“Superb!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hashimi Hotel and Hostel

You added Hashimi Hotel and Hostel to your Saves list
Hashimi Hotel and Hostel
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Souq khan El-zeit # 73, Old City | Old City, Jerusalem, Israel (Muslim Quarter)   |
Ranked #21 of 53 Jerusalem B&B and Inns
Lloydminster, Canada
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We have been going to the Hashimi since 2006 and we have totally enjoyed our stay every time. All the staff are like family here. This time I was unfortunate to have left my bag at the border and Saleh (one of the managers) along with the owner Aladdin went totally out of their way and located my bag and Saleh went and picked it up for me! I can't say enough for the wonderful people and the superb stay we have here each and every time! Highly recommend the Hashimi hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
Saitama, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed here the second time with my girlfriend in 2009 and enjoyed it again. The room was OK, didn't change much in 8 years, just wide enough for a couple with a backpack and a suitcase. The rooftop terrace is great, took great photos from there. The reception was OK, one girl from the UK was great, very friendly, however the local guy looked -don't know why- rather scary for me. We used the laundry service once, which was more expensive than 8 years earlier, as far as I remember. Anyway, we enjoyed staying here, I just wanted my gf to feel the real Middle-Eastern hospitality, and we overall weren't disappointed about it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

A superb location, right in the middle of the souks makes this hotel a great choice if you want to be in the hub of the old city and don't mind hearing the hustle and bustle during your stay. Decor a little tired, but it was clean, comfortable and the staff were wonderfully friendly and helpful. Good wi-fi throughout the hotel (not just in the lobby like most others), and the breakfast at 20 NIS felt a little pricey, but actually was very nice, and compared to eating out elsewhere, was perfectly reasonable. Don't forget, it is cash only, and on arrival, even if you book with a credit card.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Definitely the BEST things about Hashimi Hotel are; THE ROOFTOP TERRACE - The View overlooking Jerusalem is awesome! We sat there every morning drinking in that marvelous view and Thanking GOD. It's a great view of the Old City and the Dome of the Rock (check out my pics!) We also brought our Breakfast to eat (served for a fee on a lower floor) up to the Terrace to enjoy the view - it never gets old!
Hopefully, your trip will be a healthy one, buuut...if you are not feeling well...at least when you stay at this small hotel, you have the great option of just hanging out on the Terrace if you are not up to going anywhere.

THE STAFF - was reallllly wonderful, VERY accommodating and helpful! I really can't compliment them enough. I booked on a website that I realized upon checking in was quoted in Euros instead of what I thought was US Dollars, the staff worked with us on a more reasonable price.
Also, the staff responded right away when there were children playing loudly in the hallways. And when we couldn't figure out the A/C controls in our room, they sent someone 3 different times without a problem. Hashimi staff is very polite and helpful!

I traveled with my 78 yr old 'adopted church Mom', who did have trouble climbing the many stairs to get up to the Hotel. There is not an elevator. If you are young and agile this is not too big a deal...but it was very difficult for her.

This hotel is a great option if you want to stay within the walls of the Old City of Jerusalem.

The Hotel is located in the Muslim Quarter, a little bit of a walk (for older or handicapped people) from Damascus Gate. The Hotel is a little bit hard to find with all the vendors and shops so close together and in such a busy, hustling area. At night, all the shops close up and then it is easier to find, although, a bit eerie to walk the corridors of the Old City with cobblestone narrow 'streets' and just the echo of footsteps. I am a brave girl, but honestly, I did feel quite a bit uneasy on my own. I wouldn't recommend walking at night.

Again, THE LOCATION is very good, if you absolutely must stay in The Old City of Jerusalem, it is close to "The Church of the Holy Sepulcher" and about a 15 min. walk to the "Wailing/Western Wall" also it's a good 15 min walk just outside Damascus Gate to "The Garden Tomb".

This was my 2nd trip to Jerusalem, The Holy Land, and for me honestly, I would prefer staying just outside of The Old City.

But, if you want to stay inside the Old City, I would definitely recommend Hashimi Hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed only 1 night, but we happy! Center of city, only two min.to all interesting places. Very nice and clean rooms. Really great view from the roof. Free internet, tea and coffee. If we come again to Jerusalem, be sure to stop here. I liked it!

Room Tip: amazing roof
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
West Sussex, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

To step straight off the narrow,bustling ancient Khan az Zeit street in the heart of the old city through a doorway and into the tranquil stylish, marble interior of a near 300 year old hotel is almost like an act of magic. Hey presto, one's own instant retreat for peace, quiet and rest....and a cup of tea! The staff couldn't be friendlier. We arrived after dark after almost everything had closed but the ever smiling Saleh conjured us up a delicious takeawy pizza which we ate on a terrace with a fabulous view over the old city. Yes the rooms are a little spartan looking but our bed was very clean and comfortable, the air conditioning was efficient and the hot water immediate. We also had a direct dial telephone. We could get tea/coffee whenever we wanted and the breakfast was very adequate, albeit not western biased. This was our first visit but we would definitely return.

Room Tip: We asked for a room with a good view and got it. It was east facing.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Hashimi Hotel and we very happy with the service/ facilities provided by the hotel, the breakfast had a great variety & taste, the view from the bedroom and balcony was amazing, the hotel was very tidy and provided free internet/ tea/ coffee facilities and the staff were all very helpful, just like to mention in particular - 'Salah' was very helpful, giving plenty of advice and always smiling and happy to help, giving a few jokes too :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view showing the city & the doom of the rock- amazing
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hashimi Hotel and Hostel? Share your experiences!