“Good Shabbas” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem

You added Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem to your Saves list
Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   47 King George Street, Jerusalem 91076, Israel (Nachla'ot)   |
Ranked #68 of 90 Hotels in Jerusalem
Borough park
“Good Shabbas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

The service, the people, everything was good. The food was delicious. I wish I could take some to go to save for later. One thing was that the electric keys malfunctioned a few times but on Shabbas we had standard keys anyway. Shiras welcoming speech was wonderful and made us all feel at home

• Stayed February 2014
Fattal_Hotel_Chain, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such nice comments.
We glad you enjoyed our famous Shabbas meals.
Sorry for you had technical difficulties, I will pass on your expereicne with the keys to our manager as we are constantly looking for ways to serve you even better.
Making people feel home in Jerusalem is the best part of hosting at hotels.
Thank you for choosing the Leonardo Plaza and we look forward to seeing you again on your next return.
Shira

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Hebrew first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We recently stayed at the hotel. We took an executive room. As you can see from the attached photos the curtain was torn and there was mold by the sink. When I complained I was told that what I paid for was not really the room. It was wifi and access to the business lounge. So take note if you book exec you are getting standard plus the perks that you get for free everywhere else.

The exec lounge is not a quiet room like anywhere else. It is an annexed part of the main lounge. The food which is only put in after 11 is very, very basic. I ordered a coffee and waited for 10 minutes before having to get up and get it myself. This repeated itself almost daily.

The front desk really need to learn to smile though a big shout out to Elliott who really is a nice guy, attentive, and offers service with a smile.

The only thing the hotel has going for it is its value. It is cheaper than the rest. But then like my Mama always said: You get what you pay for!

Breakfast food is average, similar to other 3 star hotels in Israel. I have stayed in numerous hotels around the world that makes this one deserve a 3 star rating max. They only get their TripAdvisor higher rating because Shira works people and posts incessantly on here or gets others to do so. Note all the positive comments make mention of her with her response. Ask yourself how that works.

Room Tip: Do not book Exec. It is a sham.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Fattal_Hotel_Chain, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for your comments.
As you observed, we are really trying to engage in dialogue with the our guests and gauge how we can provide even better service.
You're right, Eliot's humor brings a smile to many guests and I take the time to write back when someone compliments our hotel.
Personal attention is something we try and offer all our clients, and we strive to treat executive members like real VIPs.
I will bring your photos to the attention of the management and suggest that next time you try one of our newly renovated suites.
Monsey, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Shabbat was awesome at the Leonardo plaza. My mom loved the speakers and I liked the kids club. Morah shira told us stories about the parsha and made us laugh! The food was also great and so was the service!

• Stayed February 2014
Fattal_Hotel_Chain, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank for joining us last Shabbat and taking the time to post a positive review.
It was fun teaching you in the kids club while your mother went to the lectures
offered for women. Our goal is to create a place as regal as a palace fit for a King.
Glad you felt like a princess.
We look forward to rolling out the red carpet for your family next time you
return to your home here in Jerusalem.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I spent 6 nights with my boys in the hotel the last week of January 2014 and we had a great time! The nicest part was the warm hotel crew- very positive, friendly and helpful. It was also a really good atmosphere in the lobby. The only negative I had was that the bathtub could have been cleaner and we could have used a havdalah candle, but the room was pleasant and we would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, certainly to religiously observant families.

Room Tip: There are renovated rooms and older rooms. We had an older room, but it was still nice. I would be r...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Fattal_Hotel_Chain, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post your observant review.
Your suggestions are very insightful and I'll be sure to pass them to our staff.
As par your request we now have havdallah candles. Good advice.
We look forward to hosting your family on your next trip to Yerushalyim.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Great location. Close to the Old City. Close to Ben Yehuda. Delicious breakfast, if you ask for an omelette they will bring you one. I'd love to see them being made for me. Very friendly staff. Secure elevators a plus. Great view of old city from some if the rooms.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you for posting a review of the hotel.
The DAAT group sends many visitors to us from all over America and we really appreicate your business.
We're glad you were finally able to expereince our big breakfasts for yourself after hearing about them from your clients.
There are many hotels in Jerusalem and are proud of the fact you choose the Leonardo Plaza for your tours.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel for my mother specifically because it was 5 star and affordable but were surprised to find breakfast was not included. We almost canceled our room but Shira with guest services helped us negotiate a good deal and even offered to escort my elderly mother to The Great Synagogue. That type of service also wasn't listed when we booked but was much appreciated.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for comment and choosing to continue your stay at the Leonardo Plaza.
Your right, our location across from the Great Synagogue is very convient for people on Shabbas.
Your mother told me amazing stories about how much Israel has bloomed in the last 50 years as as I walked with her so it was my pleasure.
We look forward to hosting your family again the next time you return home to Jerusalem.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stayed at the Leonardo Plaza in November 2013 and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The welcome was great, the room was very comfortable, the staff was very friendly, and the food was out of this world - possibly the best buffet breakfast and dinner I've ever had in any hotel (more like a cruise ship than a hotel.) Thanks for a great stay - I will be back for sure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Fattal_Hotel_Chain, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Guest
So nice of you to look back on your trip in November and have fond memories of the Leonardo Plaza.
It was our pleasure to welcome you to Jerusalem. Good food is the way to a guest's heart.
We hope you will dock with us again when next you cruise the world.
Shira

Been to Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem? Share your experiences!