“Great place for a very good price” 4 of 5 stars

Orchid Reef Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Almog Beach | PO Box 651, Eilat 88105, Israel   |
Ranked #17 of 65 Hotels in Eilat
israel
“Great place for a very good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Hi I came back now from a small holiday vacation in this nice hotel !I with very affordable prices !!!i was here twice and every time I I liked the improvement ,first i was almost seven years ago and ,now recently in April 21 till 24, room 105,!I enjoyed the nice private pool next to ground flor rooms ,it's very" chic" and of course the rooms ,! The breakfast was nice and the staff was very helpful and kind and it's great that they have their own private beach with kitesurfing and windsurfing banana and other water attractions.Nice place for couples and families and friends! Come to Eilat all over the year and you will enjoy it with jazz festival or dance festival for students , I for sure .will return with guest from abroad also !

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
lauren z, marketing at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Cris,

I am writing in regard to your recent stay with us here at the Reef Hotel.
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Reef Hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback.
I would like to thank you again, and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Lauren Zahavi
Operation Manager
Orchid Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Hebrew first
Hackensack, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

The rooms were beautiful and well appointed. The hotel could have had more amenities.
The service was okay but nothing outstanding. The pool area was nice, but unfortunately the bar was not open even though we were with a group of 25 people.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
I am writing in regard to your recent stay with us here at the New Orchid Reef Eilat Hotel.
Thank you for choosing to stay at the New Orchid Reef Eilat Hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback. We are dedicated to provide a high level of service and standards as in all of Orchid Hotels. I am happy to know that you had a good time and I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and kind compliments regarding our hotel service and location.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Great location right on the red sea.
Room was very clean and the service was excellent.
we especially want to compliment Mrs Hava the supervisor for the wonderful service.
Breakfast was rich and fantastic. Great value for your money

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool more comfortable
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2014

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My family and I spent 2 nights at this hotel. It is newly renovated but the workmanship is poor. The faucet in our bathroom wasn't attached to the sink. The phone in the bathroom wall wasn't attached to anything and just fell off. Caulking, painting are poorly finished. If it were my place I'd be pretty upset with the building contractor. Service was OK but not very friendly. Positives are that it's on the water. And multiple water sports are available. Good proximity to Dolphin Reef - an amazing experience. Unfortunately, the views from the hotel are somewhat marred by industrial infrastructures just offshore. The breakfast buffet was good.

Stayed March 2014
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Amazing hotel, great design of the rooms, the hall, and the pool area. I wish to come back soon. The crew was very kindfull and lovely. The breakfast was awsome. There was alot of food kinds. The view to the sea was great. There is a great beach near the hotel and a great restaurant.

• Stayed March 2014

Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

This hotel is perfect if you want to lay around the pool, snorkel and just rest by the sea all day.

The hotel has a great relaxed atmosphere. It's not too simple but not posh at the same time.
Orchid reef offers some amazing perks for their guests:
Free bicycle, free rides into town, free international calls, free snorkel and mask and towels for the beach.
The hotel is not big and that gave us a nice cosy feeling. the beach is 2 minutes (lazy) walk from the room. The vibe on the beach is just perfect (!), relaxed and the view is amazing!
It's right next to the "Coral Beach Nature Reserve Eilat" so you can snorkel and see lots of different fish and corals!

The rooms are spacious and new. There are some great restaurants around and a supermarket.

The desk staff were nice and the cleaning staff was very good!
Every day we got a nice, clean room!

The only down point for us was the breakfast. It's low in quality.
There is allot to choose from but the vegetables and salads didn't feel fresh at all... which is a pity.
And there are allot of flies everywhere in the dinning area. I know Eilat is warm and there are allot of flies everywhere but i feel that in the dinning area they could have made a bit more of an effort to solve the fly problem.
*Also the bed linen are so so ...

We can't wait to come back to Orchid Reef. This will definitely be our Eilat hotel from now on!

Thanks Orchis Reef and hope too stay again soon!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea or pool view. The other rooms are overlooking a parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I did not want to stay in the center of Eilat as that is like staying in an attraction park. So that is why we ended up at this place. I was quiet disappointed. The area is dirty and there where ants in my bed.There was an intense smell in the hallway. The view from the room was nice. Make sure you ask for a room away from the road. The beach is very small and the music is so loud that it is like beeing in a night club, The service at the beach is very friendly. Coffee delicious. Breakfast is terrible.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
lauren z, General Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Miri,
Your opinion is very important to us and we appreciate for taking your time to write this review.
I was sorry to read that your stay at the New Orchid Reef Hotel in Eilat was not a good experience. Your comments are being taking serious care of by our staff.

You are more than welcome to contact us in any way you find and give us your full review so we can improve ourselves in the future.
Regarding the view- As the hotel was fully booked I couldn’t upgrade your room to pool view ,as your reservation was reserved on Deluxe room you have received the regular view please note to assure your reservation to be on sea view or pool view you need to reserve the room type "deluxe pool view". I apologize for the inconvenient regarding the music from the beach-I would like to notify you that it was not from the hotel and as per the law they may play music until 24:00.
Orchid Reef Eilat is one of the finest hotels in Eilat with the most recommendable reviews in all sites.
I truly hope that on your next visit to Israel you will choose to stay with us and I kindly ask you to contact us to reassure you that we always strive to deliver a first class product and an extraordinary service.

Hava volfovitz
General manager of orchid hotel eilat

Been to Orchid Reef Hotel? Share your experiences!