“Personalized, historic and fun guide to Israel - Danny is the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Danny the Digger

Danny the Digger
Jerusalem, Israel (Givat Ram)
+972-54-6040200
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 127 Activities in Jerusalem
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Personalized, historic and fun guide to Israel - Danny is the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Danny Herman (aka Danny the Digger) gave our family a truly unique trip to Israel. We are a reform-Jewish family with a mixed knowledge of Israeli and Jewish history, but a love of nature, exploring and the outdoors. Danny was able to tailor the tour to best meet our interest and needs and most importantly, keep the kids excited and interested - no small feat! I also appreciated that we were able to experience the diversity of Israeli culture - both the Jewish and Arabic sides. And of course, he also knows the best places to eat, which was a big plus - because on your own you'd be wandering around aimlessly staring at your map in search of the best lamb schwarma. Thankfully Danny knows where the hidden secrets are, and the stories behind them. I highly recommend him for families and I hear he's also really good with business tours as well.

Stamford
“Top notch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Toured Jerusalem with Danny yesterday afternoon. Can't imagine any better way to visit the city than with Danny as a guide. History, archaeology and fun, all in one.

Visited July 2013
Teaneck, New Jersey
“Best tour guide!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Danny was the tour guide for our family of 11 for 8 days. He exceeded all our expectations!! He guided us through Jerusalem, the Galilee and tel Aviv. He made every day an exciting and fun adventure. He was patient, flexible and accommodating, especially with 5 kids who wanted to explore every cave in Israel and eat shwarma every day. Regardless of whether it is your first time to Israel or whether you have visited many times, Danny will find places you have never seen and take you there. And then he will teach you all the history about the area. Danny helped my family especially my children make memories that willl last a lifetime. He is simply the best!

Fort Worth, Texas
“Second Time Around with Danny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

As an Archaeologist, I wanted a personalized tour to sites with a specific historical and archaeological agenda. Since Danny Herman's background is in archaeology (indeed he also currently teaches several classes) he was a perfect match for me. The first time I used him was several years ago with my college aged daughter and he's continued to remain enthusiastic, professional, and the perfect guide for my interests. I highly recommend Danny for small groups that desire an educated tour with all the nuances of history and archaeology.

texas
“Great guide . . . great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I had only heard of Danny by reputation. My wife and daughter had used him several years ago but I did not meet him until last week. I spent one day with him in Jerusalem and one day in Masada and points south. Having been on many tours in Egypt and Jordan, I have a pretty good sense when it come to tour guides who both know their subject matter and are good at communicating the details. Danny excelled at both, and with a passion that was infectious. For small groups or families who want a personal experience, I couldn't give a higher recommendation.