“A lovely little hotel in a quiet neighborhood” 4 of 5 stars

Eden Jerusalem Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Giladi, Jerusalem 93385, Israel   |
Ranked #21 of 90 Hotels in Jerusalem
Haifa, Israel
“A lovely little hotel in a quiet neighborhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My family and I recently spent the night in two rooms at this hotel so we would be on time for an early morning meeting the following day. All of the staff was pleasant and helpful. At the front dest I asked for directions and the gentleman printed up a map for me. The breakfast room and cleaning women were attentive to our young children and seemed happy to be working there. The breakfast was quite basic but the salads were fresh and tasty. Although breakfast ends at 9:30, we returned from our meeting close to 10 A.M. and were able to have a full breakfast. The rooms were clean and I personally enjoyed the quiet neighborhood and the ability to park on the street close to the hotel for free.
If you're not into the noise and commotion of a large hotel, I recommend the Eden Jerusalem in the residential neighborhoood of Talpiot/Arnona

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Haifa, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This Friday my spouse and I stayed at Eden Jerusalem Hotel for overnight after spending the evening at a Jewish religious wedding at Bait VeGan. The hotel was a real refuge after noisy Klezmer music and fervent dance of young yeshiva buchers. The location of the hotel is in a still neighborhood of Talpiot. The place is great and promising. The disappointment was therefore much bitter. The impression of the room - maintenance negligence, but clean.
The biggest disappointment was the breakfast. The dinning room was almost empty except one young traveler with a Russian accent and two members of the personnel, preoccupied with eating the breakfast. On all tables were leftovers from previous guests so we asked the young traveler if we may join her table. I was reluctant in disturbing the eating waitresses, so we tried to arrange the breakfast by ourself. After the waitresses finished their meal, it was our turn to get their attention. The selection of the food was mediocre and limited in quantities, not worthy to write details about it.

Room Tip: If you can skip the breakfast, the place is OK.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
worcester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Staying 5 nights at the Eden hotel made our stay in Jerusalem so relaxed and comfortable. Difficult to think of anything negative. Breakfast was good but basic and after a few days got a bit samey but good choice of coffees.Absolute ideal for a couple or a family we were made to feel so 'at home' Lovely quiet area and within easy walking distance of eating places in the evening down Beit Lehem street,,,we found a lovely small place called Itzak's serving good value freshly cooked vegetarian food..
Staff were very knowledgeable and helpful . Buses run regularly to the old city and we found the local people really good at offering their help if needed.

Room Tip: Some rooms on the front have lovely curved balconies....
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is a older style hotel - providing excellent value for money. We had a 2 room suite - a ounge and a bedroom plus a balcony.
The renovations are somewhat sloppy - but easy to overlook given the comfort of the rooms.

Room Tip: Great value for money - a suburban hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Stavanger, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Once again we have been blessed with a journey in Israel and of course we stay at Eden Hotel. We have forgotten ho many times we have stayed there and that means we are very satisfied!! As I already have written; Line and her staff has been like a family to us!

We were 8 adults and 4 children from 1-11years old. The kitchen was renovated since last stay (March 2012) and the breakfast was better than ever!!

We recommend Eden to all our friends and we will for sure come back!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here 1 night and the service was exceptional. At the reception the lady kindly helped with booking taxi from Jerusalem to Amman, gave a me a detailed guide of the city for the day.

I chose the place because I wanted to take some panoramic shots ok Jerusalem in the evening. 2 mins from the hotel there is a tree lined promenade that has views of the entire city and is beautiful to see in the evening when you come back from a full day walking around.

The rooms are basic but cover essentials perfectly, and are clean. Price is very good for what you are getting.

Again service was above expectations.. The place is far from the centre.. I walked and it took approx 40 mins. I'm 23 so this wasn't a big problem but if you have a family etc this may not be the ideal place because of that.

Great stay and definetely recommend this hotel to anyone that can put aside its only drawback of location, and enjoy the great price for a gem of a hotel.

Happy travelling!

• Stayed September 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I can’t say enough good things about the Eden Jerusalem Hotel…this place is a real gem!

First, the room rate was extremely reasonable; especially if you consider that it included a very nice buffet breakfast. The food was fresh and tasty, and there were plenty of choices.

Equally important to me was the fact that the entire hotel, including my room, was extremely clean. Also, it is located in a quiet residential neighborhood, so you get a real sense of how Jerusalemites live when you stay there.

However, the absolutely best thing this hotel has going for it are the owners and staff. Lynn and Yuval are the owners, and they truly are delightful people. Both are bright (Yuval is also an attorney), and I had some wonderful conversations with them about life in Israel, the country’s external challenges and so forth.

Ditto for the front-desk staff: Shai-Li (the owners’ daughter), Ruth, Polly and Inbar. All of them were friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable about the area.

I should note one more thing: This is a gay-friendly establishment. When I mentioned in passing to the owners that I’m gay, they didn’t bat an eyelash. I could tell from getting to know them that they are quite comfortable around gay people.

To sum up, I heartily recommend this hotel to anyone spending time in Jerusalem. (I stayed there for 10 days.) I’m sure you will enjoy your visit.

Lenny

Room Tip: As far as I could tell, all of the rooms were acceptable.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Eden Jerusalem Hotel? Share your experiences!