“Good location bad service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Addar Hotel

Save Saved
You added Addar Hotel to your Saves list
Addar Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 St. George's Street, Jerusalem 97200 , Israel (American Colony)   |
Ranked #53 of 87 hotels in Jerusalem
“Good location bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My reservation was for one superior suite with balcony. We arrived at 11am. and were told to wait. At 1:30 pm the receptionist decided to accommodate us on the 6th floor in a room with two beds and a toilet. I asked where is the balcony and why am I getting a room, not a studio. The answer was - the hotel is full and there is no free studio. But I paid full price months in advance and want to get for what I paid-Suite with balcony and kitchenette. Why do you ask me for kitchenette said the receptionist. To eat I said. I felt that I could not overpower the stubbornness of this man and for the first time in my life I resorted to an extreme measure and I said that I would call Venere.com to find out why they sold me the suite and I paid a month ago and has not been saved for me. Then the receptionist said that we have to wait until 3 pm. In the booking was written check in - 2pm. Then he accomodated us in suit without kitchenette. For a rematch they brought very dirty microwave and later they brought another cleaner and they did not left us in peace until the evening. We had no utensils, plates, cups nothing. The most terrible was that the time of registration, he asked for my passport and my credit card. I said that everything is paid , but he insisted and when I handed him my credit card he puted it on the copy machine and copy it.I blocked the card and now have to issue me a new one. This cost me money, it takes time and it is inconvenience for me.
Location is very good, close to the Holy Sepulcher. The breakfast is poor.

Room Tip: Insist to get what you paid for
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

A few friends extended our trip in Israel and wanted a safe, comfortable place to stay in Jerusalem. The Addar's roughly ten minutes walking from Old City and downtown. While it's location feels a tad sketchy, it's a safe area. For the price (we paid $120/night for 3 people) it was absolutely a steal. Ahmed, the receptionist, went above and beyond for us. We only had two beds and planned on our third sleeping on the couch; but Ahmed brought us a 3rd bed for free. They also serve breakfast and offer paid shuttles to the airport. I'd stay their again for the value. Thanks!

Room Tip: It's a great value buy
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Abraham the manager is very nice and helpful. All staff was very kind. The rooms and all public areas not very clean, the internet almost inexistent.The breakfast poor, the tables with ants, let's say it is not very good value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We would like to record our thanks for the service and care provided by the hotel management. A particular Thankyou to Mahmaud Asad for his pleasant approach to our requests and his special capabilities as Dining Room Manager and Abraham Shemmessian for his immediate response to our enquiries with positive outcomes. We would recommend this centrally positioned Hotel to tourists travelling to Jerusalem.

Room Tip: We were on floor 4 there was little outside noise because of double glazing of doors. A lovely overl...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Addar Hotel is a good deal when on sale, we paid $90/night for a 2 bed suite. The room was spacious, but the beds were not particularly comfortable, and the room was old and not particularly clean. What limited interaction we had with the staff was OK, but they were not responsive to our request for more towels. That said, the location is excellent, as it is a block away from the Tram which will take you around the city cheaply, quickly, and reliably. The neighborhood is fine for that part of Jerusalem, as there are many other hotels and the American Consulate within a block. Bottom line: not a bad hotel on a budget, but don't expect much from the room itself.

Room Tip: The 2 bed suite was spacious but not great in terms of quality.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Waterford, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I stayed one week at the Adder Hotel during our trip to Jerusalem.Considering the very reasonable price we paid for our stay we did not expect 5* Hotel accomodation, however we were genuinely satisfied by the facilities on offer- truly value for money! We found the Addar Hotel charming,homely and welcoming. The old style decor may not to be to everyones taste,but for us it fitted perfectly with its surroundings. Rooms are very spacious, actually 2 rooms lounge area and unsuite bedroom. Tv, fridge ,kettle hairdryer,bath or shower, all one needs for a pleasant stay.Breakfast in the mornings was very satisfactory with juices,eggs , beans,sausage ,cereals ,cheeses ,fruits and breads coffee and tea. Mahood in the breakfast restuaraunt was extremely friendly as were all the staff during our stay.
Abraham the desk manager would be very helpful with information ,booking taxis and organising our airport shuttle I must state special thanks to muhammad,the night manager who even helped me at 1am in the morning to print off boarding passes for my connecting return flight from London to Dublin. We would happily stay at the Addar Hotel again if ever we should return to Jerusalem.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies allow better views and excuse to top up tan
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here in June 2014.

The room was very nice---a sitting area and a separate bedroom. I would give my room 4 stars.

Breakfasts are not as elaborate at the well-known 5 star hotels----but they were still very good. And Mahmoud who runs the dining room is exceptionally accommodating.

The only problem was that I needed some place to park my car and on Booking.com this hotel advertises itself as having private parking.

It does not and tells customers to park for free on a nearby street. I got a ticket. And management seemed brain dead/unconcerned that they advertise parking at their hotel for customers.

There is paid parking across from the Legacy Hotel a few minutes away.

The management seems to run hot and cold. They can be exceptionally helpful and exceptionally indifferent. They need some serious leadership.

Would I stay here again? Yes I would.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Addar Hotel? Share your experiences!