“business hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #18 of 87 hotels in Jerusalem
“business hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

crowne plaza jerusalen running a lot of business close to the convention center on the enterance of the city having a loungh on the top floor staff are amazing and polite food is tasty and always busy place.the bar is the best i always had a local beer with the smily waitress

Stayed July 2014

708 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
atlantic city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed to nights at the crowne plaza jerusalem.its amazing hotel staff are very friendly rooms are renovated and classic specially the delux one.food at breakfast was giurges abd tastey.swimming piol half olympic.i recomed the hotel for everyone.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I went with mu girfriend to the crowne plaza jerusalem.we got a room on the top floor the renovated room we got a complementry fruit basket and bottle of wine.including free breakfast.the hotel is clean big and very nice .

Nevada City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I came with a group to the crowne plaza jerusalem.its a big hotel all the rooms having a balcony with different views of jerusalem the new and the old one.in the evening you can enjoy the classic beer at the genisses bar were all the guest meet and having fun.

new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

this hotel crowne plaza jerusalem having a lot of facilieties swimming pool a huge yard tennis court gym wet and dry sauna,food were perfecto and the rooms are nice so you can see the whole majic city.i like the crowne plaza see you soon.

USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We had a two-night stay in this hotel.

So, we arrived in Jerusalem at around 1 PM. It took another hour to find parking. This hotel, with 21 floors and so many rooms, has a very small parking lot AND they do NOT restrict it only to hotel customers. So it must always be awfully hard to ever find parking in a place like that (even when it is not full of conventions, etc. as it was now).

Long story short, we parked in the Congress Center lot not far from the hotel and supposedly they have "a deal" with the hotel so instead of paying 100 or so shekels for our two nights maybe we will pay half. OK.

Got to lobby around 2 PM, room not ready. That is OK, their check-in time is about 3 PM like most hotels. So we sat and people watched.

When the room was ready and we walked in, I almost had a heart attack. The room was FILTHY, there were places (like closet door slats) that looked like they had not been touched in YEARS, the television stand and drawers below were all broken, rusted and peeling and falling apart. Don't even get me started on the bathroom.... We were both appalled and aghast and immediately called the reception, took our bags and went back down there.

They found us another room, eventualy, and one of the service people took us to see it. At the beginning, it seemed to be slightly better, at least it looked a bit cleaner and so we kinda resigned ourselves to it. However, after some time it became clear that it was not all that much better than our first room. When I went to use the toilet, and then to wash hands, I saw that the sink had the stopper in it, and so took it out. So the water backed up into the sink, would not go down, AND there were some gross pink and purple stuff coming back up into the sink as well. My husband asked me what that was and I said I had no idea. I think that broke the camel's back. We went to the desk and asked to speak with the manager. After at least a 20 minute wait, the duty manager arrived. We told him how we had spent the last two - three hours in the hotel. He wanted to know about and also to see what there was in the sink in our room, but in the time we waited downstairs, the maintenance crew had cleaned up the problem. Luckily, I had taken a picture of it and so I could show the manager.

At this point since he claimed they had nothing else to give us, i,e. hotel completely booked, we told him we would be leaving the hotel, we did NOT want to stay there. The manager asked us if we would give him some time to see what he could do.

So after a few moments, the best he came up with was this :
1) we would stay in this room for the night and he would compensate us with a VIP package (which we saw later was a nice fruit plate, water and some chocolates) and
2) for the next night, he would move us to a suite, i.e. executive room.

We thought about it and in the end decided OK.

That evening, when I went to shower, I saw that the hand held portion did not work. Damn it. I like to use that so that I can shower without wetting my hair from the water streaming out from the top. So I went to get the shower cap from the vanity tray, opened it up.............and.............it is empty. Oh damn really. So I ended up having a so-so shower, trying hard also to manuever without touching the rancid shower curtain and then when I went to get the towel, it seemed soft enough albeit old and thin but had SUCH a bad and ugly smell I almost threw up. Could hardly use it to dry off.

I kid you not of all these descriptions. Really and truly.

We managed to sleep fine (amazingly) and breakfast on the firsrt morning was OK. It was like all Israeli hotel breakfasts, there was plenty to eat and lots of choices so while there were things that were good and others that were just OK, it was not a problem.

We went out in the morning for a few hours but came back around noon because the heat was quite oppressive.

Now when the manager yesterday said that we would be moved to an executive suite the following day, I ASKED HIM whether they will know about it today when he is not around. He said of course. That is background info.

So they told us at 11:45 when we returned from our morning expeditions, that it would take about an hour and they would call my phone and we should hang in the lobby. After more than one hour, we went to ask and of course "our room" was ready and they had NOT called my phone, BUT it was NOT the suite. BECAUSE THEY DID NOT KNOW ABOUT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO we waited ANOTHER hour and at 14:15 we finally went to the new room. It is on the top floor, it is a two room executive suite, it looks fine and nice, the a/c works well. The bathroom is still iffy and not at all different from the regular room we had before. The suite had 2 large rooms -one a bedroom and the other a living room. I would be hard pressed to call them though anything fancy and "executive".

There is a lounge here which I thought we would be able to use, being on this floor, but it turns out that no they would not give us that additional perk. BUT we received another VIP tray as the night before.

Breakfast the following morning was not very good at all, the same foods we had the day before and were decent were either too salty or not tasty.

We packed up right after breakfast and left early.

This is a hotel that needs to really have top management take a hard look at housekeeping and maintenance. Too bad that one has to have such an experience. But since the hotel seems to be fully booked more often than not, I doubt that anyone really cares.

Yes I can say that the hotel manager DID do his best to correct whatever faults and offences we encountered in the hotel rooms, etc. But a hotel of this caliber and with such a famous international name behind it, should not under any circumstances offer clients such rooms and service to begin with.

As for the wonderful top-notch reviews of this hotel on this site, and the huge difference between mine and others who have also given very bad reviews, I can only guess that many of them may not be entirely true and they may even be fabricated. I have always written on this site and used it when looking for hotels, I now will think twice.........

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Flame123,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience the room condition and the level of service you received may have caused you. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your stay.

Again, thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My third time at the Crowne Plaza. Great hotel, not the best location but there is a shuttle service to the old city, a great solution. Thee breakfast buffet was fantastic, a lot to choose from.
Try to get a higher floor, lovely view of Jerusalem is a great bonus.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem? Share your experiences!