“Bayit Bagalil” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 67 Hotels in Galilee
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Bayit Bagalil”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. A lovely hotel situated on the eastern slopes of Mt Canaan.t
The rooms are very big .The hotel staff was very helpful polite and efficient. The Spa and message were exellent. Breakfast was amazing.Hotel manager Akram was always on site making sure everything was under control and being very polite and helpful to guests.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
lauren z, Manager at Bayit Bagalil, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
I am writing in regard to your recent stay with us here at Bayit Bagalil Hotel.
Thank you for choosing to stay at Bayit Bagalil Hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback.
We are dedicated to provide a high level of service and standards as in all of Orchid Hotels. I am happy to know that you had a good time and I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and kind compliments regarding our hotel service and location.

I would like to thank you again, and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Hebrew first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We came here to celebrate my mother's birthday and we enjoyed it very much. Beautiful grounds, excellent food and very good service. I will recommend this hotel to all my friends. It's peaceful. The spa was very good. My message was A+. We really enjoyed our stay here.

Stayed October 2013
lauren z, Manager at Bayit Bagalil, responded to this review, October 27, 2013

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

During our 2 night stay, there were too many things that shouldn't happen at a supposedly 5 star hotel. When we arrived at 1:30 pm, our room was not ready, but they said they would call when it was. We returned later, but they never did call. When we were ultimately escorted to the room, it was so heavily scented, we couldn't stay. They said that the room had to be sprayed because it smelled awful from the prior guests. They did give us another, although much smaller, room. On checking out, I asked about reducing the rate to reflect the lower category room. They nastily refused.

The first morning, breakfast was very late. It was supposed to start at 7:30, but we had to sit around until they were ready at 8:00. The second morning as we were eating breakfast, they were mopping the floors in the dining room. The smell was so bad, we had to leave the room. The staff at breakfast couldn't have been less accommodating in contrast to the excellent service at dinner.

The rooms were spacious and comfortable, if a bit dated. The breakfasts and dinners were good and plentiful. The hotel is located just outside of a small town, but is conveniently located for touring the area (near Tsfat, the Sea of Galilee, and the Hula valley).

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
lauren z, Manager at Bayit Bagalil, responded to this review, November 28, 2013

Earth :)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Overall very nice hotel located in the middle of a forest. spacious rooms good amneties.
Hotel rooms maintenance should be more thoroughly looked after. Staff extremely helpful smiling and friendly during our entire stay.
One thing that really annoyed me- sadly the hotel is smokers-tolerant. I would really expect such a hotel situated in the midst of nature to ban smoking altogether.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
lauren z, Manager at Bayit Bagalil, responded to this review, October 13, 2013

Lausanne, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

A couple of days ago I went back to the Bayit Bagalil for a romantic dinner with my Wife. I went there about four year ago and had a very nice experience, the service was good and the Food was spectacular. So we wanted to go there and repeat the nice experience but it was extremely disappointing. Fist we received starter to share, which in general I like, but they wear very medicare dishes and all cold. (even the kabab and the chicken)
The next course was a soup served with a nice big pubic hair on top. The kind girl serving us was so kind an brought us a new won but did not even bother to apologize or anything. After this my appetite was gone and I took a doggy bag for the rest of the meal.
I guess I expected to much, they charge a very high price for a meal in Israel and deliver not more then any other cheap restaurant will.
It is a beautiful place but all looks a bit run down and unclean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
lauren z, Manager at Bayit Bagalil, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
I am writing in regard to your recent stay with us here at Bayit Bagalil Hotel.
Thank you for choosing to stay at Bayit Bagalil Hotel.
I would like to thank you for bringing your feedback to our attention.
We are dedicated to provide a high level of service and standards. Therefore I was very surprised at your experience here.
I deeply apologies for any inconvenience you may had.
I will appreciate if you will contact me directly in order to find a way to solve this issue with you. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you back in the future and assure you be able to enjoy in a spoiled and relaxed atmosphere.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights, the rooms were clean and spacious. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful with daily activities. The food was amazing ...It was peaceful, and very relaxing, Cant wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
lauren z, Manager at Bayit Bagalil, responded to this review, June 26, 2013

Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed there last summer, what a mistake!!
Room wasn't clean; staff get into the room without nocking first...
Spa rooms are the most basic ever, personel is outsourced and lack motivation.
The hotel is supposed to be adult-only: turns out it doesn't apply during holidays..

We sent a complaint hoping for some of money back (we spent over $400 per night), a few weeks later we were offer a ridiculous discount if we were to come back: no thank you!!

Do yourself a favour and stay somewhere cheaper and nicer!

Room Tip: Just a different hotel