“Would definitely stay here again for the next visit in Jerusalem!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Montefiore Hotel

You added Montefiore Hotel to your Saves list
Montefiore Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Shatz Street, Jerusalem 94267, Israel (Nachla'ot)   |
Ranked #28 of 92 Hotels in Jerusalem
Munich, Germany
“Would definitely stay here again for the next visit in Jerusalem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Located in a quiet corner in the center of Jerusalem, 3 min walk to the Ben Yehuda street and 20 min to the Jaffa gate. Many good resteraurants nearby and there's plenty of choices for breakfast. The highlight I have to mention is the staff! All of them are very nice and friendly and always ready to help.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had had the pleasure of staying at the Montefiore 2 years ago and promised that next time I was in Jerusalem I would be back.
Located only an easy 10 minute walk from the Mamila Mall and a 5 minute walk from the food market on Agripas the hotel offers a warm and friendly welcome.
On my last visit I was in a double room which was very comfortable. This time my husband and I booked the hotel's only suite
Situated on the 7 th floor the view was good if a little unromantic !
The only drawback is that the hotel's only elevator stops at the 6 th floor.
If needed the staff would have helped with our bags but it made me wonder what happens if a disabled guest books as I didn't remember seeing any mention on line.
However the suite is great. A large size room with Queen size bed, a double sofa bed and
coffee table.
The bathroom I has a double walk in shower with both overhead rain showers and hand held showers a free standing bathtub with an adjoining shower head and a large sink unit.
However there is no magnifying mirror and because of the sink unit you cannot get close enough to the large mirror for make up application. There is a large mirror in the suite but no dressing table.
Also the hair dryer is a wall type and not very powerful.
I did however find an excellent hairdresser down a nearby street who washed and rough dried my hair for 20 IS.
The suite has sliding glass doors opening onto the hotel's rooftop terrace.
When we arrived I assumed it was for our own use but discovered it serves the whole hotel.
This is a little awkward as it means that if you want to stay in your room with the door open other guests are able to wander in.
Also there are no sheer curtains so in order to let light in whether the doors are open or closed you have to pull back the curtain and the other guests can look in.
The rooftop is well appointed with 2 swinging bucket chairs and several wicker style chairs tables and sofas.
During the week the area was quite but on Shabbat ( Saturday) there were 2 parties of school children and a few other families using the terrace.
They were all very nice but it was VERY noisy and one young lady would have been in our room had we not stopped her as she came over the threshold !!
Breakfast was included and the restaurant although not huge was spotlessly clean. Dishes were being refilled regularly and waiting staff were excellent.
The food was of high quality if not as varied as a 5 star hotel, but still very acceptable.
We had a little problem with our toilet and the engineer came very quickly to rectify it.
There were men touching up paintwork and generally keeping everything up to a very high standard.
In my opinion this is an exceptionally good value hotel, in an excellent and very quite ( no traffic allowed ) location with very obliging staff ( and free wifi!!!)
We will definitely be returning next time we are in Jerusalem

Room Tip: There is only 1 suite and it's not suitable for people unable to use stairs.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a good option if you want a good hotel, in a good location and don't want to send a lot. It's very close to Ben Yehuda street, close to the light train and close to the old city.
The breakfast is very good. The staff is very helpful and polite. The room is honest and clean.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for two nights during Passover 2015. In general it's tough to find a decently priced hotel in Jerusalem that's near the City Center and not a complete hovel. Thankfully the Montefiore was perfect for our needs. It was within walking distance of the Old City and all City Center attractions, very close to the tram, and on a cute side street without any traffic. The staff is very courteous and even allowed us to do a pretty late (2pm) check out for my parents when my mom got sick. The breakfast was sufficient for our needs and the dining room served as a pleasant start to our day. The rooms are small but clean and in good condition even though they have not been upgraded for some time. The hotel feels a bit worn down, but not in a way that made it unpleasant.

Overall, a nice stay for a good price and a good location. I honestly don't think you can get any better for what this costs, although if you're willing to spend a lot more per night, there are superior hotels to choose from.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Brooklyn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On the whole, this hotel is fine. The rooms are an okay size, the internet is reliable and I'm always happy to have a mini-fridge (surprisingly noisy for something so small!). Pretty minimal accoutrements as far as shampoo and soap. My main issue is the beds - two twin beds pushed together does not make a queen! The location is pretty convenient and reasonably quiet. Service was fine. My rating would be higher if the hotel stood out in *any* way, but it's really just an average hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
ShaniSaad, Front Office Manager at Montefiore Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guests,
Thank you for sharing with us your reviews about your stay at our hotel,
Please accept my sincere apologies. Our guests satisfaction is our top priority and we are doing our best to ful fill your expectations .
As a chain that strives for excellency, we take your complaints seriously and hope to improve our service.
I hope to see you again for an upgraded experience.
Best Regards,

Front Office Manager
Montefiore Hotel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

I highly doubt you can find a better hotel when it comes to location+quality+price+service. It's right of Ben Yeduda and King George, close to everything, the hip areas as well as the old city. Couldn't ask for more--clean rooms, rooftop terrace with a view, delicious Israeli/Palestinian breakfast, and you can tell they take customer service seriously. They let us check in at 6am since a room was available, much appreciated after an overnight flight. Stop looking, this is the place to stay in Jerusalem.

Room Tip: The suite on the top floor is worth it.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
ShaniSaad, Front Office Manager at Montefiore Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2015
Dear Dru,
Thank you very much indeed for your lovely feedback of Hotel Yehuda. I am very pleased that you had such a nice stay with us and that all aspects of the hotel have left such a memorable impression.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Warm Regards,
Front Office Managerregards
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

Stayed at the Montefiore Hotel the first week of February 2015. Room was very good in every way .... with a big bath tub ..... which was a real bonus ..... got to soak after long days of sightseeing. I was traveling on my own, and this was my first time in Jerusalem. I like to eat/drink and a good restaurant bar, especially when I'm on my own. I asked the reception manager, Shani Saad for recommendations. She said she would put some together for me which was great. Well, I finally got down to the front desk in the early evening .... and of course .... she had gone home. But, there was a handwritten list for me, complete with names, addresses and phones, of what she considered the best of Jerusalem for me. I followed that list for the entire week .... which really made my evenings special. My Jerusalem days were filled with the best of museums, history, and walks. My nights were filled because of Shani. Thank you!!!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
ShaniSaad, Manager at Montefiore Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2015
Dear Stewart,

I thank you for the kind words you wrote ,about the hotel and about me .
I had a tender to have you our hotel and meet you and I look forward to your next visit .
Wishing you all the best in the world,

Reception Manager

Been to Montefiore Hotel? Share your experiences!