“I would never darken the door of this place again” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“I would never darken the door of this place again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My wife and I had dinner there this week. It is a nice restuarant, if pricey, and the food was nice and the service was good.

However, I always give a tip in cash when I pay by credit card. I did so on this ocassion as thw waiter was particularly good, However, the manager/proprietor/Katy(?) took the signed cc chitty along with the tip meant for the waiter. My wife noticed her as she walked away taking the cash out and stuffing it in her blouse. I went up and asked the waiter if he would getthe tip and he smiled at me - not the sort of smile to suggest that he would. I then asked her if he would get it and I was very brusquely brushed aside.

A very nasty taste at the end of a nice meal from on of the most unpleasant women I have met ina long time.

Go somewhere else where you can be sure the waiter will get the tip. There are plenty nice restuarants in the area, and elsewhere the waiters do get their tips.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Parkland, Florida
“Highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Was given this name by our hotel and it was terrific. The owner sat down with us and helped us choose our meal. Everything was delicious and she did not steer us wrong! Everyone was tasting each others food and we had such a variety of dishes from soup to fish, steak, duck and veal. Unfortunately had no room for dessert!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Absolutely delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I've been eating in some of the finer restaurants in Jerusalem and Katy's definitely stands out in the crowd. The food is exceptionally delicious and the atmosphere is very comfortable.
It is definitely not a cheap restaurant but worth the price.

• Visited August 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Do what she says! :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My friend and I have traveled together to Jerusalem twice; both times we have eaten at Katy's: the first time because of the reputation; the second time because of the wonderful meal we had the first time! (It's also open on Friday evenings.) Both times we have been on a budget. Both times we have been treated nonetheless with open-hearted generosity and little extras. This last trip (13 July 2012), I ordered the filet without sauce and Katy said "No. Get the sauce." I didn't argue. It was delicious. We felt we didn't have enough money to order a starter, and so we didn't. Katy said "you need a salad" and sent one to our table (we were not charged). I'm sure we needed the vegetables! So when the waiter asked us about wine, we just said "Oh, better ask Katy." The wine she picked went perfectly with our meal. WE LOVE THIS PLACE and plan always to dine at Katy's when we are in Jerusalem; Katy and her staff treat strangers like family. But remember: do what Katy says. She knows best!

• Visited July 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Best Restaurant in Jerusalem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

If you want a break from middle eastern cuisine, this is the place. a true gem. Pricey, but worth it. you will feel like a guest in katy's home as she brings dish after dish of delectable food. if nothing else, have the crepes -- to die for.

• Visited July 2012