“The best hotel in Israel” 5 of 5 stars

David Citadel Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 David Hamelekh Street, Jerusalem 94101, Israel   |
Ranked #6 of 87 hotels in Jerusalem
Lyon, France
“The best hotel in Israel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

It s like. Coming. Home,,,,Munir greet with his smile front desk very helpfully I am feel like home.
I love coming to the citadel all the staff are great.
Breakfast is good. The view is unbelievable to the old ciiy

Room Tip: Very good hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ofra A, Hotel management at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
My many thanks for such high praise,and your loyal business.
We know we are doing well when your experiences only improve.
We are proud and happy to be able to serve an impecable service. I will pass your compliments to our staff with great pride.
Hope to see you back soon.

983 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Hebrew first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Just stayed at the David Citadel hotel for eight days. What an absolutely fantastic hotel!! Aside from the Citadel being the best located hotel in Jerusalem without question, the service and the absolute beauty of the hotel are amazing... From the moment you check in and are greeted by a great front office staff led by Manuel Arbid, Munir and Adina Goldberg that cater to your every need, to the moment you check out - the Citadel is a ultra first class experience. The guest rooms and common area rooms are the nicest I have seen in Jerusalem. The Citadel's main dining area where the awesome food is served, overlooks the Old City as does the hotel's beautiful pool. In short, there is no hotel in Jerusalem that offers the ambiance that this hotel offers and I don't think I have stayed at any five star hotel anywhere in all my travels that had service as good as the Citadel provided.....Highly highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
My sincere thanks for such very lovely compliments. We do try, and it’s rewarding to know we provide the luxury hospitality we strive for.
I will pass your comments to our staff with great pride.

We look forward to your next stay with us.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The hotel, David Citadel, is just one block away from The Old City walls of Jersalem, where prophets, holy men and knaves walked (and sometimes plotted) over 2000 years ago. One can't help feeling the magic of the city as one gazes out from the room window or steps out on the veranda and sees the old city walls beautifully lit. Last week they had a Renaissance festival with knights, magicians and witches strolling the narrow alleys. We actually watched a jousting with knights as well as clever hecklers. Now about the hotel. Very contemporary (all marble) and the help is warm and helpful. I havene't been there in 3 years and yet when I arrived the staff recognized me and addressed me by name, as though I was family. Certain hotel staff are worth specific mention and I advise anyone who stays there to stop by and introduce yourself to them. First and foremost are my favorites Munir Salman, Front office manager and Manuel Arbid, assistant FOM. Both will make sure your stay is pleasant and uneventful. The housekeeping staff is a mite too aggressive in always being in your face, but it beats the alternative.
The Breakfast staff (i.e. my friend Sayid) are excellent.

Rooms are large, clean and tastefully done, especially the Alcove Deluxe with the wonderful views. I consider this the best choice in Jerusalem.

Room Tip: I like the Alcove Deluxe best
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
ofra A, Hotel Management at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
My thanks for taking the time to post your review, we are happy to hear when we succeed in providing the superb hospitality we believe you are entitled to.
I will forward your kind words to the entire staff and especially to those you mentioned - with great pride.

We look forward to your next stay with us.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Especially great service from Abed and Said in the restaurant! They were very accomodating; very helpful.
Great location.
Always very welcoming. This has been our 6th or 7th visit.
Lobby redone since our last visit

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
On behalf of the entire staff, I wish to thank you so much for these warm words, and for your loyal business over the years.
I will definitely pass your kind comments to our team members- especially Abed and Said at breakfast.
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay, and hope to host you again soon.
Lawrence, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

the staff was accommadating ,pleasant,knowledgeable and efficient. the alcove room was well appointed and very comfortable ;the view of the old city was inspiring.. The breakfasts were delicious and the waiters were extremely helpfull

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ofra A, Hotel Management at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and praise.Your comments are highly appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the David Citadel as part of a company conference (i think 3-4 times)

Rooms are big, clean, at a high standard
Meals tasty
Breakfasts - BIG with lots of option
Staff very pleasant and warm

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for such high compliments, and for taking the time to write it.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed at the David Citadel for 2 nights on a recent tour of Israel organised by Pomegranate Travel. It is a very comfortable hotel with well designed rooms and excellent facilities. It is perfectly positioned for visiting the holy sights and the new and old parts of this amazing and contrasting city. Our guide (also provided by Pomegranate Travel) was extremely knowledgeable and really brought to life the rich history and culture of Jerusalem. After a long day touring, the hotel's swimming pool was particularly welcome!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for posting your kind review.
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay,as this is the way for us to know we did well.
Hope to see you again soon among our guests.

Been to David Citadel Hotel? Share your experiences!