“Outstanding in Every Way!” 5 of 5 stars

David Citadel Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 David Hamelekh Street, Jerusalem 94101, Israel   |
Ranked #4 of 92 Hotels in Jerusalem
New York City, New York
“Outstanding in Every Way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I recently spent five nights at the David Citadel. The hotel is perfectly located near the Old City and the Mamilla Mall. The enormous and delicious buffet breakfast was enhanced by the attentive servers. The room was beautifully appointed and spotless. The beauitful lounge had a piano player every evening and, again, the servers were charming and attentive. The best part, though, was the caring and resourcefulness of the Concierge. We felt well-cared for in every way. I would highly recommend the David Citadel without reservation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ofra A, Executive Secretary at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you so much for posting this wonderful review. I will defenetly pass you kind comments to the entire stuff,including our Concierge. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay,and hope to see you again among our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Hebrew first
Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My family had a 6 day stay here at the David Citadel. Rooms were very clean, comfortable, & well appointed. Shower water pressure is incredible - you could probably strip furniture with it. I always look for what I call "Quality Tip Offs", small things hotels do that let you know they have their eye on the ball. My favorite aspect of our stay was the buffet breakfast served on the 4th floor - excellent - indoor and outdoor seating (overlooked the wall to the Old City). There was one waiter in particular who we befriended - a man named Yusef. He greeted us with a smile every morning and served us the best cappuccino's I've ever tasted. He even made sure we had "to go" cups when we finished eating. Thank you again, Yusef. Give that man a raise!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time and write such warm words. I will surely pass your comments to the entire stuff and especially to Yusef. Hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon, so you can enjoy the hotel and our famous cappuccino's !
Rishon Lezion, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We chose this hotel because of its great location- near by Mamilla Avenue, 10 min walk from the Western Wall (HaKotel) and the main sites in Jerusalem. The hotel is beautifully designed and very luxurious. From the pool and your room you can see the Tower of David- amazing! The staff are very nice and polite, the cleaning and service is above all your expectations. We enjoyed our romantic vacation in the hotel. If you want to come to Jerusalem, this is the perfect hotel to stay in!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for posting your kind review. I am happy to hear you enjoye your stay,as this is the way for us to know we did well. Hope to see you again soon among our guests.
Saratoga, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We are staying in this lovely hotel for four nights. We are a family of four and have two connecting rooms (751 & 752). One has a king and the other two twins. We like quiet rooms so we have deluxe rooms facing the Old City and the pool. The rooms and bathrooms are spacious and have everything you need. There is a wonderful variety of tasty food at breakfast and the service is very good. I highly recommend this hotel when visiting Jerusalem.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. It is our goal to provide the best service to all our guests, famillies and couple. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to host you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

From the time of check in until we departed everything was at the highest standard. The room with the view of the Old City was riveting, food range and quality at the highest level, especially the breakfast, and the service and care of all staff was as good as it gets.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the centre of the arc of the building or even better a little to the south side...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time and post your great review.
We do strive to create the highest hospitality level,and your comments prove we are on the right track. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I just returned from my first stay at the David Citadel in Jerusalem and am still scratching my head at some of the other reviews for this hotel (I actually question some of their authenticity because I find it impossible for anyone who has ever stayed in a hotel anywhere to consider this one "the most amazing hotel in the world." I booked a "new city" view so can't complain about the view of the parking lot and not the Old City since I didn't want to pay another $140 USD per night for the upgrade. And the good news is that the prison-size window off to the side of the room is so small you don't have to see much of the parking lot.

However, for $500/night I think one should expect doormen who actually open the door, concierges who are courteous and knowledgeable, an alarm clock in the room and maybe even throw in a piece of art on the stark white walls. And let's not forget the abysmal breakfast buffet where the warm food is always cold and the cold food is warm. Cold pancakes. Powdered eggs. Really weak effort, and the one night we ate dinner at the hotel was the last. I have no issue paying $500/night in NY, Hong Kong or Paris for a $500/night experience which this clearly wasn't.

The only bright lights in this hotel was one of the doormen who was truly a professional and a kind waiter who looked after us at breakfast each morning. The rest of the staff acted as though the guests were a necessary inconvenience to their day. I certainly will not be staying at this hotel again, nor it's sister property the Mamilla despite its hip, cool "W" vibe since I would imagine the same ownership/management results in the same culture and service.

Room Tip: If you plan to stay here, I suggest paying out the extra money for one of the nice rooms with large...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ofra A, Executive Secretary at David Citadel Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
I truly am sorry we seem to have fallen short on your recent stay.
We thank you for taking the time and let us know your comments, as we learn from each and every one of it.
We would welcome the chance to host you again and restore your faith in our service.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have stayed at the Citadel numerous times alone when I had to stay over in Israel for the weekends.

This is the first stay with my wife it was an amazing experience the staff was great the room was very nice and all around it was the best experience of any hotel in Israel.

I will definitly continue to stay at the citadel in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
My many thanks for such a wonderful review, it is so good to know our efforts create the hospitality we strive for. Thank you so much for your loyal business.We look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Been to David Citadel Hotel? Share your experiences!