“Paradiso is PARADISE!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Walnut Creek
“Paradiso is PARADISE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The food reminded me of the best Northern California cuisine - fresh ingredients, inspired spicing and flavors, superb presentation. We had succulent salmon on black risotto, goose leg on roasted root vegetables, the best bruschetta I have ever had (and much more). And the house-made desserts are set right out on the counter and are spectacular. Service excellent. And the best bread I had anywhere in Israel -- none of those tired pitas.

Visited April 2013

North Vancouver, Canada
“Adult menu....but good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

To be fair to the Paradiso.....one of our teenagers and my husband had a big fight moments before we entered the restaurant. It takes away from the experience when the table is so quiet...and brooding.

We had a nice bottle of wine (believe me...we needed it ) and the bruschetta to start. The serving was interesting, but really tasty. There was fresh warm bread as well....the tomatoes on top were great. It was quite a large appetizer.

We had eaten a large lunch that day, so I had the mozzorella salad for my main course. It was good...not as good as the appetizer, but good. My daughter had the chicken gratin and didn't eat most of it, so I had some of that. It was a bit overdone and quite crusty. Not my favorite.

The downside for our family (other than the fight) was that the kids had trouble finding things on the menu that appealed to them. They are not burgers only children, but the menu is quite "adult". It has ox tail, goose leg, Ossobucco, and other things that seem to fit more of an adult palate.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City
“Excellent service, accomodating and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Cafe Paradiso was recommended by the owner of the tour company we booked with.Since, everything he suggested was spot on, we checked it out and was very pleased with the service. I have some food restrictions so I needed to make several requests.The waitress was terrific, she checked with the cook and also made suggestions of her own. I enjoyed a deliciously prepared fish diner and could not have possibly eaten desert. My husband had a pasta dish that and our friend order two appetizers.We also shared a salad. They were both very pleased with their meal and the wine. The restaurant was crowded and still the service was excellent. They also serve pizza.
We found the food a good value and had an enjoyable evening.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stratford, Connecticut
“Excellent food and abundant servings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We arrived from a very long trip tired and hungry but Shabbat was not yet over. We were happy to find the Cafe and were not disappointed. We both enjoyed our meals, but wow, we're they big! I had the Israeli salad and chicken livers. It Ian's enough for 3 meals. I took home my leftovers and indeed ate them twice more.

Jerusalem, Israel
“Good, stable, reliable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

You can be almost sure (never 100% in anything), that every time it will be good service, good food, nice atmosphere, a bit noisy and the bread crust will be impossible to break.
One of the reasons to go there is the polenta, the other is the fact that it is not kosher and then open weekends.
They have also the very good draft beer by Dancing Camel.
Centrally located, generally easy street parking around.

• Visited September 2012