“Had a great stay @ Leonardo Jerusalem Plaza” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem

Save Saved
You added Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem to your Saves list
Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   47 King George Street, Jerusalem 91076, Israel (Down Town West Jerusalem)   |
Ranked #8 of 87 hotels in Jerusalem
Brooklyn, New York
“Had a great stay @ Leonardo Jerusalem Plaza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for two days and had a most enjoyable time. I was greeted immediately by the porter, checked in quickly and went off shopping while the porter delivered my baggage to the room. I recommend this hotel. GREAT location!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

987 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Hebrew first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Recently stayed with a very large group. The service was terrific and Food was very good. I really enjoyed my stay We stayed here for two nights in early May. The room was spacious and comfortable and. well appointed.had a great view of the old city - ask for upgrade in high floor old city view. I would stay here again on another trip.
.You can walk to the old city. breakfast buffet is unbelievable - great 5 star hotel (-:

Room Tip: high floor - old city view - amazing
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Jerusalem, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I didn't find any hotel in Tel Aviv last tuesday 15th, so I had to drive until Jersualem. I arrived at 12:30 am and it was only two persons in the line to be attended by the staff in the reception. I had to wait 45 mins! To be attended and I was so tired to look for another hotel at that time. Finally the guy in the desk attended to me in a very slow attitude, in fact, I ask him if it was a problem with the system because it took about 10 minutes to get my room key. Finally when I ask him for the parking, he told me that I had to pay 15 scheckels. I gave him 20 and he say nothing, the I inquire him about the change, and he said "I know I owe you 5"... (it's only usd 2), but It's a very unconfortable detail. When I checked out next day, the guy in the desk told me "that's not my problem".

About the room It was smelly (i don't know what kind of cleaner you use because is the same nasty smell in the Leonardo Bat Yam in Tel Aviv). The tv cables where unplugged, the fridge has not a tray in the middle, and the telephone was absolutely dirty. It has mood on it! Anyway, I needed a place to sleep... And the bed was ok...

Very nice breakfast.... That's it...

Room Tip: Don't take the 353 room...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Lewisville, Nc 27023
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Our experience here was very good and their service was helpful.When I became ill, they had a doctor sent to the room and he had the pharmacy deliver the medications needed. The dining room was nice and kindly brought my meals to the room until I could eat downstairs. The pool isn't great, but it is a plus to have one in Jerusalem.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Laguna, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

The most excellent Accommodations, staff, food, views in all of the hotels we stayed during our planned trip of Israel. Even fresh cut in front of you salad and vegetables (a new excellent idea), and a great spa and pool. In addition we even checked out of another booked hotel after spending one night there frantically back to Leonardo Plaza, our home away from home. And the most gracious general manager welcomed us back and although they were so busy, found us a similar room as the one we had stayed in and liked. Thank you everyone for making our stay memorable!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Elizabeth, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

The Leonardo hotel and guest room were clean and beautiful. The hotel front desk manager was very helpful. A deliciously outstanding buffet breakfast was included in our stay. The location was great for walking to both the Ben Yehuda area and the old city.

Room Tip: The new city view was great. The king bed room was a great size for 2 people - enough space for sle...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
irvine, ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

This hotel is to be avoided at all costs:
1. The hotel stinks of cleaning fluid. It's so intense, you can smell it from 50 yards outside of the hotel.
2. The reception staff is amazingly unhelpful. I needed a shoemaker. The man behind the desk said he didn't know where one was and when I asked him to find one, he said he couldn't. I guess he didn't have access to telephone book or the internet.
3. There are plenty of tables in the breakfast room, but they aren't set, so good luck finding someplace to sit. On the other hand, you can listen to the staff yelling at each other. The only exception was the lady making the omlets, who was efficient and pleasant.
4. The room came with robes and slippers, but only after we asked for them. One day, however, they were removed, never to be returned.
5. One day the hotel kindly left cookies and apples in our room, except that they were covered with ants.
6. There was a deck outside our room, which we couldn't access. Others could walk out there, however, and look into our windows if they so chose.
7. Our room needed upgrading.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
FattalM, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Dear guest,
We have read with deep concern the comments you recently sent to Trip Advisor regarding your stay at our hotel.
We would like you to know that we take these issues you have mentioned ,extremely seriously and have already taken steps with the relevant departments to correct & improve our services.
We welcome our guests' comments and believe that we can turn the negatives into positives so that our future guests will benefit. We hope you will be one of these guests.
Best regards,
Hedva Sela

Been to Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem? Share your experiences!