“Always consistent quality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Gaucho

El Gaucho
22 Rivlin Street, Jerusalem, Israel (Bayit Ve'gan)
+972 2 624 2227
Neighborhood: Bayit Ve'gan
Paris
“Always consistent quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Everytime I go to Jerusalem, I always go back to El Gaucho for my Asado and Entrecote. Still great after all these years . And service got better. Forgot to get the name of our server but he made us happy again with our argentinian steak experience again

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Tel Aviv, Israel
“Just Don't Dress Up”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I went with my wife after hearing for years about how amazing "the" El Gaucho is and the place was a dump. The walls have falling paint and I felt gross just sitting in the place. The tables were sticky, the decor atrocious and the food fell flat on every level.

The chorizo we ordered still had the plastic casing on it, the meat wasn't seasoned at all, and the chicken wings were very mediocre.

Not to take away from the service, it was satisfactory, but the place was just disgusting.

Note to all: Don't dress up for this joint, cause you'll just feel silly.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Jerusalem, Israel
“Great dining experience. Would definitely return.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I purchased a coupon for a complete meal for 2 as a surprise for my husband's birthday. We did find it hard to locate the restaurant in a narrow alley but it was worth it. We found the service excellent. When I told them why we had come they placed us in a section where we were the only couple there (it was late afternoon/early evening) although there was another section quite busy but not full at that hour. We were welcomed nicely and offered a small aperitif. The meal included a platter of varied entrees, a main of different cuts of meats, with a salad, dessert and of course bread with a spread. Everything was served hot and tasty, with the steak done to our request.They surprised my husband with an additional dessert with sparkler lit for his birthday.
I was very surprised to read the negative reviews on this site for the restaurant when I went here to offer a review. I am glad that I had not read them as it might have turned us off from going there.
I certainly hope to return, Maybe my husband will surprise me for my birthday

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
jerusalem,Israel
“For meat lovers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had a discount voucher which enabled us to enjoy a fairly good meat repast at a reasonable price. The place was quite full but no reservation seems necessary on a regular weekday.
It's a known restaurant for many years and their meat is good, but maybe because of that, they do not invest in renovating the place! It needs a good painting job and a serious renovation of the lavatories. Besides that they should replace the chairs for more comfortable seating arrangements.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rotterdam
“More like a fast food place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We visited El gaucho using a voucher for a three-course meal. It was a very bad experience. Firstly the place looks run down and tired and badly heated. Secondly the food was bad. Some of the starters included deep fried burekas but apparently it came from the freezer because the inside was still frozen. We pointed this out to the waitor and he brough new ones - again half frozen. The main course was a selection of meats. The quality of the meat was the worst I have ever experienced. When we left the waitor stopped us because he was not satisfied with his tip!

• Visited February 2013