“Best restaurant in Tel Aviv” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 1,024 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Milan, Italy
“Best restaurant in Tel Aviv”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Great place: beautiful decor, nice location, amazing service, top quality food, superb scene.

Only problem: expensive

Visited May 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Northwood, UK
“Good as Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Two meals at Shila this week. Both brilliant and as good we remember from our previous visit.
A nice table for two for our first visit this time and a place at the bar the second time, watching two incredible chefs preparing all the starters. A real cookery lesson and as good as any "Chef's Table".
Every dish we ordered tasted wonderful and looked great.
We will be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ramat Gan, Israel
“I Fell Well”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Truth is that this was my second choice for the evening, and it was chosen because my first choice is closed on Saturday nights. Guests from the U.S., wine lovers and aficionados, I had to choose a good restaurant. When I reserved, I was told that we could have the table for 2 hours, after which....

I explained that this would not be enough time for a meal that would include many bottles and the hostess said that she would write this down but could not promise anything. In the end we were allowed to stay until we finished; considerably longer than 2 hours.

The restaurant started almost a decade ago as a small restaurant, and with success and as adjacent properties were vacated, expanded to its present size. There is valet parking available at a charge, and we were allowed to bring our wines for a not unreasonable corkage charge.

The menu offers three different sized courses. Appetizers, mains, and "starters" (which is somewhere between an appetizer and main both in size and in price). While the restaurant is much more heavily into fish and seafood, the main course I chose was meat. My guests chose fish and each of us was very happy with his/her choice. The menu, though not extensive like a diner in NYC, is large and varied enough for each person to find something appropriate to his appetite or mood. The service was exemplary: not formal, but knowledgeable and efficient.

Desert courses were tasty and the bill, while not inexpensive, was (in my opinion) fair for what we received. I know I would not have been disappointed with my first choice of restaurant had it been open, but in the end I was pleased that it was closed that evening. Clearly I fell well.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious dinner with friendly wait staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Went with a larger mixed international group and all of us ate and drank way too much but had a great meal made better by the service from the wait staff. Highly recommend and be sure to get a reservation outside it gets very very busy. Highly recommend and it is within easy walking distance from the seafront hotels.

Visited May 2014
New York City, New York
“Inspiration and Love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Was staying at the Hilton and stumbled on this place walking around. I knew nothing about it but could just tell I had to eat there. With no reservation, it was impossible to get in, but I stood my ground (yeah, I'm a New Yorker LOL) and they found a spot for me and a friend. And boy was my hunch right...wow! If you are a serious foodie, try and get a seat at the raw prep bar. Not your "traditional" dining experience but worth it for the experience. Those chefs are crazy inspired and clearly love what they do. I just kept pointing at the creations and saying, " give us one of those!" All the raw food, the tartares and carpaccios a were over the top delicious, with complex layers of flavor and inspired presentation. The staff were amazingly friendly and helpful. We had so much fun. We declined dessert saying, " eh, who needs another crime brûlée?" And so they brought us one on the house anyway and wow! Blew me away, because it was NOT just another crime brûlée! Will be back to Israel next year and this will definitely be my first stop.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere