“Delightful (Kosher) seafood along side typical Jerusalem/Israeli cousine” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gabriela

Gabriela
5 Shimon Ben Shatah Street, Jerusalem, Israel (Down Town West Jerusalem)
02-6246261
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #183 of 474 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Down Town West Jerusalem
Jerusalem, Israel
“Delightful (Kosher) seafood along side typical Jerusalem/Israeli cousine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Gabriela is located in the heart of the old Nachlat-Shiva district - all full with restaurants, caffe's and beautiful art galleries. The restaurant itself provides comfortable seating with old-type decor. We had tried several of the fish dishes - and they were all excellent and original - combining basic good cooking of fish, with Israeli/Jerusalem style inspired dressings and tops. Wine selection was somewhat limited but still a good match to selection of dishes. Main courses were large and rich.
Overall - a very good experience

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Beit Shemesh, Israel
“Good food, lousy attitude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I made a reservation for a small group at Gabriela with a fixed price dinner. At the last minute, two members of our party cancelled and I explained this to our waitress as soon as we arrived. We had our meal, which consisted of a selection of first courses shared by everyone, and then individual main courses. The food was tasty and the setting pleasant. However, I was shocked when the bill arrived to discover that I had been charged for two meals that were never served. When I complained, the manger argued with me, stating that I had made reservations for more people. After a great deal of unpleasantness, he removed the extra main courses from the bill, but insisted that we had been served first courses for a larger party, and needed to pay for them. He then added that the tip which we had left was insufficient!
This was one of the most unpleasant experiences I have ever had in a restaurant. I should add that I have had the experience of members of a group not showing up at the last minute in the past, and the restaurant has always responded by simply removing the extra place settings.
The manger might have made an extra 300 shekels, but he lost a lot of future business with his unpleasant attitude.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jerusalem, Israel
“Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Clean restaurant, efficient service, was there several times for breakfast, nothing special, however.

Visited March 2013
Jerusalem, Yerushalayim, Israel
“an exceptional dairy retauranin Jerusalem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is an exceptional restaurant. It has some unusual items on the menu, such as
Spinach pancakes, figs stuffed with goat's cheese in red wine sauce.
There is an interesting fish menu including Buri and trout--prepared beautifully
Additionally--pizza,pastas and good sandwiches..
Wonderful home-baked pitta bread.
This restaurant is located a short distance away from the light rail{city hall station)
This restaurant is open from 8.00 A.M. until 1.00 A.M.
The service is exceptional.

• Visited May 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Not Pleasant or Enjoyable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My family and I had a late night light dinner at Gabriella. The food wasn't bad but the server was overly aggressive and kept pushing more expensive options. We ordered a bottle of medium priced Israely wine and she tried to push us toward a wine nearly twice the price. My son ordered a dish and she told him that it was not enough foodd and he should order something else. To be fair, the food was fine and the atmosphere decent. We ate outside and it should have been a pleasant meal. It is not fun being harassed by the wait staff.

• Visited May 2013