“Always outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

02-6245406
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #81 of 474 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
New York, NY
“Always outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We have eaten at this restaurant each time we have visited Jerusalem --- always an outstanding experience. Fabulous setting, excellent service and wonderful food. Try the bastilla (pastilla?) as a first course and then the lamb on the bone (an entree for two people) on a bed of couscous --- fabulous! My only reservation is that the place has become rather "pricey."

Visited April 2013

• Hebrew first
Chicago, Illinois
“Outstanding Moroccan food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Ordered lamb shanks tangine, chicken with couscous and a varied salad tray. All excellent. Be sure to order Tea. It is served in a unique way!

Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Darna is my favorite restaurant in Jerusalem. One of the things I love about it is that's it's so unique. The architecture, food, and overall atmosphere make you feel like you're really in Morocco. The food is really good-follow the waiter's recommendations and you'll really love it too. A lot of sweet choices on the menu and great homemade desserts. Really really great place.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
beit shemesh
“go for the experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

the prices were a bit above the norm. the food was good. but the experience was wonderful! and thats what we went for. the atmosphere was romantic,exotic,evocotive. the service was outstanding. it was more than service..it was being hosted. no matter how good a meal is, the taste of the food only lasts during that meal,whereas the darna experience lives on.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“It's as Much about the Decor and Presentation as the Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I like the full package when I eat out. I want good food, served beautifully in a great looking restaurant with a great atmosphere - so yes I am hard to please. Darna nearly ticked all the boxes.
As we walked through the restaurant to our private dining area (we were a large group) I loved the decor and the look of the place, though I did prefer the main area to the private room that we were in. As we were part of a group we had no choice but the food was plentiful and served on beautiful dishes. Moroccan food isn't my favourite but I really enjoyed the chicken main course and broke my 'no sugar' rule to have the gorgeous dessert which I can only describe as a stack of something that looked a bit like Indian papadums but they were sweet with a sweet white sauce - It was very hard to stop eating them, so I just carried on. Calories don't count when you are on holiday - especially in Israel (my scales disagreed when I got home though).
I have no idea how much the bill came to but if you check the menu and prices before you book you will have some idea how much your bill will come to. If you think its expensive don't go there.
Finally - I noticed that they had moroccan ceramics and other things for sale when we were on our way out. They all looked gorgeous but I had no time to stop and look, so yes I will be going back for the chicken, dessert and possibly to buy one of their lovely moroccan nick-naks!

• Visited February 2013