“The best hummus...ever!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ramat Rachel

Save Saved
You added Hotel Ramat Rachel to your Saves list
Hotel Ramat Rachel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kibbutz Ramat Rachel | D.N Tzfon Yehuda, Jerusalem 90900, Israel (Givat Ram)   |
Ranked #38 of 87 hotels in Jerusalem
London
“The best hummus...ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The Ramat Rachel serves the most delicious hummus I’ve ever tasted, accompanied by freshly baked bread and very agreeable white wine. My wife and I enjoyed a buffet lunch in their 900 seat Banquet Hall, and were thoroughly spoilt by the wide choice of freshly-prepared cold salad starters. These were so tasty that I didn’t need a main course, saving space instead for the mouth-watering array of flans and honey-soaked cakes from the dessert table. Yummy yum! The young waiters spoke excellent English, were genuinely friendly and more than happy to replenish our empty wine bottle. This must be a great venue for celebrating a wedding or bar mitzvah!

The Ramat Rachel is a kibbutz of almost 400 people founded back in 1926. It is situated on the outskirts of Jerusalem, near to the border with the West Bank/Bethlehem. They produce their own olives, cherries and other fruits.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here as part of a trip to Jerusalem and Bethlehem, Comfortable hotel with most rooms having a view of Bethlehem. Rooms very large and spacious.
Location is a bit out of Jerusalem but the reception are happy to organise taxis.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were in a group on a day tour of Jerusalem from a cruise ship. This hotel was our included lunch break. Part of the dining room had been reserved for us, the tables were all nicely laid out and had water and wine on them. There was a large choice from the buffet, I had boiled beef and carrots, after a salad starter, which was funny considering its a line from a london cockney song, the beef was lovely and tender, everyone I spoke to was happy with the food they chose. There was a shop to buy local nik naks and nice gardens to relax in.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Beautiful Hotel . Gorgeous wedding room fit for a King. Spacious rooms for rent clean friendly service. Nice lobby area to meet people from all over the world. If you didnt know better aside from the accents you would think you were in a better quality American Hotel. Would loved to have stayed longer if we could but the party moved to another area of Israel. Next time we will try to stay longer. only reason its not 5 star is because I base it on American Hotels and value. Its expensive and not quite the 5 stars you get in America however the breakfast was out of this world !

Room Tip: Just ask to desk when you arrive.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This review is by someone who usually stays at the King David in Jerusalem, so as you can imagine I was a little worried when I found out I was staying at Ramat Rachel on a Mother and Daughter tour of Israel. Though I was very pleasantly suprised when I saw our room. It was modern, clean and had everything we needed. I had been pre-warned not to expect a bathrobe or slippers or all the nice smelly stuff you get in luxury hotels but it had a safe, air conditioning comfortable pillows, and even a very nice view of Bethlehem.
The reception area was dated and I believe that not all the rooms were as contemporary as mine. Perhaps they have not completed updating all the rooms so ask for a new room when you book.
The hotel is set in the beautiful grounds of a kibbutz and next to an area of archeological interest. You can walk around or get a guided tour which I found fascinating.
Breakfast was quite good. Israeli hotels really know how to do sumptuous breakfasts, but the Friday night supper was not quite so great.
The big disappointment was the lack of a pool. It is covered by a bubble (I am assuming this is over the winter months) and it had recently blown down. The kids were desperate for a swim but I doubt they will do anything to fix it as the weather will be warm enough to swim without it soon enough. The gym was an excellent size compared to most hotels that I have stayed in but I think it is a commercial enterprise and is used by the kibbutz and local residents as well as hotel guests. When I went to look at it, it was extremely busy on a Friday afternoon. Unforunately I didn't get a chance to use it but it would have been more than sufficient for my needs with the full range of equipment to suit everyone and a variety of classes were on offer as well. The jacuzzi on the other hand was full of men over the age of 65 and did not look inviting for any of the Mothers or daughters on our trip - maybe we just came at the wrong time. It wasn't particularly attractive in any case.
The hotel is situated around 17-20 minutes by cab from the old city and it cost us around 45-50 shekels for most journeys. I have no idea if there is a local bus as we didn't even check.
Would I stay here again? Yes if I was coming on another trip like the one I did with my daughter. It is clean, the staff were friendly and I liked the surrounding views. It is most definitely NOT a luxury hotel as described in the brochure but you get what you pay for and this was perfect for our needs on this occasion.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been updated
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay at Ramat Rachel, located on the outskirts of Jerusalem, overlooking Bethlehem. Our touring group of 25 was easily transported via our tour bus to the center of Jerusalem and surrounding areas. Rooms were lovely, spacious, clean, had large closet and drawer space, but plenty of room to "spead out" in room with extra seating, window bench, large window overlooking Bethlehem. (Christian tourists not able to enter Bethlehem today, so this was the closest we got!) Bathroom large, clean, fully equipped, bathtub and separate shower. Refrigerator, coffee pot, safe, etc. Free WiFi available in lobby-lounge area, comfortable area to visit with fellow travelers and check email, Facebook, keep in touch with family abroad. GiftShop and jewelry shop on main floor. Large restaurant, round tables for visiting, buffet style, lots of variety including delicious desserts and coffee. Lovely grounds with flower beds, scenery, lovely areas to stroll and patio balcony areas for viewing Bethlehem and Jerusalem. Pros: Upscale feel but not overdone, all amenities, great food and helpful staff. Cons: We had no problem with location on outskirts of Jerusalem with our tour bus, but not sure if location would hinder solo travelers (this was mentioned by another reviewer).
Note: secure bomb shelter was down hall from our rooms... this is way of life in Israel, so nice to know it was easily accessible.
Loved our stay!

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking Bethlehem , we stayed 1 level below lobby
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Conroe, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This hotel sits high overlooking Jerusalem and Bethlehem on the grounds of Kibbutz Ramat Rachel. Beautiful gardens and grounds to enjoy. The rooms are comfortable and clean, nothing fancy, not lavish as described in brochure. we did not experience problems with noise. The food was good (kosher) and a lot to choose from buffet. If it weren't for all the walking I did, I would have gained weight. Breakfast and dinner included in cost of room. Hotel services were good. Available were coffee shop, souvenir shop, (tad on the high side), free WiFi in lobby. The front desk was always helpful. The grounds are large and the only thing that I didn't like was one has to walk 2 blocks to get to the pool area.It would be nice for hotel customers to have a closer entrance.There was no extra charge for use of pool. It is quite a bit out of Jerusalem, but there is a bus stop from the hotel. If you are on a tour or group you will not have a problem with travel.

Room Tip: This is a popular place for Jewish weddings. It was nice to watch and listen from respectful distanc...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Ramat Rachel? Share your experiences!