“Great Food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zuni

Zuni
Yoel Moshe Solomon 15, Jerusalem, Israel (Down Town West Jerusalem)
972-2-625-7776
Neighborhood: Down Town West Jerusalem
Devon
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have eaten at Zuni on at least three occasions when visiting Jerusalem and every time we have found the staff helpful and courteous and the food has always been delicious...the menu offers a wide variety of dishes and cuisine with a good list of wines to accompany them. The location is good and the ambiance was exactly what we wanted for a relaxing dinner........will definitely eat there again next time I am in Jerusalem

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Hebrew first
Tel Aviv, Israel
“All in all, good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Zuni was recommended to us by my cousin. We came to Zuni with high expectations.
The welcoming faces of the staff who sat us to a table and the fun manner our order was taken was misleading toward the hectic service to come.
We ordered a single dish of liver ravioli, two main courses of Entrecôte with herb-butter and a side dish of homemade fries and ZuniBurger with cheese topping and a side dish of mashed potatoes (promised to be dairy). Add to that a glass of wine and a beer, and we were all set.
After some time a waitress showed with our drinks. A good portion of good wine and a frozen glass with beer. So far, so good. She also placed two spoons, so we thought the first course is served. We sat there and at the corner of my eye I see a waitress nearing our table with two plates in her hand and about 3 steps away from us making a fast U-Turn and goes to another waitress.
They both came apologizing for forgetting the ravioli and asked if we'd like to have the ravioli.
I was hungry so we said that we will make it without it.
The plates were put in front of us and looked good. The steak was smeared with herbal butter and the hamburger was as asked, with pickles on the side and nothing else. Just meat and tomatoes. The mashed potatoes (Purée) came in a separate plate, as were the fries. I cut the first cut and the Entrecôte was almost as ordered, medium to the rear side. Loved it. The herb butter a bit too strong, but very nice. The fries were REALLY good. Homey as I like them (though a bit too salty, but some would love it that way). The Purée was not good. Running and tasteless. The hamburger came without the topping and the waitress took it, placed the cheese and returned the plate. That is not the way to do it…

All in all, the food (meat) was good. Too bad the service (and Purée) was so poor (but with LOTS of smiles!).

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Ewing, New Jersey
“Delicious Food and Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We chose Zuni because it was close to where we were staying. After a long day of sightseeing, our group was happy to be able to just cross the street after our evening meal. This place is worth a detour, however, if you are not staying right there. The food was delicious, there was a large selection of wine and other liquor, the service was friendly and fast. There were six of us and not a so-so dish at the table. After we had chosen Zuni I received a text from a local friend, who said it is one of her family's favorite spots. I can see why.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Cortland, New York
“Works for a business dinner or spending time with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

A lovely location for dinner, neither old nor modern, but something quiet in between. Zuni has a broad menu, emphasizing Italian cuisine more than anything else, and what looked to me like a reasonable list of wine and cocktails.

On a recommendation from a friend, I had the French Toast for dinner (seriously)—even though it wasn’t on the evening menu. The friendly staff accomodated me, and the French Toast turned out to be an excellent choice, accompanied by diced fresh fruit, mascarpone cheese and a coffee.

I would go to Zuni again, without hesitation; with colleagues, on a date with my wife or with the whole family.

GETTING THERE: I would suggest that you take a taxi; parking looks like it would be a real challenge.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vista, California
“good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

we had good food there but they always seemed to be out of something. Service was ok but not great we did enjoy the food though

Visited April 2013