“perfect place for perfect tour” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #50 of 90 Hotels in Jerusalem
north galillee
“perfect place for perfect tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

an excellent place to be in closed to every thing Ben Yehuda Old city Mahaneh Yehuda.
nice people helpfull staff

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Hebrew first
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2009

We stayed there and had a fine time. Kids loved being right in the heart of the city, right downtown. Plenty of space and we loved having a fridge and micro-wave. We spoke with Stuart and saved a whole lot by getting the room from a private person. Great Deal!!! Not the Ritz, but worked for us just fine.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

I have considerable experience as a 'budget' traveller but this hotel did not meet even my minimum standards. As a woman who travels on her own a lot, security is very important to me. This was the biggest issue with this hotel - and believe me, there were plenty of issues. On three separate occasions during my week stay, the cleaning staff left my door open. I don't mean that they closed it and didn't lock it....they actually left the door ajar all day. The first time I complained I spoke to the 'security manager'. His reason was that some doors are hard to close and the staff have to pull them really hard to ensure they close properly. I was pleasant enough and was assured it wouldn't happen again. The next day it did, I was not so pleasant that time when speaking with the manager and the third time I was just plain mad! Luckily I don't have much of value and always carry my passport with me but the fact that the hotel didn't care was enough to suggest that you are not safe staying here. I paid a hotel cleaning staff to actually ensure my door was closed after the 3rd time. How ridiculous is that! The room was not at all as represented and all the comments from others regarding cleanliness, ease of access (the Shabbat elevators were broken while I was there) and the service are all true.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Chicao
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

When entering the lobby we thought we were in a 4 star hotel, but when we went to our room, which was supposedly a two bedroom big enough for a family of 5, we felt like we were in a 1 star hotel. When opening the pull out coach, we discovered that one could not get by to go to the "kitchen". What they called a kitchen was nothing more than a sink with some cabinets. There was limited space for our clothing. The hotel staff was lazy and unhelpful. I asked for something to heat up water. After waiting hours, I had to ask again. When making the reservation, I was told to ask for late check out when I checked in. When we checked in and I asked, I was told they had to check with the manager. Each morning I asked if they have checked yet. Each morning I got another excuse. Finally I had to ask for the manager and was able to get late check out. I had book the new upgraded two bedroom. If the room I had was upgraded, I would hate to see the old room. The room was dirty and as I said, had no room to walk. We had to climb over the pull out coach to get to the door, "kitchen", or bathroom. You get what you pay for. We paid less than $300 a night for this room, which wasn't even worth what we paid.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
MICHIGAN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

I have stayed at Lev Yerushalayim on two visits to Jerusalem. I love the location, right across the street from the Ben Yehuda mall and walking distance to the Old City, Mea Shearim, Mahane Yehuda Market and other Jerusalem attractions.

My only complaint is that the two flights of steps to reach the lobby from King George Street is difficult for a disabled person. The air conditioner did not work to full efficiency,

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
stamford, CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

Great location and adequate facilities, though spartan. Unfortunately, publicized upgrade to rooms seems to have stalled, hall carpets are stained and there does not appear to be an onsite manager. Our room did not have a working phone. Kitchen items like hotplate and hot water kettle were missing. The airconditioning in the room was noisy. The staff tried to help and the maid was especially helpful!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Bethesda, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

I've stayed at Lev Yerushalayim on three previous trips - the 2-bedroom suites were ideal for a family. On this last trip, I couldn't believe it was the same hotel - lipstick on the glass in the bathroom, stained pillowcase, no kitchen supplies at all, and overpriced (with additional charge for WiFi).

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Lev Yerushalayim? Share your experiences!