“Cheap and dirty” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Eilat
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Cheap and dirty”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I did not want to stay in the center of Eilat as that is like staying in an attraction park. So that is why we ended up at this place. I was quiet disappointed. The area is dirty and there where ants in my bed.There was an intense smell in the hallway. The view from the room was nice. Make sure you ask for a room away from the road. The beach is very small and the music is so loud that it is like beeing in a night club, The service at the beach is very friendly. Coffee delicious. Breakfast is terrible.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
lauren z, General Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Miri,
I am writing in regard to your recent stay with us here at the New Orchid Reef Eilat Hotel.
Your opinion is very important to us and we appreciate for taking your time to write this review.
I was sorry to read that your stay at the New Orchid Reef Hotel in Eilat was not a good experience. Your comments are being taking serious care of by our staff.

You are more than welcome to contact us in any way you find and give us your full review so we can improve ourselves in the future.
Regarding the view- As the hotel was fully booked I couldn’t upgrade your room to pool view ,as your reservation was reserved on Deluxe room you have received the regular view please note to assure your reservation to be on sea view or pool view you need to reserve the room type "deluxe pool view". I apologize for the inconvenient regarding the music from the beach-I would like to notify you that it was not from the hotel and as per the law they may play music until 24:00.
Orchid Reef Eilat is one of the finest hotels in Eilat with the most recommendable reviews in all sites.
I truly hope that on your next visit to Israel you will choose to stay with us and I kindly ask you to contact us to reassure you that we always strive to deliver a first class product and an extraordinary service.

Hava volfovitz
General manager of orchid hotel eilat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We are visiting eilat the second year in a row and we come back to this hotel. The rooms are clean and comferble. The workers are kind and helpfull. The pool is right next to the beach. The cost is a bit higher than the other hotels but it is worth it.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the New Orchid Reef Eilat Hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback. We are dedicated to provide a high level of service and standards as in all of Orchid Hotels. I am happy to know that you had a good time and I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and kind compliments regarding our hotel service and location.

I would like to thank you again, and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stayed 3 nights here in Feb '13 before and after visiting Petra.

So first, this hotel is out of the main city towards the Taba border. Eilat reminds me way too much of Atlantic City/Vegas and really didn't do it for me, so it was very refreshing to stay out of the city. Plus, the hotel is located closer to the actual good bits of Eilat (like the actual coral reef park, dolphin reef, underwater park, camel riding, etc).

The rooms are great and spacious, beds are comfortable and they have a lovely deck overlooking the ocean. The first floor rooms don't have a view but have a long moat like pool right off their deck which I thought was cool. The hotel is right on the activity beach (kayak, kite surfing launch point), and a little walk down from the real swimming reef. They conveniently provide mask and snorkel, as well as bikes to get places. You can even bike to the Taba border and walk over, it's super close. The pool is great and they have a pool bar with good food for lunch and drinks but it closes early (6?), and the pool area closes at 4pm during winter which stinks.

This hotel had one of the best breakfasts I've had in 5 weeks of traveling the Middle East and a great selection of places to enjoy it (near the ocean or inside if it's cold). I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. Dinner choices are a bit limited on this side of town so you either have to cab into town, or just go to the Last Refuge (restaurant in the little strip mall next door) which was absolutely wonderful for dinner.

The staff was fine and on par with the typically apathetic israeli customer service I found. For example, and management if you're reading you should work on this: I got some take out and asked the front desk if they had some forks and knives. They said no. I replied "You have a breakfast buffet downstairs, can't we use theirs?" They said downstairs was closed and still no. So I literally walked right by them, went downstairs to the breakfast buffet, and snagged easily accessible and laid out napkins, knives and forks and walked back to my room. No one seemed to care. This doesn't change the 5 stars because after 3 weeks of traveling in Israel outside of Tel Aviv, this was rather typical to staff demeanor everywhere.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear,

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

One of the best I have ever visited, starting with the location, reception staff, rooms, swimming pool, the beach on which this hotel is situated, 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Can not think of one thing that wasn't perfect. Absolutely loved it. Worth every penny spent for this hotel.

Room Tip: Loved it, loved it, loved it!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2014

Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Good place - and good service. Good location and very nice rooms. Diving is pretty good to, and there are 2 dive shops few meters from the hotel. Breakfast is very good to. And the price is pretty fair

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014

Shaker Heights, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed here for three nights in December. Great location on Coral Beach, away from the "Las Vegas" glitz of North Beach in Eilat. Outstanding breakfast, and very nice rooms. My only complaint was the single, small, and very slow elevator.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Netanya, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

This was our second stay at the beautifully renovated Reef Hotel - once again we were very impressed by this hotel. Upon arrival, we were lucky enough to be greeted by Chava, the Hotel Manager, who made us feel at home immediately and was nice enough to upgrade us to a Junior Suite, which was simply fantastic - an enormous ,modern,spotless,beautiful room with two terraces and an amazing view. The Hotel beach is simply gorgeous, with lovely sunbeds and futons spread out along the sand, a wonderful beach bar/ restaurant serving a wide range of food, and lots of water sport rentals.Although it was November we enjoyed wonderful warm weather and this beach has a truly relaxing atmosphere - absolute nirvana......
It is evident that although the hotel prides itself for its laid back atmosphere, behind the scenes the staff works very hard to ensure that things run smoothly.The Hotel grounds and rooms are kept very clean and the maintenance crew are always busy.The Hotel staff are very efficient and extremely friendly and always willing to help.It is apparent that the Hotel is managed spectacularly- once again,we must thank Chava for that......
If you prefer an intimate,boutiquelike atmosphere during your hotel stay then this is definitely the place for you - we have stayed at many hotels in Eilat and this truly ranks among the best.....

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
lauren z, Manager at Orchid Reef Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2013

operation manager of Orchid Hotels

Been to Orchid Reef Hotel? Share your experiences!