I am a picky shopper with my hotels and sometimes will pay three star and sometimes 5+ depending on where I am. Three people had recommended the King David as the only place to stay in Jerusalem so we decided to pony up the $$$ and go ahead. Great choice!
When we arrived, they had our bags organized in 3 minutes. Check in was friendly and effortless. We had booked old city top floor rooms, newly renovated, and they were beautiful. We had one communal suite and this was also lovely with the same sweeping views over Jerusalem old town. Comfy beds, a little living room area, and a lovely bathroom with great water pressure! Baggage came up in 5 minutes with a complimentary glass of wine. Everyone smiled and everyone was friendly.
The hotel is old world and has a wonderful feeling of such. It breathes history if you will. We enjoyed having evening cocktails in the bars and relaxing in the lobby. Just walking around the hotel and looking at photos etc was a fun experience.
Breakfast was VAST.....however only milk based as the hotel is kosher. I counted over 12 kinds of cheese and many dried fruits, omelettes and delicious fruit shakes. So much to choose from I was at a loss. All Delicious and fresh and service was excellent.
This hotel has a feeling about it, a warmth and kindness that pervades. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and do not hesitate to recommend it to everyone as the ONLY place to say when visiting. It is pricey but for our trip, was worth every penny.
Safe travels to all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The King David Jerusalem Hotel is the Israel's most famous hotel stands majestic, overlooking the Old City of Jerusalem. This landmark hotel is steeped in history and is the preferred choice of world leaders and celebrities alike. This regal and outstanding member of The Leading Hotels of the World, is superbly located within walking distance from both the major historic sites of the Old City, and modern Jerusalem's lively center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, T4B, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your The King David reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The King David Hotel Jerusalem
- King David Jerusalem
- King David Hotel Jerusalem