“Amazingly nice!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of National Hotel Jerusalem

Save Saved
You added National Hotel Jerusalem to your Saves list
National Hotel Jerusalem
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Zahra Street 4 | East Jerusalem, Jerusalem 972000, Israel (Down Town East Jeruslaem)   |
Ranked #18 of 87 hotels in Jerusalem
Winterthur, Switzerland
“Amazingly nice!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

This hotel was a great choice: I've never been welcomed and taken care of so friendly than here. Nirvana from the reception is an angel :), she takes care of anything! At my arrival, a big fresh fruit basket plus a bottle of water were waiting in my room. The rooms are beautiful, very clean, and air conditioned. At the top of the hotel is an excellent restaurant, and the hotel manager greets his guests personally. All in all amazingly nice atmosphere, very helpful staff, and not crowded by anonymous tourist masses!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

275 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Turkish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

We only had one night in Jerusalem, and were really pleased to have chosen (at the last minute) the National. As others have written, the reception desk staff at the hotel are superb, but I'd also like to praise the restaurant for its food and service.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I could have never imagined that such great customer service existed!Nirvana will never know how much I appreciate her and the rest of the hotel assoicates!From the hotel staff knowledge to the immaculate clean rooms and excellent free breakfast,and excellent room service. I don't think I can say enough!The perfect location for a true old city experience, conveniently located next to the Jaffa and Damascus gates.The owner is very personable and friendly which is very rare with such a great property.I have already started preparation for my next trip and I can't wait to visit the National Hotel again I've already raved to friends,family,and strangers about this wonderful hotel experience!I can't express enough graititude to the wonderful staff for all their help and knowledge!

Room Tip: The staff is very honest and personable just be vocal about your needs and they will accomodate full...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

I can't put into words the friendliness of the manager and staff of this hotel. I arrived over heated and stressed out and they quickly got me a glass of ice water, took my bags to my room, and then later sent a fruit basket and large bottle of water to my room "on the house." During my four-day stay, the girl at the desk learned my name and talked to me each day. Everyone was very polite and helpful. What a great place to stay, especially for a female traveling alone. I highly recommend the National Hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Camarillo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

We booked the National Hotel on our own without recommendations and were pleasantly surprised the minute we walked in the door. We were greeted by Nirvana, who could not have been more welcoming and helpful. Sammy helped with our bags and brought us complimentary fresh fruit. Our room was clean, spacious, light, and quiet. The included breakfast in the restaurant with a view was very nice. We can also recommend the hotels' restaurant for dinner. The short walk to Damascus gate through the Arab quarter is safe and interesting. We had just finished a 10 nt. cruise and felt just as pampered at this hotel. We would definitely book the National Hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

at this beautiful new hotel. The staff were friendly, professional and helpful. We only stayed for the one night but will definately return on our next visit to Jerusalem. After 2 traumatic weeks in the West Bank this was a huge treat. The room was spotlessly clean, superb huge white towels, loads of shampoo etc and pillows to die for. The breakfast room allowed a beautiful panoramic view of the city and the breakfast was tasty and plentiful. Hospitality just as expected, warm and inviting.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

Pros
The hotel restaurant was good food and a decent price. We paid around $35 dollars for both of us.
The General Manager was a really good guy and tried his best to take care of us
The location was within walking distance from the Damascus Gate
The staff tried really hard to assist us in every way
The rooms were nice and clean.

Cons
I wouldn't take my wife here again. They say it is a 4 star hotel but I would put it at more like a 2 or 3.
First off we paid $185 a night for two nights. For this hotel I think this is too much.
We like quieter areas. The area of this hotel is quite loud and busy.
Walking from Damascus gate to the hotel is not 5 min it is at least 10-15 (picky but it's the truth)
The staff was very nice but seemed to be unprofessional. It was like the hotel manager recruited his nieces and nephews to come and help out. Some couldn't speak English very well which was frustrating. Most of them were just dressed in normal street clothes which was kind of annoying and not very professional.
The internet is wireless here and did not work in my room I had to go to the lobby to get it to work.
I don't like when the wireless internet is not secured as it was at this hotel. I had the "IT Guy" come see why my internet was not working and he said it is you just have to connect to something called default which was not secured. I thought that was a little shaddy.
My wife likes to take a bath sometimes at night and she couldn't because as the hotel told us they didn't have drain plugs because guests had misused them. I told them we wouldn't misuse them so could we just have one and we were told they got rid of all of them. Again, I thought that was kind of shaddy.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to National Hotel Jerusalem? Share your experiences!