“Amazing hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 90 Hotels in Jerusalem
Jerusalem, Israel
“Amazing hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

It was really a perfect staying in crowne plaza hotel , everything was perfect , the emplyees,lobby service,room service ,the receptionists , the gym, the service , everything was totally perfect, i really felt home and in my place , if i would come back to jerusalem it would be definitley in crowne plaza hotel, i remember some of your workers muhammad fahham from the kitchen, fadi from the reception and avi from the gym , a perfect people in a perfect place , and i really appreciate your help , the hotel staff was really helpfull , and i will really advice everyone i know to come to crowne plaza hotel when they visit jerusalem.

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Maisons-Alfort, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

When we arrived on Wednesday evening, no one at the counter for checking in. After a minute I had to say hello high enough to get someone's attention. Someone came from the office, said hello and went back. He came back another minute later and stayed at a place far from Where I was and, instead of him coming to me I had to go to his place. Computer problem apparently.
I will pass through the kind of restaurant where it took an hour to get a plate of pasta. Checking out on Friday afternoon, we kept 4 luggage with the concierge. They took them out of the closet but did not make any effort to help us carry the luggage to our car.
All included, not really what you expect from a 5 star hotel.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Long Island, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Our family has been coming here for years. There have been very little improvements made in the lobby and common areas over the years, giving this place a real 70s look (which I'm sure they were not going for). To their credit, the rooms have been recently renovated. If it were not for the nice location at the gateway to the city, we would have gone to a nicer place a long time ago.

This morning, when we came down to breakfast at 9:30, we were greeted by CLOSED doors, even though they usually close at 10 AM. Apparently they had a large group, which is all fine and good, and they closed the entire dining room for this group. For those who are not familiar with Israel hotels, the Israeli Breakfast is a large buffet style meal, with many options, which a desired feature at most hotels here such as this one. When I inquired as to what was going on I was informed of the closing and told that "everyone received a notice". I most certainly informed him that we did not. I was brought to the "manager" who were offered a "nice buffet breakfast" in the lobby lounge.

When I angrily got to the lobby lounge I was greeted by a very limited menu, as opposed to a buffet. I went to the front desk, where for the first time I finally saw the notices which were allegedly were given to all the guests. After putting up a stink, I was offered a free lunch or dinner for my family. Eventually we went to the lounge for a slowly served but adequate breakfast. While we ate we surrounded by many other angry guests with similar complaints.

The hotel really dropped the ball on this one. The night before we leave the hotel they will definitely put a bill under our door, their breakfast notices should have been placed in this same fashion. Damage control and poor reviews are now the result of their poor planning. With all this in mind, we will be looking to stay somewhere else in the future.

Stayed December 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A very disappointing hotel, I found staff at the desk very unhelpful, three times I asked for something, and each time their answer was no problem we will send it up to you, which of course never arrived. The room was substandard for a superior room.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Akram K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Guest
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor in connection with your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Jerusalem and for sharing your comment as constructive comments.
On behalf of Crowne Plaza Team, I would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction during your recent stay. I hope you will not let this one stay tarnish your perception of our Hotel.
We would like to assure you that we are striving to meet and exceed all our guests’ expectations, and will always make sure to deliver a comfortable experience on your future stays, looking forward to welcome you soon at our hotel.
kind Regard!!!
Guest Relations Manager.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've recently stayed at the crowne plaza in jerusalim israel

To say the least I was extremely saddened and disappointed my the actual hotel standards, something sub-par that one would be used to for crowne plaza standards.

I would almost consider the place to a motel 6 in the states

Besides the very nice customer service the below pointers should hopefully help the hotel bring themselves up to crowne palaza standard

1. When I checked in first room it smelled like a sewer. I relight away asked room service to see if this was normal and they said they will send someone in to fix the problem. 5 min later a guy comes in with a home made looking bottle of air freshner to remove the sewer smell, as soon as he started spaying that stuff I ran out and requested another room. Wich they gave me no problem.

2. Tv was probobly 24" or 29" and all Chanel's were staticy and sound disorted, when asking the front desk if this is normal they said yes

3. When trying to turn on ac and realizing it not working I called the front desk to request it to get fixed their response was "sorry we turned off the entire buildings ac 2 weeks ago" I asked well it like 70 + degrees in my room, they replied" open a door...." I was so upset by this responce as I did have a choice to rent an apt for a cheaper price but I figured to go all out and in the apt that I recently rented before I had control if the ac.

4. I found at least 6 pieces of glass on my porch and near the porch entrance. Thankfully I found it before cutting myself.

Please only take these pointers as help to improve for the future and not plain criticism.

Stayed December 2014
Akram K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We will look into your points raised as through your comments we can improve our operation and detect the areas that need further upgrade and training, as our primary goal is to ensure that our guests are always content with the services they receive at our resort.
We are disappointed to hear you were not satisfied and we didn't meet your expectations during your stay. We truly value your comments and assure you that we take these matters seriously, and are always striving to provide the best quality of service which represents our brand.
Hopefully in the future you do allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and as such, please do not hesitate to contact us at the hotel should you decide to do so and I will do my best to ensure that you receive a truly memorable stay at Crowne Plaza Jerusalem.
Best Regard
Guest Relations Manager
Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Crowne Plaza is located high on a hill overlooking part of Jerusalem. The rooms are very comfortable and the Wifi efficient. The only word of complaint would be about the breakfast. The breakfast room is huge (has to be to cater for such a big hotel), but the coffee service can be frustrating at best. The coffee servers are going round tables like a train with a circular route and if you miss your turn you might be doomed not to get a coffee - not good for someone seeking to have a quick breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear from you. It's great to know you enjoyed your stay with us.. We hope you'll be back to stay with us soon! Have a great day and have a safe and wonderful holiday season!
Regard
Guest Relations Manager
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Warmed welcome from the hotel staff .since our arrival the bellman relized us and the front desk staff having sweet smile gave me a free upgrade.food were great the hotel completely clean and nice smell..swimming pool is olympic with nice yard surround.the hotel having free shuttle to the city.and free wifi.i recomend crowne plaza jerusalem.

• Stayed December 2014
Dear Guest
We would like, at first, to thank you for sparing the time to write this review and to share with us your experience.
We were contented to learn that you've enjoyed your stay and that our services have brought you satisfcation especially that our continuous aim is to render our guests' stays memorable.
We do hope to welcome you once again at Crowne Plaza Jerusalem and earn the chance to greet you in person.
Respectfully!!!
Guest Relations Manager.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem? Share your experiences!