“Beth Shalom Guest House Best Deal in Haifa” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Beth Shalom
110 Hanassi Blvd. | P.O. Box 6208, Haifa 31061, Israel   |
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Haifa
Currently in Israel
“Beth Shalom Guest House Best Deal in Haifa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

Having stumbled onto this guest house by a fellow traveler on my sherut, I returned 30 days later because I was so impressed that first night. Beth Shalom is located right across the street from the Dan Panorama on the top of Mt. Carmel ... an excellent location in Haifa ... and only two blocks from the 37 bus. It is clean, clean, clean ... which is what impressed me most. I will be here for a week just recuperating from a month at the University of Haifa dorms (without air conditioning) and planning my next step in Israel. Since there aren't very much guests here, the breakfast has been much less than expected but more than adequate with toast, hard-boiled eggs, cheese and the inevitable sliced vegetables and yougart. For a nominal fee, I had a mini-fridge put in my room and for another fee of $5 a day, have wireless access. I whole-heartedly recommend this guest house to anyone coming to Haifa.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Vancouver BC Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

This little hotel was perfect for my needs. I wanted something clean and basic, without spending a lot of money. This hotel definitely provided all three. The rooms were small, but I was by myself so it was just fine. There was a lovely deck off the back where I enjoyed my breakfast (basic, but hit the spot) and where one could relax during the day if desired. The location was perfect - it was across the street and near many of the big hotels, for at least half the price, and shopping and good restaurants were nearby. It is run by the Winkler family, and many of their children take turns manning the front desk. I found everyone friendly and helpful throughout my stay. The only downside was the coffee - although I found a couple of good coffee shops down the street. If I go back to Haifa, this is where I will stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

This hotel is a gem for budget travellers who may be tired of the low end hotels/hostels. It cost $100 US per night and it is priced absolutely right. The staff are super friendly and accomodating.

Parking is in front of the hotel in the roundabout driveway. The staff helps move cars if your car is trapped behind another.

The breakfast was wonderful. Great selection of fruit, br4ead, cereal, eggs, yogurt. Breakfast is included in the price.

Rooms are airconditioned.

Best place for the price out the 4 hotels I stayed at while in Israel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Ridgefield, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

We stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed our stay. The best word I could think of to describe this hotel is 'practical.' It is very convenient; the rooms are clean and quiet; the breakfast is adequate; the staff do their job. There is nothing really outstanding in terms of the facility, but there is nothing bad, and the location is excellent.

The rooms are quite clean and quiet, though smallish (not tiny). I believe there is only 1 TV channel in English; the TV is small. The floors are laminate wood. We would have appreciated more space but we had our 2 year old daughter with us and she and her stuff probably made the room feel smaller than it was.

The breakfast is about average - a few salads, yogurt, eggs, breads, cereals, juice and coffee.

The location is very good - especially if you have young children. It's a 5 minute walk to the zoo and a wonderful playground that we visited twice a day. It's walking distance (5-10 minutes) to the top of the subway, the Bahai gardens, the top of Carmel Centre and all the restaurants and shops nearby.

Amazingly, the hotel offers free (limited) parking, right in front. Just drive up to the lobby, park your car, and get out. That convenience was very much appreciated, as we used Haifa as a base to explore Caesarea, Acco, and the Galilee region.

The staff is adequate and a little interesting. They were not unfriendly, but they are very reserved. Barely a smile while going through the lobby, they did not say "hello," etc.

Beth Shalom was a good value, we thought, for all the advantages, and we would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

This place appears to cater mainly to German and American tourists. It's a very good value for the money (we paid $88 (US))especially compared to our hotel in Tel Aviv which was twice the money but was a complete disaster. Hotel Beth Shalom is very clean and the staff is very helpful and friendly. The location is great - in the 'Carmel Center' neighborhood near cute shops and cafes and within walking distance to the Bahai Gardens. The breakfast was good. Parking was free!

The only negative is that my sleep was not all that restful because the pillows were lumpy and hard...by the time I went to bed, the front desk had closed so I didn't have anyone to complain to... I would still go back to this place, but I would probably bring my own pillow... Enjoy

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2008

I've been to Beth-Shalom with my extended family and other friends for 5 days. This is a little but very nice and familiar hotel. The staff was polite and helpful, food was excellent, rooms were clean, I really don't have any reason to complain. We had a great time in Haifa at Beth-Shalom, I would definitely visit and stay there again.

• Liked — familiar atmosphere
  • Disliked — rooms are a little bit small
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2007

Very small but very clean room. Bath was modern with only a shower stall. Staff helpful but not overly friendly. Free breakfast with the basics. No computer access, but there is wiring for laptops. Iron, board and hair dryer can be borrowed from front desk. The neighborhood is great. It's way up the mountain. You can walk to an internet cafe, laundry facilities, and real good food establishments. Buses stop at front door. It's close to but there is no view of the Baha'i Gardens. I would stay there again.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — starkness
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Beth Shalom? Share your experiences!