“Perfect Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 22 Activities in Haifa
More attraction details
Owner description: Jacob's Dream Tours in a privately-owned business which caters to the independent traveler who wants to see Israel an a one-to-one basis. Jacob takes you to see the things you want to see.
Los Angeles
“Perfect Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My 12 years old son and I spent 5 days with Jacob in August. Jacob was an outstanding guide and patiently answered questions from my son for hours on end. His knowledge of religion and history is quite impressive. Every aspect of our trip was well planned.

My son looks forward to returning to Israel with his mother and sister and using Jacob for as a tour guide. We highly recommend him.

Visited August 2013

Houston, Texas
“Five Days with Jacob Fiesel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The oft-repeated reputation of Jacob Firsel as the best tour guide in Israel, in my opinion, was confirmed last week (July 3 - 7, 2013). I, a member of a private group, spent five unforgettable days gleaning from Jacob's vast knowledge of the "Beautiful Land" and its history (Jewish, Christian, and the various multitude of occupiers and conquerors). His 18 (I think) year's experience and passion for history proved invaluable as we walked the rocky paths, traveled the highways, and sailed on the Sea of Galilee. Never once did I sense that Jacob mechanically repeated a well rehearsed narrative. With each explanation about a site . . . or when answering our many questions . . . Jacob spoke with contagious enthusiasm. I, a Christian, read my Bible with a fresh understanding after these few days under the tutorship of Jacob Firsel.

Visited July 2013
priest22, Owner at Jacob's Dream Private Day Tours, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Bonnie, thank you so much for your kind words. I miss our breakfasts together and the great discussions we had.
Chicago, Illinois
“The perfect guide in Israel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I just came back from a 10 day visit to Israel with my wife and three young kids. The trip was a life changing experience for my entire family. Jacob provided the perfect tour for my family. He combined the right amount of history with activities for my kids and the results were fantastic. My kids keep talking about the trip. We loved all of the accommodations that Jacob recommended. Jacob makes it so simple. He gives you ideas that will suit your needs and builds a tour around it. His knowledge of all of the areas we visited are extensive. He was able to answer all of my wife's questions, and there were a ton of questions. He drives you around in luxury with plenty of cool water to keep you hydrated. He got us up early to walk up Masada. We took us through water tunnels, archaeological digs, jeep rides, rafting, climbing, camel rides, and of course shopping! What an amazing experience. Finally, I will say, the man knows his food and where to get the best in Israel! Book Jacob and never look back! You will have a trip that will never be forgotten!

Visited July 2013
priest22, Owner at Jacob's Dream Private Day Tours, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Barry, it was such a pleasure taking your family on this tour. We had a great time. Enjoy the memories!
“Jacob made our visit to the holy land a truly memorable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a mixed group of christians and jews and he made our itinerary and coordinated all aspects of the trip. This is my second tour with jacob. I cant imagine a better guide or person to take you around israel. I give him my highest and most enthusiastic recommendation.

Austin, Texas, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Best tour ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I've had many international tours and without a doubt Jacob's Dream Tour is the best. Jacob is extremely personable, professional and knowledgeable. We were interested in a custom tour that combined Christian, Jewish and archeological components. Jacob created the perfect tour that gave us a clear and concise understanding of Jewish culture while addressing our interest in archeology. As Christians were wanted to see all of the Christian sites but also understand them from a Jewish point of view. Again Jacob, with his understanding of religion and culture, did an outstanding job in tying the concepts and characteristics together. Lastly, we wanted to visit into Palestinian areas of the West Bank. Jacob carefully arranged tours for us within the sites, taking us to the boundary, communicating with the Palestinian tour guide on our behalf, arranging payment and then waiting for our return to his 'custody'. He was extremely protective of us and took great measures for our safety and to help us to feel secure with his arrangement. This made us feel extremely safe and secure visiting the West Bank. Originally my wife was fearful of a West Bank visit; however, with Jacob's arrangement, she felt safe and enjoyed every moment of the tour. I would recommend Jacob to anyone that is looking for an in depth, educational, and thorough tour of Israel. He will customize any tour and especially he is flexible, something that a rarely find in tour operators. The greatest compliment I can give is, upon our departure, my wife told Jacob that he felt like family to us after eight days of touring. For my wife to say this, and I agree totally with her, this is quite a huge compliment!

Visited June 2013
priest22, Owner at Jacob's Dream Private Day Tours, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Randy, it was a real pleasure taking you and Janelle around and showing you this great country. Your Israeli brother, Jacob