“INCREDIBLE SERVICE!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 87 hotels in Jerusalem
Boca Raton, Florida
“INCREDIBLE SERVICE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Having lived in Israel for a time and now coming back as a visitor, I am very aware of the limitations that the hotel industry that country faces. However, the service provided by the staff at the Dan Jerusalem puts the rest of the hotels in Israel and even the States to shame! While driving into Jerusalem, I became quite confused and very lost to the hotel. I called the hotel and an English-speaking member of the staff stayed on the phone with me the ENTIRE time, patiently explaining just how to arrive, even though it took over an hour to get me there! She stayed (thank you, Jenny!) past her time scheduled to work, just to make sure I was okay. The manager was so concerned for my safety and welfare, that he waited outside the hotel for me to ensure my arrival. While checking-in, the manager himself oversaw everything, even providing a room upgrade to lessen my anxiety over being lost and escorted me to my room himself! (thank you, Guy!!!).

The 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite was spacious, clean and had a nice courtyard view. Jerusalem is like many urban cities and family-rooms are hard to find. The Dan has several rooms for families that have a salon sitting area, with a small fridge, and a separate bedroom with a door that closes, so parents can have privacy without worrying about children in an entirely separate room. This is one of the few hotels in Jerusalem and throughout Israel that I know that not only provides this but also does so at affordable rate (usually its the cost of 2 separate rooms, even though it's really one large one, with a door separating the areas).The blankets and beds were very comfortable and luxurious, even the pull-out couch! Unbelievable by any standard! However, it is really the service of the hotel that impressed me most. Knowing that I was afraid of getting lost again in the city, the manager arranged for a staff member to purchase a GPS navigation system for me to take in my car. When the GPS did not work properly, the staff tried twice to fix the situation immediately, never losing patience with me or the situation. In fact, everyone was so nice and pleasant throughout my stay-a true sign of the signature of the entire Dan Hotel chain.

Truly, not only affordable but a wonderful place to stay. Vacations are all about beautiful surroundings which this hotel definitely provides but also feeling like a honored guest, which is exactly what the Dan Jerusalem made me feel. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

581 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Hebrew first
Pully, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

The stay was very nice. Breakfast is the best I have seen in a long time. Rooms are very confortable and service is very helpful, especialy at the front desk. And in order not to spend too much on your stay, they have specials which make the deal a very good value for the money spent.

Room Tip: Choose 4th to 6th floor with view to the old city
Caldwell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is located on a hill overlooking the holy land. You can't believe what you can see . The food and service was excellent, the salads that were offered with the buffet were in my opinion the best I ever has. While you are r
There try their pastry also.

Hamilton, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

First off-- everything was great, especially the breakfast.

However, the hotel charged c. 20 USD per day PER DEVICE for Wifi. So, my wife had her laptop and I had an iPad (we needed both, as we were both working), and the fee was 40 dollars per day.

Everything else was basically very good. Room was nice, good AC, great pool.

Only other suggestion to the staff: PLEASE tell your guests on checking in that the light rail is just two blocks away. Our lack of knowledge about this cost us probably 150 dollars in cab fees over the week we were there until we found the station by ourselves.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
DanHotelsIsrael, Management at Dan Jerusalem Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Dan Jerusalem Guest,
Warm greetings from the Dan Jerusalem hotel.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for devoting time to posting your very nice comments regarding the room, AC, location, breakfast and the pool.
Our guests comments are invaluable to us, as they are our guidelines for monitoring and further improving the services we offer our guests.
the cost for Wifi is for providing the service of reliable wireless system and network monitoring around the clock plus technical support 24/7
We will definitely let our guests know about the light rail location (only two blocks away from the hotel)-thank you for mentioning it.
We strive to give travelers only the best and we are happy that in your case we were successful .
Hope to see you again in the near future.
kind regards,
the Managment.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel, great swimming pool, good service, kids friendly - nice kids club for children even up to 14. Great value for families staying at Jerusalem. Overall - a very nice place, will return again with my family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

This is the second time in the hotel this year, and just got better, enjoyed every minute of it. The front desk manager remembered me and even my name, really helpful and professional, like every one of the staff of this great hotel, i'll be back to Israel in few months and definitely not changing this hotel.

New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The Dan Jerusalem, formerly the Hyatt almost ruined our trip! The staff was incompetent. Our hotel key didn't work 4 days in a row, they tried to fix the door, my children and I had to go to the desk everytime we wanted to be let in the room. Finally, on the 4th day, one staff member said,"oh, here's a manual key". Why did they make us wait 4 days for that solution! Our safe broke and we couldn't get our passports on a day we needed them. No free wifi, no even in the lobby. Our relatives had similar problems including no hot water and a gift basket that was sent to them mysteriously disappeared. I wouldn't stay at this hotel if it was free!!!! Terrible location also! 50 sheckles each way to Ben Yahuda street and no stores in walking distance!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Dan Jerusalem Hotel? Share your experiences!