitness center is an actual full-service gym that people from the outside have to pay for to access.

The room is very modern and even has tile in the entryway and wood flooring throughout the rest of the room. The bed is comfortable, the bathroom is really nice with a separate shower and bathtub. And the view from the 18th floor is amazing (I can see a lot from my room, including the Tel Aviv rush hour traffic... Yikes!).

So everything I've said so far is great but here's what REALLY sets it apart from other hotels for me: I have not for a second felt "nickel and dimed." In my experience, including in Israel, the nicer hotels tend to charge more for things that some hotels give for free. This hotel gives free WiFi throughout the hotel and a bottle of imported Italian water every day. I've never had free water delivered to my hotel room at any hotel before, ever. It's a little thing but is such a nice touch that it makes me feel even more warmly toward the hotel. There is also a good selection of coffees and teas in the room with a couple of biscuits restocked daily.

So I've not eaten at the restaurant but I am likely going to pay to use the business center on the 20th floor. For $55/day it has an incredible view, computers to work on (in case you don't have your laptop with you), breakfast food, dinner food, FREE alcoholic beverages at all times, and snacks throughout the day. Not a good deal? Well, they had me at free alcohol, but there's even one more thing: You can invite 2 friends/colleagues/dates/strangers to join you!

As is apparent by now, I'm quite taken by this place and am ecstatic to have found it. I swear that I'm not an employee of the hotel nor have they paid me to write such a shining review. I cannot recommend this place enough. I'm staying another four days and am loving every minute of it. At some point, though, I'm going to have to force myself to step out of the hotel and enjoy Tel Aviv as well. :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

WOW!

I’m delighted to learn that you found our hotel services most enjoyable.

Thank you for your time sharing your great experience with many travelers all other the world. We welcome the opportunity to make our guests HAPPY!
BTW, if there are any special arrangements needed please do not hesitate to contact me prior your next visit.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

For business travellers this is an excellent location. Rooms are great and front desk staff were good.

But...when it came to breakfast the service was terrible. They never come round to provide coffee and we had to keep asking for things like silverware etc.

Also if you need services from the room good luck! Concierge and front desk never answer phone. And then when you come down to ask for something they always ask why you didn't call ahead!! Very frustrating.

We loved the hotel but seriously 5*? I think the hotel mgmt needs some help.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I was so sorry to learn about your experience during the breakfast. We spare no efforts to train the staff to deliver great service to our guests; in this case it seems we failed. Please accept my sincere apologies due to lack in service that you described. I truly hope that you will give us a second chance and your next visit will be much more fulfilling and pleasant one.
In addition I’m welcoming you to contact me prior to the next visit in order to provide personal attention and ensure a pleasant and fulfilling stay with us.

Tel: +972(0)37774005 ellak@crowneplaza-il.com
Tel Aviv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Modern hotel with very nice atmosphere, it’s located at the center of the city. The staff was very friendly and worm, the service was great. The hotel facilities are spoiling. We spent a weekend at the 20th fl. Wonderful view of Tel Aviv city. The room was excellent, very good conditions, clean, big and very comfortable. Breakfast dining room has nice view; the service is very efficient. I recommend not skipping the rich breakfast. The SPA and the gym are well equipped and provide the appropriate time out.
The guest room was very large, with extra large bad, it was very modern and cozy, the room has large space with work desk, free Wi Fi, and large TV screen.
The Mini bar was well equipped, coffee and tea available in the room.
We’ve been invited to the lounge; it has very nice facility in wide space and very rich buffet with very good service.
We are highly recommended this hotel if you are looking for modern ‘ worm hotel, in the center of the city that reflect the atmosphere of Tel Aviv and yet, can provide some time out and relaxation from the rush of the city.

Room Tip: Just go for it....