“Mimi is a wonderfull guide” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 127 Activities in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Owner description: My name is Mimi Oppenheimer. I am a certified tour guide to Israel, carrying a license from the Israeli Ministry of Tourism. I enthusiastically practice private tour guides in Israel for more then 12 years in English and German.Please read more on my website.
Ottawa, Canada
“Mimi is a wonderfull guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I decided to get in contact with Mimi by internet after reading the comments on trip advisor. I got in touch with her by internet send her my requests and exchanged our comments. Our trip was made in June 2014.

My husband and I are from Ottawa Canada, we are French but we can speak also English, so we decided to take her for our guide. We arrive first in Tel Aviv, she meet us at our hotel and give us the information for our next flight the day after for Eilat. She had already bought our tickets for us to Eilat with Arkia airline , which I could not had done from Ottawa. The departure was from Sde Dov airport in the center of Tel Aviv.

We left for 4 days in Eilat, had a private tour in Petra and came back to Tel Aviv. Mimi was waiting for us at the airport and the tour began.

We stay 8 days with her, visited Tel Aviv, Jerusalem , Massada (went to the opera in Massada), went to the Dead Sea, the Upper Galilee, the Goland Hights and saw all the religious sites that has to be seen.

My husband and I read O Jerusalem! twice, and we wanted to go in Latrum and go trough the small passage of Bab al-Oued where the convoys were attacked in 1948. The feeling you have there is something...Mimi complied with our demand and brought us also in the mountains where we could have a very nice view of the area and take nice pictures.

We asked to see the wall between Israel and the Palestinian territories , we asked to go near the border of Syria in the Golan Heights and Lebanon, she drove us there and cared very much for our saffety. We always fell safe with her.

She is a very good driver, have a nice Van, very comfortable. We learned a lot with her and will never forget her nice smile, her good attitude, her willingness to please us.

I am recommending her to anyone who wants to go in Israel.

Claire

knows a lot about what we are visiting,

Visited June 2014

Portland, Oregon
“Mimi's knowledge,enthusiasm and guiding skills continues to grow.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This was the 5th time in in the last 5 years we have had Mimi guide us for the day:
1. Dead Sea region.
2. Two different times in Jerusalem
3. Two different times in Northern Israel.
We just finished a day with Mimi in the Golan heights, the places we went to this trip were new and fresh to us. Yes, she does an A+ job describing the information around various location, but the real value of your time with her is her insights and knowledge as we talk throughout the day about historical to contemporary issues.
Not using Mimi as your guide is not an option.
Side note: (We we have traveled with four in her car, her voice projects equally well in the front and back seat.)
Mimi is delightful, enthusiastic, sincere person that will be the highlight of your trip. .
Brad Pease Portland, Oregon

Visited June 2014
New York, NY
“Unparalleled knowledge of Israel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

After having the good fortune of a week in Israel with Mimi, I now see that her universal five-star ratings are most certainly justified.

We were a family of 6 adults seeking a customized tour of the major sites in Jerusalem and the North. We did not want to do a package tour or something off-the-shelf, but instead to determine what makes the most sense based on our family's own interests -- including Jewish, Christian, and non-religious sites.

From the moment we first made contact, I knew that Mimi would be a great fit for our family. For weeks leading up to our arrival, she was exceptional in crafting the itinerary, helping us assess the best options, and revising the itinerary with us multiple times based on feedback. She was very thorough and patient in this process.

Once we reached Israel, our expectations most certainly were exceeded. Mimi has an amazing knowledge of just about anything you can imagine -- not only the sites but also contemporary Israeli society and religious history. Her English is flawless. She gave outstanding tours of each stop on our agenda, and she took us to many places we never would have found in a guidebook or on our own (including a very cool "dude ranch" restaurant in the North, a fantastic winery, an amazing little restaurant in the Arab quarter of Old City Jerusalem, many look-out vantage points along the drive, etc.). And she proved very adaptable and resilient -- there will be things that come up unexpectedly in Israel (in our case, some road closures and festivals) and she knows how to maneuver around them. I happened to break my foot at the beginning of the trip, and she adapted the trip so that I could participate, helped me to find a wheelchair to rent when needed, etc.

In short, our family would give Mimi the highest recommendation. We were grateful to have found her and to have been under her care -- she made everything so seamless and ensured our time was well-spent. We also enjoyed getting to know her on a personal level.

Visited May 2014
San Mateo
6 attraction reviews
“A perfect day with Mimi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

My wife and I hired the tour services of Mimi on May 7th, for a full day of visiting Masada and The Dead Sea areas. As other travelers have said before us, Mimi was the perfect guide. She picked us up from our hotel on time, and we were off to Masada. After a quick lunch, we were off to The Dead Sea. Mimi picked Mineral Beach as the area for us to experience this lowest place on earth. It did cost us a little more than other areas, but for us, it was the best option, and we thank Mimi for suggesting it to us. We would not hesitate to recommend her to people who want a great tour. Thank you again Mimi!

Visited May 2014
Houston, Texas
“A delightful cheerleader for the State of Israel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Not wanting to be tied to just another standard group bus tour, my wife and I recently engaged Mimi Oppenheimer to put together a customized, one week private tour for us. We found Mimi to be delightful. The 6 day itinerary Mimi proposed from Acre(Akko) to the Negev desert was extensive, but she was also flexible enough to" go with the flow" when circumstances required. She knew the popular sights as well as the more obscure. As Mimi introduced us to the many antiquities Israel has to offer, she always took pains to point out and explain the nuances in the similarities and differences we were observing. As our journey progressed however, Mimi also showed us the best places to find a great cup of coffee, clean restrooms along the way and good places to eat - be it fast food falafel, a good sandwich or a gourmet dinner.

Mimi knew where to stay overnight be it a modest kibbutz or some place with more stars in their reputation. Mimi knew her way around the highways, the back-roads and the detours. She seemed to have an encyclopedic familiarity with the different kind of plants, birds and animals we encountered and she was tolerant of our incessant requests to take advantage of photo opportunities. Mimi also knew where to find obligatory souvenirs as well as where to find a fair deal on special gifts to bring back for special people.

Language was never a problem with multi-lingual Mimi and you could ask her about anything. While she was never shy about expressing her opinions or poking fun at politicians, Mimi at the same time was also a proud cheerleader for the State of Israel and her way of life. I whole heartedly recommend Mimi to you if you are considering a private tour of Israel.

Visited March 2014