“Nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Leonardo Hotel Jerusalem

You added Leonardo Hotel Jerusalem to your Saves list
Leonardo Hotel Jerusalem
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9 Saint George Street | Jerusalem, Jerusalem 97200, Israel   |
Ranked #9 of 92 Hotels in Jerusalem
Parque Holandes, Spain
“Nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I defently think it is nice hotel.we stayed for number of nights and we enjoyed every minute of it the hotel spacious and welcoming the lobby is woooow.the food is to delicious. We want to recommended to all.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This hotel is run by the rudest, most unhelpful hotel staff I have ever witnessed. Inefficiency and ignorance do not do the staff here justice. The hotel is of a poor standard in general with the pool area being particularly rough. The rooms have been refurbished but really done on the cheap with unfilled holes in the walls, blocked sinks and baths and no plugs for the wash basin or bath.

The sabbath or 'Shabbat' is on a Friday but I warn you don't try to get hot food from the bar on a Thursday evening after 6.30 because Shabbat starts here the evening before. We tried to get some hot food at around 6.35 and were told that there was no food after 7.00pm??? We said that it was only 6.35 and were told that the cooker couldn't be hot after 7.00pm so it needed to be switched off. Talk about being prepared. We had to then go to the main restaurant where the buffet is very expensive but this was okay to have hot food as it had been prepared before the day before Shabbat! Crazy....

This hotel forces the Jewish faith onto others, wrong.

The whole sorry visit was topped off when we checked out and were about to leave the hotel when my wife and I were barged aside in a doorway by a member of staff with a black bin liner.

I've read all the great reviews on is hotel and have to come to the conclusion that they're written by ringers who work for the hotel group or people who are used to staying in hostels!

Do yourself a favour and do not book this hotel. It's a 2 star at best and is in a no man's land.

Room Tip: Don't book
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Fattal_Hotel_Chain, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Hotel Jerusalem, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Guest,
I was very disappointed and saddened to have read your review on Tripadvisor. I would like to send my sincere apologies for your unpleasant visit. However, I would like to address some of your concerns that you have bought to my attention. In regards to the unavailability of food from the bar prior to Shabbat, I must inform you that I have no say in when the burners are shut off. It is a mandatory rule for all hotels throughout Jerusalem for the burners to be switched off at a certain time, set by strict Rabbinical's who oversee the kosher standards of the hotel. While on the topic of the religious standards of our hotel, I must address that we under no circumstance force Judaism or any religion unto any one of our guests. While we do have regulations that are in accordance to the Jewish religion, we do not expect our guests to follow them. Each guest is in liberty to enjoy their stay as they wish. Nevertheless, I apologize that you have felt that way. In addition, it is very falsified to believe that other than our guest write the reviews on Tripadvisor. . Therefore, only guests are able to write the reviews and the only ones who have been writing the reviews.
Once again, I would like to send my apologies for the way in which you have concluded your visit. I would very much like and enjoy to have you return and stay at our hotel, as I am to do all I can to improve the quality of our hotel.
I will be happy to host you and your family again please feel free to contact me.
Yael Hazan
New york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

If you want to visit jerusalem leonardo jerusalem is the hotel to stay and to enjoy your visit.we arrive to the hotel and got a nice room on the 8th floor what s view of east jerusalem we had our meals at the hotel and it was yummy we want the whole world to know that this is the place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The hotel itself was fine. We enjoyed many aspects of the hotel, including the top notch breakfast and dinner buffet, the swimming pool, and the proximity to the Old City and the light rail. Our room was relatively clean, with tile and hardwood floors, which always makes me feel better. The thing that turned me off was an obvious white stain on the blue couch.

Two downsides of the hotels are:
1) They hand out slips of paper with a wifi password that only works for 1 hour. They also limit you to 1 hour of wifi per day. None of the hotels we stayed at in the rest of Israel had this policy, even other Leonardo hotels. For some reason, if you have an Android, you can access Google services (Gmail, Maps) in the lobby without the password, but none of the other sites are accessible.
2) One of the managers offered our group extra wifi time in return for a tripadvisor review. We turned it down because that seemed rather shady. Maybe something to consider if you see a lot of glowing reviews.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Chico, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Our group of 4 stayed at the hotel as a part of a tour group. The hotel has been remodeled and is comfortable, welcoming, and clean. We enjoyed the meals provided for breakfast and dinner and the staff are helpful and friendly. They offer free long-distance phone calls to any country, but free wifi in 1 hour increments only and you must ask for the code. It is within walking distance of the Damascus Gate of the Old City and public transportation is nearby. I would highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Tel Aviv District, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was splendid. I enjoyed my stay very much. This isnt our first time here and we love it everytime we come here . The service was very well and there is a big variety of food which made dinner even better!the food was great

• Stayed May 2014
Clifton Park, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

One of a row of 3 huge tourist hotels -- the kind with big buses always waiting their turn at the entrance -- on a small street near the edge of the Arab section of Jerusalem, and I liked this one better than its neighbor, the Grand Court. Excellent, bountiful Israeli breakfast -- if you don't know what that means, combine the best breakfast buffet you've ever visited with a lunch buffet/salad bar (fresh fruits and veggies, several different kinds of fish, vats of yogurts and hummuses) -- and if you order a meal in the lobby bar, it comes very fresh from the dinner buffet, so even if you order the same menu item several times, it will have variations depending on what's on offer downstairs. Has an outdoor pool, spacious lobby areas, and its own synagogue. Access to Jerusalem's light rail line and excellent city bus service is within very close walking distance, and once you get your bearings, the Damascus Gate to the Old City is easy to reach on foot. Hallways on the sleeping-room floors are pretty shabby, but the rooms themselves are large and comfortable. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Outside noise can be a problem if your room is on a lower floor and facing the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Leonardo Hotel Jerusalem? Share your experiences!