“One of my favorite spots in the city” 5 of 5 stars

+972-2-6244186
Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 469 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Doing business, Romantic, Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
new york
“One of my favorite spots in the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I've already dined here three times, and each time I've had a consistently good dining experience. This is a kosher dairy and fish establishment. I've had the ravioli stuffed with mushrooms and I highly recommend it. They also have a small list of sauces you can choose to accompany your pasta with- which is a really nice feature.

I'm not even a big salad person, but I am addicted to their house salad. It has chunks of salmon, sweet potato, and veg.

The lovely setting is also notable- it's situated in a lovely garden- there's also indoor seating and there are little heaters outside so outdoor dining is also an option for when it gets colder.

• Visited November 2013

London
“Barmitzva at Ticho House August 2012”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We decided to do our son's barmitzva in Jerusalem and found Ticho House. We arranged the party from London and on arrival the day before the party, visited to finalise the plans with the events manager, Nava. She was extremely helpful and also suggested a musician who we booked for the party. The food was excellent, especially the salmon and the desserts were amazing. After eating our lunch inside the building, we moved outside for music, dancing and dessert, in the garden which was beautiful with flowers arranged on the tables. Even though it was the middle of August the garden was shaded and not felt too hot. All in all we had a fantastic time, highly recommend, even our Israeli guests were astounded by the location.

• Visited November 2012
illinois usa
“Get Married Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is one of the most beautiful places in the world to get married, and its easy and reasonably priced. I planned my wedding with them in two hours, nobody could believe I didnt need to obscess or waste more time. The wedding food is better than the restaurant food and the ambiance is a quiet romantic garden in the center of Jerusalem.
The regular cafe is also a wonderful place, especially on a nice night. It is perfect for blind dates, families (even those with fussy eaters), and a couples night out.
I have been going there for two decades and it has always been one of my favorite spots in the city, plus there is a great small museum and places for kids to play

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Allentown
“Boring”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Of all the meals we had during our 8-day trip to Israel, this was the most boring of all. The food was basic, unimaginative, and overpriced. It was bland, more like Eastern European food than modern Israeli. If that what you are looking for - this place is for you, if you want food with spices - skip it.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Israel
“Excellent dinner and experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

After hearing about Ticho House, I've been waiting for about a year to go there and experience their garden dining and their famous onion soup. We had the opportunity to go recently to bring visiting relatives from the States. My expectations were met and exceeded. The onion soup was delicious. I had a stir fry salad that was delicious and the seving ewas so abundant that I brought the remaining salad to work for lunch the next day! My co-workers were all jealous! The Tich House garden dining atmosphere was lovely. We and our visiting relatives had a great time and really enjoyed the food. We want to go back on a night they have live music and to try other menu items.

• Visited July 2013