“Terrible , dont believe what they say on their site !!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Leonardo Hotel Jerusalem

You added Leonardo Hotel Jerusalem to your Saves list
Leonardo Hotel Jerusalem
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9 Saint George Street | Jerusalem, Jerusalem 97200, Israel   |
Ranked #9 of 90 Hotels in Jerusalem
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Terrible , dont believe what they say on their site !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed there , first of all , in the check-in nobody pay atention to you , also on the site i made my reservation they said one price, and when i got there , the price was diferent and nobody care about that. After they treated me so bad on the loby , i went up to my roon ( i asked them one double bed and they called me to confirm that was OK ) my roon had 2 singles bed ... but i didnt wanted to fight again so i didnt said anything.
There was no towels on the room !!! so i called and they told me they will send , but after 30 minutes nothing.. i called again and she told me in a very bad tone , that i have to wait.. may be for one more hour to get a towel !!! i wanted to take shower and go down to have dinner,, instead i waited..after one hour they gave me one towel... i dont think this is a service for a 4 star hotel ,. im never coming back to Leonardo Hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Jerusalem, Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

we stayed for one night at this hotel and we recommend you not to go here. the service was horrible and insulting. the counter man at the reception was very rude and not willing to help. two and a half hours (!!) after check in time, the room wasn't ready and we had to wait for some time before getting our room (without any compensation of course).
even after getting the room, it was not ready - no towels, no soap, not clean (the review paper of the guests before us was still there...). the food and coffee at the lobby was not fresh. the shower head was broken.
the elevators worked very slow and the doors often closed on people.

Room Tip: just choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
FattalM, General Manager at Leonardo Hotel Jerusalem, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear guest,
As all other Leonardo Hotels we are obligated to provide a high level of service and standards as we do now.
With regard to issues you mention on your review, we apologize again and we are sure that it was a singular mistake as you can see from other guest’s reviews.
I would like to reassure you that we always strive to deliver a first class product and an extraordinary service and a feedback as yours allows us to improve on that.

Yours sincerely
Lior Gabay
Riga
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel, in a strip of hotels out of easy walking distance from the old city, was probably an excellent pick in it's day, but the facilities have faded and the unhelpful staff make it a poor choice when traveling to Jerusalem. Despite booking a 'non smoking' room, we tried several very smokey rooms before finally settling on a 'very recently smoked in, but covered up by aerosol spray' room. The gym is not open on Shabat (of course) but also not on weekends, and was under construction leaving it almost useless. The A/C did not work during our entire visit. Nothing about this hotel was worth the price paid. There are much better choices in Jerusalem.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
As always, we are trying to improve ourselves and one of the improvements is the face-lifting of hotel
During your stay, you have experienced a small interference which cause you anything but an enjoyable vacation, and once again, we sorry for that.
With regard to other issues you mention on your review, we apologize again and we are sure that it was a singular mistake as you can see from other guest’s reviews.

Yours sincerely
Lior Gabay
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I went to Israel with a group all over when we came to Leonardo Jrusalem we had a very impressing welcome by the group manger she was lovely smiling kind and professional. The location is great the food was superb the rooms are fine and clean and the service is freindly we had a very good time.

Room Tip: higher floor has great blcony
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I am staying at the Leonardo jerusalem hotel. It is very nice surprise for me and my family
The rooms are well maintained, the food is very tasty, the pool is good for families and couples. The location is very good to tour at the old city and the new train is just nearby the hotel
I will certainly will come again

• Stayed June 2013
Ness Ziona, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We spent 4 nights at Leonardo Hotel in Jersusalem: couple with 3 kids, we took two connected rooms. The good thing that I may say about the hotel is it's location - 3 minutes to electric train and 10 minutes by feet to the Old City.
The pool was very small and no sauna at all - a disappointment for my man, the rooms were not bad at all but not clean enough, the service wasn't always on the same level - certainly worse than I expected for the money we spent.
The same re restaurants - sometimes better, sometimes worse. The kids and my man were not excited with the food but satisfied. I am vegiterian and although I paid for full pension I sat with my family but went to eat outside...
Next time will look for a better place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
hod hasharon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed at the Leonardo Hotel in Jerusalem this morning and was surprised to find a cute hotel with excellent service!!!!
I was looking hotel with Reasonable price to Spend a weekend with the kids during Festival of Lights and I was glad to find a charming hotel with clean rooms and courteous service and most importantly the best breakfast in town

Room Tip: Check kids menu meals
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Leonardo Hotel Jerusalem? Share your experiences!