“Falls just short of 5 stars” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Inbal Jerusalem Hotel

You added Inbal Jerusalem Hotel to your Saves list
Inbal Jerusalem Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Ze'ev Jabotinsky Street | Liberty Bell Park, Jerusalem 92145, Israel   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #3 of 92 Hotels in Jerusalem
Rehovot, Israel
“Falls just short of 5 stars”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed here over a weekend and, for the most part, were very pleased with the accommodations. Our room had a king-sized bed, desk and chair, armchair, huge flat-screen television, minibar and safe. There was a big closet with plenty of wooden hangars and lots of drawer space. A nice balcony had a table and two chairs.

There were coffee and tea-making facilities and a welcome tray of fresh fruit and petit fours. Housekeeping came twice a day to clean and straighten up the room.

My main complaint was with the bathroom. It was rather small, and had hand and wall-mounted showers in the narrow bathtub. There was a piece of lucite cemented onto the tub on the outside edge of half the tub in lieu of a shower curtain or sliding doors. So in order to adjust the shower temperature, you had to get into the tub, aim the showerhead as far towards its adjacent wall as it would go, then turn on the tap. With luck, you could avoid getting your feet wet with the cold water that initially came out of the shower. Definitely a very poor design! The towels were thick, but not very large, and terrycloth robes (size XL and XXL) and slippers were provided.

We had half-board, and found both the breakfasts and dinners quite satisfactory, though some of the hot food wasn't all that hot. There was a lot of variety, and a special section with kid-friendly food like hot dogs, shnitzel and pasta. It was all buffet, except for hot beverages, and it wasn't always easy to get a waiter's attention to get those.

We didn't use the pool or spa facilities, and thought that the spa treatments were rather overpriced.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

The hotel is centrally located, clean and the staff is over the top in accommodating the guests
We stayed on the executive floor and enjoyed the convenience of the lounge. The drinks snacks and food were wonderful. The breakfast in the dining room was also wonderful
The room was big beautiful bright and with large windows with views of the city. The windows open for fresh air if desired. There is an espresso maker with coffee pods in the room. There are tea bags as well. The coffeemaker can make hot water for the tea The mini bar in the room is free. Fruit, petit fours, chocolates, and wine are in the room when checking in
The bathroom is full of first rate toiletries, bathrobes. terry bath slippers and plenty of towels.
The staff was both warm and professional. Nurit at the front desk always makes sure that your requests are met - and she follows up asking if everything was done to your satisfaction. She makes you feel like you are a VIP. When Nurit was off Sandra greeted us with a big smile, used our names and always asked if everything is okay
The 'Bell Boy' El Ad not only greeted us regularly, but when he bumped into us in a busy cafe in town (when he was off from work) asked if everything was okay - if there was anything he could do to assist us
I write this review not because I had a great experience, but because I am sure that anyone who visits the Inbal will have a very similar experience

• Stayed February 2014
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

In my opinion the Inbal hotel is simply the best hotel in Jerusalem. The staff are what makes the place so special; they welcome me like a long-lost friend (not so long-lost as I am there every few months). We went for a weekend and stayed in an executive room, so we received the benefits of the executive lounge, which in itself makes the trip worthwhile!

Room Tip: If you are going to be in the hotel a lot, consider an upgrade to an old city view as the view from...
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Simply put: #1 stay in Jerusalem. I am a return guest for nearly 10 years. i have been there with groups, family and solo, each time the experience was fantastic. After a short while, you come to learn the staff on a one to one name basis who remember you the next time you come. Staff retention is high which is a reflection of the quality of the hotel

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

IInbal hotel is known to be one of the best hotels in Jerusalem. We had good experience a while ago therefor we decided to visit again on February, and booked a weekend to the executive floor.
The room is beautiful, comfortable and very clean. The balcony is huge and view is breathtaking.
The food was delicious with great variety. Service was excellent.
The executive lounge was perfect and price worth. We enjoyed the great food and beverages, having a quiet conversation and reading. The service is perfect and the girls took care of all our needs.
We can't wait to come there again.

Room Tip: ask for the 8-9 floors
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Shlomit F, communications and social media manager at Inbal Jerusalem Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Guest

It was our pleasure to host you and we thank you for your heart warming review.

Our guest's comments are invaluable for us as they are our most trusted source of information when we come to monitor and improve the services we offer our guests throughout the hotel.

Therefore, it is always rewarding to learn that we have succeeded in performing our job.

We hope to host you again in the future.
Brooklyn ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

We had a beautiful stay at the inbal in Jerusalem the service was great and the food was delicious ,everyone in the staff was there to help you especially the girl working in the business center (I think her name is shira)who helped us to print out google maps walking directions , would definitely recommend this place to stay

• Stayed February 2014
Shlomit F, communication and social media at Inbal Jerusalem Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Guest

We were happy to host you here and we thank you for caring and for posting such a lovely review. Your comment about Shira will be passed on to her and i am confident that it will be an encouragement to her in her future work. It is seldom that people notice the little things, so thank you once again.

I hope your journey to Israel was interesting and enjoyable and that you had a safe trip home.

we will be looking forward to your next visit.

Kind Regards,
Shlomit Ferber.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I just spent 5 nights at the Inbal. It was my first time at this hotel. Previously I've stayed at the Dan Panorama in Jerusalem, as well as the King David. My thoughts on the hotel are as follows: incredibly clean, beautiful lobby, helpful staff, decent sized rooms and great location. My only complaint is that I was unimpressed with the breakfast buffet. I was expecting a beautiful spread with tons of selection, similar to other hotels. In fact, I expected even better than other hotels because of the price. But I was very let down. The food and selection at Dan Panorama (and of course King David) was so much better! I personally love the Israeli breakfast buffets. It's one of my favourite parts of the whole experience. I was expecting so much more from Inbal. That is not to see that there wasn't enough food or that it wasn't a lovely breakfast. It just wasn't over-the-top like other hotels. And for the price I was paying, I expected it to be! The scrambled eggs were wattery and not edible. There was minimal selection of fresh cut-up fruits, no yogurts displayed in bowls (just a mini fridge with some store bought ones), lacking salads and the whole "wow" factor that other hotels have accomplished.

My only other complaint would be that one day I had a tour booked at 6:30am. The night before I asked the front desk if there was anything they could do about breakfast for me (as buffet only starts at 6:30). They said they would pack me a breakfast box and deliver to my room at a requiested time. I asked for 5:30am delivery. By 6:15 when I got to the lobby, I did not have my breakfast box delivered. I went to tell the front desk and they went into the back room and grabbed it for me. Looks like they forgot to tell me I was supposed to come down to get it and that it wouldn't be delivered to my room. Was a small annoyance. The breakfast box had tons of food. In fact, I thought it was even better selection than the buffet itself!

All in all, great hotel, clean, bright and nice rooms for what you get in Israel. Still does not compare to a North American 5-star hotel, but in Israel, it's a different set of standards. For Israel standards, it was a very nice hotel. Just wished the buffet breakfast would have been more over the top!!! Best buffet breakfasts I have experienced are King David (takes top spot for sure!), and Dan Panorama in Tel Aviv (really great spread!).

Would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Shlomit F, at Inbal Jerusalem Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Guest

It was our pleasure to host you and we thank you for your heart warming review.

We hope to host you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Shlomit Ferber

Been to Inbal Jerusalem Hotel? Share your experiences!