“Outstanding Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem

Save Saved
You added Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem to your Saves list
Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   47 King George Street, Jerusalem 91076, Israel (Down Town West Jerusalem)   |
Ranked #72 of 87 hotels in Jerusalem
New York City, New York
“Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We have been guests at the Leonardo Plaza Hotel for many years during Yom Kippur and Succoth holidays with our grandchildren. Needless to say we had a wonderful and enjoyable time and would like to compliment the staff, especially Ilan Ben Hakoon (Hotel Manager), Yosef (Maitre d), Roberta (Reservations Manager), Rogers (Controller), Osman and Chodesh (Chef).
They are very dedicated and loyal to their guests for the past 2 decades that we have been there and always make certain that we have a pleasant stay. It is for this reason that we continue to return for the holidays. This year my 3 grandchildren who joined for the holidays also had a marvelous time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

820 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Hebrew first
München
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

A very nice hotel with an impressive lobby. It has all relevant services: spa, pool, two nice restaurants, good breakfast and a nice view. It is a 7 minutes walk to the old city through a very, very nice shopping arcade. The staff is very friendly. Parking is a bit difficult in a very chaotic garage, which seems not to belong to the hotel.

Room Tip: You should ask for one of the renovated rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was at the Hadassah Convention in the middle of October 2012. Prior to the Convention I took a pre-tour with a group to Jordan (Visit Petra!). While in Jordan, I got sick. By the time I reached Jerusalem I knew I needed to see a doctor. On a Sunday night I asked the staff where the local hospital was. They asked what was wrong. Well, to summarize the situation: Within two hours, I had an English speaking physician come to my room. ($200USD) I had acute bronchitis. The following morning at 9am, a pharmacy delivered 5 prescribed medicines. ($150) The doctor took care of all this for me. I had completely bed rest for a while, but was soon able to participate in a few activities.
On another note: I am a big sport's fan. I saw downstairs in the lobby that they had Fox Sports on a TV. In the room, there were no sport's channels. I explained that the SF Giants were in the playoffs and I wanted to watch the games while convalescing. It took some doing on their part, but I, and all the other guests, had Fox Sports for the week of the Convention.
The room was comforable as well. Pricey, ($320USD/night) but comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Ramat Gan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in October 2012.

Our first impression was a queue for the receptionist, which was a little disappointing due to our expectations of a 5 stars hotel.

We got a non-smoking room on 11th floor without balcony and found that smoking permitted only on the ground floor.

The rooms are comfortable, with a lot of storage space and nice decorations. Not new and was not lately renovated - cracks on the bathroom tiles, ragged carpets, scratched furniture.
It was clean but not seemed enormously sanitized, the room was cleaned only once in our three days stay.

In the room were a kettle with coffee and tea-bags, a safe, hair-dryer, TV (with HDMI input), and a mini-bar that was more expensive than a room-service.

The buffet meals are very good with a huge variety of dishes of any kind, except the Sabbath meal (Friday evening) that was served by waiters asking you to choose 3 dishes from a fixed menu (which had only 5 dishes).

The location is great. Only 10 minutes walk to the Old City.
We had a lot of destinations to see, and we done it all only by walking.

There is no indoor swimming pool (and it's pretty cold in Jerusalem in October).

The staff was very kind, fluently speaking English, Hebrew, Arabic and French (and may be more languages).

Despite the cons it was good but below the expectations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I spent more than a week at the Leonardo Plaza. The room was spacious and comfortable with a nice balcony. It was easy to keep it cool in the heat. The beds -- twins -- were also quite comfortable. I was there during a huge convention of some sort and the hotel was not overwhelmed. The breakfast buffet kept up with the large group, the elevators did not get overwhelmed, and the lobby was not crowded. They also have a decent little exercise room, with a couple of treadmills, an elliptical and some other equipment. It's a nice place to go if you're working off jet lag.

I have two gripes. First, the walls seemed kind of thin, When a large group with squawking children moved in next door on my last night, it was as if they were in the room with me. I don't know if the room had been vacant all week or if it was just the children, but it was LOUD. Second, they don't really have a concierge desk that I could find. The desk staff were happy to help navigate a Hebrew website to buy a bus ticket, but a dedicated concierge would have been helpful for a number of other local travel and dining questions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Set in the heart of Jerusalem, the Leonardo Plaza is in a very convenient location for business and personal travel. Priced well with respect to the hotel level (well above average but not quite four stars) the hotel excels in its attention to the traveler's personal needs.

The guest relations manager was aware of my arrival within moments of my check in and came out to greet me and ensure that I did not have any immediate needs. I was joined by some of my family after my arrival and she also invited me to review their room prior to arrival to ensure all was well.

Breakfast is typical of Israel, very large and noisy. But if you have issues with noise Israel is not for you. The executive lounge is convenient and easy to use with access to computers, printers and light snacks. In addition, personal internet access is available if you travel with a laptop as I do.

The only spotty element of my stay was housekeeping. The room was clean and turn down was nice each evening. Small things were inconsistent. Some days I received fresh wash clothes, and bottled water, others I did not. But if the worst comment you can make about a hotel is that they did not always provide you with washclothes things must be pretty good.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, stay away from the elevators which bing when they arrive.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Gibraltar, null, Gibraltar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Loved the breakfast,the service the short walk to the old city but I think that the best part was the shopping in the shopping area in the actual hotel.my favourite shop was Madeleine's gallery.the breakfasts were absolutely divine.the staff were friendly and helpful. loved.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem? Share your experiences!