“I would give 5 stars, except there was the service...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Te'enim Vegetarian Cuisine

Te'enim Vegetarian Cuisine
12 Emile Botta St | close to the King David Hotel (not giva't ram), Jerusalem, Israel (Givat Ram)
02/625-1967
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Givat Ram
College Station, Texas
“I would give 5 stars, except there was the service...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Yes, the view is stunning. The food is excellent, too. However, part of the staff are poorly trained - which is the reason why I am not giving Te'enim 5 stars.

I visited the restaurant twice before writing the review. The food was excellent: I had the endive salad with cheese, followed by the steamed vegetables. At first, I though that 'steamed vegetables' might be boring. However, the smoky tahini really catapulted the food into a different realm. Really, really tasty. So tasty, that I had the same dish at my second visit, too. I am a sucker for sweets so I tried three of their cakes. All were excellent with the semolina/honey cake a little on the dry side and the ginger cheese cake being amazing. From a culinary standpoint a definite repeat.

As for the service: On my first visit, the server got my order wrong. Not only that, he brought me a dish that actually had ingredients I am allergic to. Apology? Nope. I did, however, get the dish I originally ordered. Overall service is a little on the slow side (except for the manager who is great). On my second visit, the server forgot to add up the numbers on the bill. She was wondering why I kept 'staring' at the bill. I was doing math. Yes, I suck at it... Such things should not happen, in my opinion.

Feedback to the restaurant: Train your staff better. It would be nice to have a 'keep cell phones out' sign inside the restaurant. Some people just do not get it and it does bother in that space, simply because of the vaulted ceiling and the acoustics. Outside, I would separate smokers from nonsmokers. The Italian chain-smoking couple was a bit of a damper...

Would I come back? Absolutely! Unfortunately, I am leaving town before they reopen after Saturday (Kosher).

• Visited May 2013

88% Recommend
Jerusalem, Israel
“DAIRY/VEGETARIAN UNUSALLLY GOOD FOOD WITH A VIEW”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have said it all in the title. The ingredients are pure, Patrique knows his food and the niche he espouses and the view of the Old City Walls remarkable. The food is tasty and prepared with care and knowledge.

Visited April 2013
Jerusalem, Israel
“too little”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We were staying in the Yemin Moshe district of Jerusalem, and, because we are vegetarian, popped in here.
Not a very inspiring menu. Very few beers on hand. Ordered white wine that was only just slightly cooler than room temp. and came in grubby glass, that was 'replaced'? in an equally grubby glass. My wife had a-little-underdone shitake mushroom dish, and had mediocre polenta plate.
Snooty sort of atmosphere, like they take themselves way too seriously, rather than defering to the customer. We did get a window seat with a nice view towards the old city.
The portions were small, but the prices were pretty big.
Wouldn't recommend it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Most Amazing Vegetarian/Vegan in Jerusalem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Everything is super fresh, organic,healthy, and kosher. Food is made freshly when ordered. The best juices and wine in the city. Spectacular view of the Old City. Very Elegant, clean, and fresh home cooking. One of the best restraunts in town. :)

• Visited April 2013
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Vegan Food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This Restaurant provides the best Vegan dishes in Jerusalem.

The blend of French and North African cuisine in Vegan form is just wonderful.

On my list of must do again when in Jerusalem.

• Visited April 2013