“Nice and inviting” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 55 Jerusalem B&B and Inns
Ljungskile, Västra Götaland, Sweden
“Nice and inviting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

very home nice and welcoming place. Simple with dedicated owner and staff. Many of thoose who been there comes back again. Very good breakfast with a cup of fruit sallad every morning. You find the B&B very close to the bus station in Jerusalem. /Robert

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Hebrew first
Pelham, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

For almost last 10 years Allenby Bed & Breakfast has given to me what I wanted in Jerusalem, a studio apartment (small but with all facilities of an apartment) at a reasonable price (for 90 days the last many years). It is located just off Jaffa Street (sometimes called a road), the main street in Jerusalem that runs from the Central Bus Station all the way down to the Old City. At the time cars and buses used Jaffa Street, but now the Light Rail train runs down it. I received an excellent breakfast each morning with the opportunity to provide meals for myself at noon and at night, either in my apartment or with friends somewhere. Cable television with Fox News, Daystar and METV, kept me informed for all my interests. Closeness to the Light Rail and the buses makes it convenient to get anywhere in Jerusalem or beyond.

Room Tip: I have stayed at three apartments at Allenby and I would rate them all excellent.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
aalborg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I liked the place from the first webcontact -located central near the bus station and the new tram and even overnight parking nearby

the house is friendly very clean quiet and well furnished they serve a good healty breakfast all at a very reasonable price- the owner and all the staff friendly and helpfull and there are good choices of accomodations there

there is nothing to regret maybe the ultra religious neighborhood

gerd

Room Tip: book early enough otherwise you miss the chance to stay there
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I wanted an Israeli Experience – one in which we would be immersed in the culture and surroundings and arrange our own tours at our pace and schedule.. We decided to spend one month in Jerusalem and use this as our base to explore this magnificent city and also travel to other parts of Israel. We chose the Allenby II B & B based on its wonderful reviews, its affordability, and it more than surpassed our expectations.

First of all, the location of the Allenby couldn’t be better. The light rail is just down the hill and we were in the old city in less than 10 minutes. It is also an enjoyable walk. On the other end of the light rail is Mount Herzl which led us to Yad Vashem and other places of interest. Also, we could walk to the Israeli Museum (which we did on Saturdays) and the Supreme Court and Knesset. The central bus station is five minutes away. This was definitely a plus and we went everywhere by bus and even ate and did some shopping at the many shops in the bus station.

Secondly, the people at the B&B were extremely friendly and we thoroughly enjoyed the many conversations with such a diverse group at breakfast time. We also looked forward to returning to the B&B after a long day to sit and chat and enjoy the company of others.

And finally, we can’t say enough about our host- Danny Flax. He was a font of knowledge and always went out of his way for us - arranging tours, making phone calls, and suggesting hotels and restaurants. My husband broke his toe and Danny walked us to the nearby clinic. He even called us when we left to make sure we returned home safely. Danny’s sister was also extremely helpful making arrangements for us. We felt that this was our home away from home in one of the most interesting cities in the world. We highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: We loved our corner room with two windows.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Before I booked accomodation for Israel I looked at lots of B & B but kept coming back to The Allenby because of the great reviews....My Stay at Allenby was an Excellent Choice,I had a room with ensuite which was cosy and clean...the breakfasts were Great with Fresh fruit/yogurt/eggs/toast and a never ending supply of tea and coffee...Danny Flak is a Superb host and a wealth of information on Israel..thanks to him I got to do the tour under the Western Wall for just 15 shekles which is about $2.00...his knowledge on Israel is second to none.
The location of Allenby is first class,just a couple of minutes walk to central station and the light rail which takes you to Yad Vashem and also to Damascus Gate for 6 shekles each way...its a 25 minute walk to the Israel Museum and shops and a supermarket are just around the corner.
I very much enjoyed my stay at Allenby and its almost impossible to spend time in Jerusalem and not feel that it touches your Heart...Till we meet again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Camrose Ab. Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My wife and i have been to Israel several times and when we are in Jerusalem we would not even think of stating any where else. I can' remember how many times we have stayed there but we have always found everything about Allenby very enjoyable. The friendly atmosphere and Danny, ( the owner) is always ready to help in any way he can.Breakfast is always good and it is like sitting around with friends and family. We highly recommend Allenby to anybody visiting Jerusalem and we can't wait to get back there and see Danny , Amgusom and all the people at Allenby.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Very good value for Israel. My room was very nice (I haven't seen all the rooms). Very welcoming. Most customers are older people. Well located for the central bus station. However far from the Old Town, which can be a problem on Saturday when the tram is not running.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Allenby Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!