“Good value for business stay in Eilat” 3 of 5 stars

Herods Boutique
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   North Shore, Eilat 88103, Israel   |
Ranked #3 of 63 hotels in Eilat
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Good value for business stay in Eilat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Slept there for 2 nights while participating in a convention at the city.
It's a large complex that has 3 different sections, the herods palace, herods vitalis and the boutique where we stayed, and is intended for conventions so unlike the two others is kind of basic. The rooms and the service were nothing more then fair, the brake fast however was good.
Location is on the north promenade, 15 minuets walk from city center, and 20 minutes from the airport.
In one sentence : does the work.

• Stayed January 2013

278 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Hebrew first
Petach Tikva
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I would like to share a wonderful experience we had this week. My sisters and I decided to go for a family vacation in Eilat. We found a great deal in Herods Boutique Hotel and stayed there for 4 nights. We had eight rooms all of us- four sisters and families. The Hotel staff was welcoming and kind and greeted us with refreshments and drinks.
The Hotel is very high standard and the rooms were fantastic! Everything was clean, the rooms were large and comfortable, bright and well equipped. Breakfasts were very rich with good food- salads,breads, cheeses,eggs, desserts, etc. and we just waited for breakfast, it's been absolutely great.
We spent many hours in the pool and enjoyed the sun queries even during winter.
I must say, it was a pleasure to be a guest at this hotel. We received full value for our money and I'm glad we chose this Hotel and the next time we decide to come to Eilat no doubt we will return to this hotel.

Room Tip: High floor facing the sea.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

As we arrived at the Herods boutique we were greeted by Haim Simelmitz the manager of the hotel and even though we had reservations in another hotel we decided to stay at the Herods boutique.

We had some problems in the beginning but after expressing our concerns to Haim Simelmitz all those problems were resolved.

all the staff starting from the executive level all the way down to the janitors are extremely friendly and will do anything to make your stay more comfortable and I attribute that to good management excellent service and the will to please the customer something extremely rare in Israel.

Not only will I recommend the Herods boutique that is offering a unique experience but I will definitely be coming back and try to extend my stay here for as long as I can.

I have been traveling the world and stayed in many hotels for extensive periods of time but this one really stands out from the rest.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Haim Simelmitz, Dudu the restaurant manager and all the staff for making my stay so memorable.

Room Tip: Just ask for it
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We booked our room one day before our arrival. The reception lady was very nice at the check in. We came very early at the morning. The average get in room is around 15:00 in every hotel. BUT, the manager of the hotel welcomes us, and said that he will do the best to give us the room earlier. He also offers us a coffee and a big discount on breakfast because we arrive early. Indeed, we receive the room the moment that it was ready and much much earlier then 15:00. It seems that he (Manager) didn't do it in purpose and gave us the room when it was really ready. The room was very nice. (We booked the suite for the New Years, and we also receive a free entrance to the business lounge). At night we received a bottle of wine, fruits, and some chocolate. The employees always smile at us, and when we called room service, the reply back in a timely manner. In our previous holiday, we stayed at the Vitalis, (Herods), it was also very nice, but this time in the Herods Boutique, the employees and especially the manager (Mr. Chaim) gave us the feeling of being welcome, always when he saw us asked if everything is OK and if he can do something for us to make our stay even more great. The hotel itself, is nice and quiet hotel. Very good for couples. I will defiantly recommend it. It was the best New Years Eve for a long time for us and the hotel management contribute to this feeling.

Shorashim
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Herods Boutique big asset is its small size, especially compared to the Palace. We got to know the manager, Haim, personally and he tried very hard to make our stay enjoyable. Also, Dudu, the dining room manager went out of his way to make sure we were happy. Unfortunately, the bell staff is small and we had a lot of trouble getting help with our luggage. Also the level of the furniture in the room and the maintenance of the room were not up to 5 star rating. The view from the Palace is much nicer but the small size of the Boutique more than make up for that.

Room Tip: By choosing a suite we had free access to the spa which is wonderful.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I think there is a confusion between the different Herods (Boutique, Palace and Vitali) I can't believe all the great reviews I read about this hotel.

Herods Boutique hotel is like a carton deco on a beton building; everything is 'fake'.
The furniture in the room is made of very simple wood with golden pasting to create a kind of oriental deco. Really kitsch! In the photos, it looks not bad, but in reality, I felt deceived.

The service was so-so. We arrived a bit early, so we left our luggage at the reception and we left to the beach. The clerk said he will send a SMS when our room will be ready. Half an hour after, I got the sms. We came back to the hotel, but the room was not ready, the clerk said that the general manager was checking if everything in our room is in order. A bit weird, why the 'general manager' should do that? Anyway, we had to wait one more hour to have the room ready. A bit annoying when you just arrive.

Breakfast was ok and the room is spacious, I agree. But I cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
FattalM, General Manager at Herods Boutique, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
First of all I would like to thank you for your review.
On the second hand , I was really upset to read your impression from the boutique hotel.
Our guests satisfaction is our main goal and main priority .
Herods complex hotel design by MR Yoav Igra which is one of the best architect in Israel and worldwide and for my opinion
And other people around the globe it’s the most beautiful hotel ever built in Eilat.
As everyone knows in ISRAEL check in time is after 3pm , check out time is 11:00am.
You arrive at 09:47 and final check in was at 12:13…. Almost 3 hours before the original time schedule .
I didn’t understand what was so wrong and unexpected that I personally myself , went to check your room before?
This procedure is done all the time by housekeeping supervisors + by my self to assure that the room will be deliver
To our guests without any problem at all.
TripAdvisor web site is the most reliable and genuine site around the world and people write what ever they authentically feel during
Their vacation for better or worst.
Wishing you all the best and hope that next time you’ll be more happy and satisfied
Sincerely yours
Haim Simelmits
Boutique hotel manager
Beit Shemesh, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The service and the stuff of the hotel are excellent. The restaurant is beautiful and the food is very tasty.
Warmest thanks to receptionist (Ahuva) for the service, patient and special treatment.

With best regards,
Pnina and Shmuel Eliyahu
Moshav Taoz.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Herods Boutique? Share your experiences!