“Great food at reasonable prices” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Israeli
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ra'anana, Israel
“Great food at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

The atmosphere is intimate and the service excellent. When we tried a wine we didn't like, the waiter had no problem opening a different bottle for us. We were not charged for the first.The beef carpaccio was superb as was the spicy Moroccan fish (chraime) washed down with a very nice Yiron red wine. The chicken in paprika was very tasty and the portions are generous.
The dessert I chose was a little too rich for my palate - I took the chocolate souffle - too sweet for me - but the espresso was great. A restaurant well worth visiting with delicious food and friendly courteous service!

Visited January 2014

• Hebrew first
Jerusalem, Israel
“end of the year dinner with colleagues”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

This was and end of the year celebration, the mixed group was 14 people strong mostly Europeans.
The service was outstanding, very attentive without being annoying. I am giving a big thumbs up for that- especially their events coordinator Gal who was with me all the way so that everything would go well. (disclosure- there is a special condensed menu for events up to 30 - we arranged what we needed from their with her help and ordered a la carte as well).
Their delicious bread was waiting for us when we arrived and was delicious and fresh. (in mu opinion not something to be taken for granted in any food establishment).
we shared many strted and they were unique, fresh, and tasty. Artichokes, Endive and greens salad, Carpacchio of Sinta, and Ceviche-one of the best I have had in a long time.
wines were well matched by our choice and we chose local- they were lovely with our food- their absolute gentleman of a Sommilier who is from south america was very knowledgeable without making it fussy. for main course many people went for the Confit of Goose legs-did i mention we were with Europeans?!- and they said it was very well done. the sides were not miscellaneous rather complemented and rounded out the dish- all the vegetable garnishes were tender- crisp and delicious- we also had Salmon (perfect with the snow-peas!) and simply delicious marinated spach-cocked spring chicken grilled. What I loved about this besides the glorious food was also the place we sat, the ambiance was perfect- some people had come in our group with their spouses and they said they will be returning for an anniversary or other special occasion. The Sous chef on duty took the time to speak with me and make sure all was alright.
One of the best evenings out for this type of occasion- last item- out large group did not seem to effect the service in the rest of the Dining room- we sat in the main dining room- and the wait staff and the kitchen obviously knew what they were doing!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Woodmere, New York
“Drove Back from Tel Aviv”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

My wife and I were just in Jerusalem and we had two fantastic meals at Touro. We actually drove all the way back from Tel Aviv on the second night because we had to eat there again! The food and wine were fantastic and the setting/view is priceless. You are given special attention by the entire staff. No doubt some of the best food we have ever eaten. A must!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jerusalem
“Unjustifiably expensive, small portions. Some were delicious though”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We went to Touro restaurant with a group of friends. We reserved our table yesterday but when we arrived the restaurant was packed and we were told that no table in the main restaurant would be free until 11 PM (We arrived at 8). Instead, we were offered a table in what they called their balcony which is a type of heated tent. It was freezing (7 degrees outside and my wife had to endure here meal in her coat.)
We ordered a few starters, (Carpaccio, liver and egg-plant), but the kitchen only sent 2 of the courses. No bread arrived. Afterwards, we were told that it cost, and had to order it separately. These starters were very tasty, but tiny. We had to remind the waitress that our third starter hadn’t been given to us.
Onto the main courses: Some of us ordered the 7 hour cooked beef, which was absolutely delicious, but my word, such a miniscule portion, and for well over 100 shekels a portion. My wife ordered chicken but wasn’t impressed. Waitresses have the annoying habit about asking if customers are satisfied. So when I told her that the portion was so small, she told me to order something else. (Silly me: why did I open my mouth!).
The deserts were quite disappointing. Some of us ordered a coconut dish, which tasted like cough medicine.
We landed up paying around 800 shekels for 4 of us. To sum up the meal: Delicious in parts, but made a large hole in our pockets and we left not feeling satiated.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“Top notch food, great service and lovely views and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The food is the real star here (as it should be), but everything else is excellent too - the simple, but stylish decor and lovely staff. Starter of delicious grouper sashimi, followed by succulent filet stake, then knock out chocolate soufflé.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere