“Surprisingly good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 64 Hotels in Eilat
Haifa, Israel
“Surprisingly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I rarely travel to Eilat, but this time I had a professional convention so I decided to give it a try, and was surprised by the high level of the hotel.

It's an all suites hotel. The room was clean. Had lots of storage space. Bathroom was large, and the small kitchen area was adequately equipped.
The hotel has a very nice shopping center inside it, and Isrotel's (the hotel chain) main attraction - The Wow show - is also located inside the hotel.

The pool area is the main advantage of the hotel. There are several pools, including one that has a beach like feeling (with sand and everything). There is a slide for kids (and adults), and if you're traveling with kids it's certainly the hotel for you.

Dining was nice (we had breakfast and dinner at the hotels restaurant), and the service at the dining room was ok. Nothing spectacular.

The only downside, is the price (although that's true for all of Israel and Eilat), and the fact that you have to pay for WiFi.

If I'll be back in Eilat I'll certainly choose this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Hebrew first
Hereford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Me and my family went a while ago while the hotel wasn't hugely busy and only the beach style pool and one other was open ,there could be a better pool suitable for adults.Although everything else was good and the visit was enjoyable , the freebies where a nice touch.Ignore the date i went as i couldn't remember a random one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

great pool, rooms and breakfast is diverse and very tasty.

The service was poor - understaffed waiters at breakfast every day.

but mainly - bed for kids was broken and was replaced only at 11PM!
Hotel apologised and offered 30% discount for 1st day however Reception had no knowledge of this which made checkout last over an hour.

Lastly, they charged me for a $10 donation without asking me ...

Room Tip: low floor as floors at the top are not cooled properly
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We were 4 nights with 3 kids 15/10/7),they didn't want to leave!
Although the hotel was fully booked it was peaceful with room to everybody.
It was fun,clean and agreeable. The suite large and comfortable, the kitchenette is sufficient And the pools are great
It is not a 5 stars hotel but a good and full vacation for your family is guaranteed!

Stayed June 2014
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

My wife and I are members of The Isrotel Royal Sun Club, the equivalent of a Platinum level in Airline Frequent Flyer programs. Isrotel is our favorite hotel chain in Israel. We have stayed numerous times at our 5 favorite Isrotel hotels. This is not one of them.

In late May 2014, for the 4th time, I had to stay at the worst Isrotel hotel I know, a hotel that shames the chain, the Isrotel Royal garden. I have never had to pay for staying there, as all four times were with my wife's employer "Family Weekends". Not going could have caused a divorce, and none of my displeasures with the hotel from previous stays have been solved.

Many of my friends like this hotel. I can't understand why. The hotel has the following deficiencies and it also suffered from them in my previous stays:

1. The hotel's staff does not function properly when the hotel is at full capacity, like it was during our stay. Examples would be the cleanliness of the areas between the sandy pool and the elevators, as well as dirty public toilettes with no toilette paper.
2. The ratio of public space to guests at the pool areas is inferior to other Isrotel Eilat hotels.
3. The corridors between the elevators and the rooms are not air-conditioned (guys, this is Eilat, not Norway).
4. Many of the hotel's public parts need to be refurbished. It was a pity to look at the carpets in the dining room.

This time, however, I also found the hotel's front desk staff to be annoying, as the two following examples will show:

1. I called and asked whether we had free WiFi in our room. Was told the cost was $3 (₪10) per hour or $12 (₪40) per day. I mentioned we were members of the Isrotel Royal Sun Club. Nothing helped. The hotel employee I called was clearly uncomfortable with this ludicrous charge, but could not change anything.
2. We asked for a late checkout as Gold members of the Isrotel Royal Sun Club. I was told that our room was booked, and they could not grant us a single moment of late checkout. Later, the CFO of my wife's employer arranged a 5PM checkout for all employees, including for our reserved room.

This hotel needs a serious shake-up.

Room Tip: Stay at the Isrotel property on the other side of the road, the Royal Beach.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Tel Aviv
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

It's a very strange hotel. It looks renovated, and the rooms are ok, however, there are numerous flaws that may make you think twice before choosing this hotel. For some reason, we were not warned the parking just outside the main entrance is not free for the hotel guests, while the free one is at the remote corner of the parking lot. As a result, we got a ticket. What's more, check-in took a terrible amount of time. Beach robes are only given to the select few happy occupants of rooms of a certain type, and even extra payment didn't help, so we had to walk from the hotel to the nearby beach while being fully dressed and had to walk back to the hotel while being fully dressed and wet (the changing rooms of the beach are farther than the hotel itself). Et cetera. So I don't recommend to stay at the hotel, unless you don't care about the service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Swampscott, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We came here with two young kids (2&4 yo) following family recommendations and weren't disappointed. We booked a pool view suite on the Isrotel website (best prices we found) and were upgraded to a special family suite upon arrival. Check in was fast informative and efficient just as we like it. Parking is easy close to our wing's entrance. Hotel room has everything one needs and more. Service was friendly and swift. Our kids loved the pools and lush grounds with beautiful palm trees and gardens. Plenty of restaurants on site although lots of other ones all over the north shore hotels area. We used the on-site mini market (expensive) and restaurants, they're handy when feeling tired after a day in the sun, but would recommend to shop in the larger supermarkets in the city and shop in the large mall in the entrance to Eilat as more reasonable. Wish we could stay longer than the 4 days!!! Highly recommend this hotel to anyone with kids!!! (They also have a kids club with all sorts of activities and some shows but our kids are too young for these still).

• Stayed May 2014

Been to Isrotel Royal Garden? Share your experiences!