“Our first multiday hike in Israel” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 59 Attractions in Galilee
Type: Trails, Outdoors
Activities: Hiking
“Our first multiday hike in Israel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

The Jesus Trail was one of the highlights of our 2 month stay in Israel. The organiziation of the trip was excellent, the trail had beautiful scenery, and interesting historic places to see that you would never see on a tour or even driving around Israel. The accommodations arranged by Fauzi Azar were amazing--our favourite the Shavit Family Guest House in Moshav Arbel. Each place we stayed the people were very helpful, friendly and made excellent meals.
Walking the trail allows a connection with the Land and it's people that I don't think you would get any other way. It also allows time for spritual reflection about one's own life and goals.
If I did it over again I would go at a cooler time. We went mid October, but every day was 30 deg C and we found walking in the heat often without shade, exhausting by the end of the day.

Visited October 2012

Galilee
4 attraction reviews
“Great way to experience the real Galilee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

The Jesus trail is an Excellent way to explore the countryside of Galilee slowly and surely , in this way you will meet interesting people from different cultures. in this way you will feel the land and meet the local flora and fauna.

Visited May 2012
“Perfect for body and soul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

I started in Nazareth, stayed at the Fauzi Azar Inn for one night, which Is about as good a start anyone might wish for ( great place, and people running it too, plus a free guided tour to take in sights and the Nazarenes way of life). Then skipped the first kilometers and went straight to Zippori national park. From there I hiled the entire trail to Capernaum. A real treat in terms of scenery, places, and sights. But above all, the people you meet is worth the trip all by itself.
I stayed along the trail in Cana guest house (great food and lovely people running it, a bit noisy city at night), Kibbutz Lavi (neat and friendly, there is a pool, and a marvellous garden, when booking tell them you are doing the Jesus trail, this will get you a special fare), Arbel guest house (loevley place too and they have a swimming pool and great restaurant), and finally Beit Bracha in Migdal (what can I say but Halleluja and thank you ever so much for making my stay so wonderfull).
In March next year, I'll do the trail from Kaukab via Migdal to the Lake Kinneret.

Nazareth, HaZafon, Israel
“The Jesus Trail was an amazing hike with great views.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Over a course of 4 days my group hiked 40 miles about 65 km. We stayed over night in Cana, a goat farm near Ilaniya, and Arbel. My favorite part of the hike was standing on the cliffs of Arbel and getting to see Mt Hermon,the horns of hittin, and the sea of Galilee. This hike would be perfect for any hiker interested in hiking in Israel, it is not too difficult except for a brief stretch going down the cliffs of arbel, and there are plenty of water stops. Even though I am a Christian I would recommend it to anyone.

Visited April 2012
Jerusalem, Israel
5 attraction reviews
“One of Israel best hikes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

start one day from Kanna to Golani Junction and the next day from Hattin Horns to Arbel Mt..
One of Israel best tours and walks....
If you are into walks you must look for this hike...
Easy to get there by bus or Taxi .

Visited February 2012