“Weekend Getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jerusalem Gardens Hotel & Spa

You added Jerusalem Gardens Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Jerusalem Gardens Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Zeev Vilnai St, Kiryat Moshe, Jerusalem 96100, Israel   |
Offers & Announcements
Enjoy your time in Jerusa
Ranked #43 of 92 Hotels in Jerusalem
somewhere in the Mediterranean
“Weekend Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We decided at the last minute to go to Jerusalem for the weekend and found a good deal online for this hotel which included Friday night dinner. We arrived at about 11.30 on Friday morning and managed to get the last space in the fairly small covered car park belonging to the hotel. We were prepared to leave our luggage and go out for the rest of the day but the room was ready so we checked in. After reading reviews I'd contacted the hotel directly and asked for a room on a high floor which the hotel honoured.

The bed was extremely comfortable and the mattresses looked new. The rest of the room looked a little tired and there was a lot of rust and damp on the back of the bathroom door. We put food in the fridge for eating and lunchtime today but when we took it out everything had frozen!

Dinner on Friday night was tasty, hot and plentiful. Breakfast in the morning left a little to be desired and could have had a lot more choice.

The indoor pool had a lot of chlorine in the water and my husband had terrible pain in his eyes after coming out of the water. The gym looked small but well-equipped although we didn't use it.

Overall we had a nice time and would recommend the hotel. The location is good and we took the light railway (a 2 or 3 minute walk from the hotel) to the market on Friday afternoon.

Room Tip: Rooms on a high floor (10th, 11th, or 12th).
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Hebrew first
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stayed at many hotels in jerusalem and i was very pleasantly surprised as was my entire family by the absolute spotlessness of the rooms. even the grout in the bathrooms was white. looking for a lost favorite toy we checked under the bed and behind the minibar - clean. We were there with our children and grandchildren - 6 rooms - the housekeeping staff checked with us twice a day to see if we needed our room refreshed. the lobby and common areas were also kept clean and fresh.the mattresses and bedding were excellent and we all slept well. I also had excellent experiences with the front desk - very professional and never refused our many requests. at worst they said that it wasn't possible but suggested a better alternative. we also found a shortage of bellhops during busy times but there is an entrance without steps if you ask to bring in your luggage yourself. the spa was amazing. although there really wasn't enough information available to the guests, you had to look for the spa, i gave directions to two other guests that had trouble finding it too. i didn't even know there was a sauna until another guest told me how much they enjoyed it.
easy access to the light rail puts you minutes from the center of town and the old city. walk to the knesset and israel museum and cinema city. A really good and pleasant place to stay

Room Tip: rooms on a high floor facing the bridge have a better view but are noisier because of traffic corne...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a decent hotel with a very good price, nice staff. The level of service in general is OK but the atmosphere seems frozen in the 80's, and I would define it as a "budget luxury hotel".
All needs improvement but it is fine. More a good three star hotel than a 5 star hotel - as its price!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great food and amenities! I stayed with a birthright group and was very impressed. The only inconvenience was how the pool area was only open to men for several nights during out stay. I understand that the religious reasons, but this was not fair to the women in my group. I was also not a fan of having to pay additional money for wifi...

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

everything was fine, average hotel, nothing extraordinary really.
The downside is that there is free wi-fi only in the lobby, and for an hour. To have wi fi in the rest of the hotel you need to pay...

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Scarsdale, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2015

We arrived at the hotel excited to be in Jerusalem; however, there was no bell hop, and no ramp to bring our heavy suitcases up into the hotel. My father has two torn menisci's and had to carry the heavy suitcases up a steep flight of stairs to enter the lobby, as me, my sister, and my dad's girlfriend were not strong enough to lift the suitcases. That was problem number one.

Problem number two. We asked the front desk if there was wifi, they said we can pay for it for each room. Wifi cost was quoted at 21.50 Nis so we said sure, lets take it as I need to register for my Fall semester classes tonight. Upon entering the room we connected one of our phones to wifi not knowing the 21.50 is per device which I found out when I tried to connect my laptop. When we realized this issue we returned to the front desk and expressed our concern and our need for wifi and that the price quoted to us was per room not per device. We asked if we can disconnect my phone from the internet and instead connect my computer... we were told this was not possible and would have to purchase another internet connection as they sarcastically smiled. Keep in mind 21.50 Nis is about $5 USD which is not expensive; however, the fact that the hotel would not accommodate this request and was in a sense nasty was very distasteful. Me knowing I need to register for my classes tonight, and need internet access I got a little upset and expressed my frustration to the man working the concierge named Mohammed. The concierge did not want to listen to a 20 year old girl, so he told my father to tell me in Hebrew to "shut her mouth." My father being a good parent (and able to speak/understand Hebrew fluently) told the man not to speak that way to him or his daughter (in hebrew), they then got in a back and forth with the concierge calling my father names and SCREAMING at him in the hotel lobby. All the while this is happening people were trying to check in, and the shift manager was on duty watching all of this happen.

I was in shock that the concierge Mohammed was not told to quiet down ONCE, nor told to go to the back room and calm down by his manager named Shy. Shy was standing right next to him and was the shift manager on duty.

We were recommended to this hotel by my aunt who is a manager of a bank in Israel, and refers many of her clients here, you can rest assured that she will no longer be sending business to this hotel anymore and we definitely will not be coming back.

This is called the "HOSPITALITY" industry, and we felt nothing hospitable from Shy or Mohammed. Shalom and Good Riddance.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

The hotel is old, very small rooms, NO air conditioning in guest rooms, painted very dark colors in hallways, and very small elevators. This place needs to be renovated ASAP. I cannot believe people even stay there, but we were part of a tour group and had no choice. Our Travel Agent in the US had booked us there for 3 nights. The food was just OK, nothing to brag about. Meat made me stomach upset the entire time I was there, and I certainly wouldn't go back. No mattress pads on mattresses in the room, and the maid only left 1 glass in bathroom for 2 people! My girlfriend and I aren't married to each other OK? Very disappointing except for the 8pm to 9:30 pm happy hour in bar, 2 for one on drinks! Maybe the management thinks that will help business.

Room Tip: Avoid this place at all costs!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
JerusalemGardens, Manager at Jerusalem Gardens Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Linda
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Jerusalem Gardens Hotel.
Please accept our apologies that we were unable to provide you with the wonderful experience as you expected.
Some remarks you mentioned will help us improve our self.
Some are part of the hotel, such as the elevator size, but that as you know, does not determine the quality of our hotel & service.
You always have to consider price V quality you receive.
I think that if you will check, you will see our hotel has one of the best deals to offer in Jerusalem for that value.

Been to Jerusalem Gardens Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!