“A wonderful Passoveer vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Isrotel Lagoona All Inclusive
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   North Beach, Eilat 88000, Israel   |
Ranked #19 of 63 hotels in Eilat
Yavne
“A wonderful Passoveer vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

As usual we spent our Passover vacation in Isrotel Lagoon. This time it was after the renovation of the hotel. Our room was completely renovated and new, very comfortable, white and shiny. The food was very good, many options for each course, very tasty. It seems that the chef tried his best to give the guests the feeling of a special holiday.
We want to thank Daniel, the waiter in the dining room for a very good service, always with a smile, ready to help, we would like to thank Alex in the reception, very friendly and helpful, and last but not least, we would like to thank to the one and only one, Marlena Ginga, public relations manager, which is always very attentive to all the guest needs, tries to help and give the guests a feeling of home. Marlena is one of the main reasons that we keep coming back to Lagoona and always feel there at home. Thanks Marlena, hope to see you soon on our next vacation.

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Hebrew first
Kokhav Yair
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

It is basically the same building as before, but it has very recently been beautifully renovated and refurbished. In addition, the mostly young personnel is very polite and usually very helpful when needed. We had a great time at this hotel, but I can also point out a couple of drawbacks: 1) There are only two elevators, one of which was out of order for three days, a fact that should be inexcusable in a five star hotel; 2) This hotel (along with some others in Eilat) provides only a "full board" program which may be a disadvantage to some guests, as one is bound to be present at certain hours, or else lose the respective meals.
Despite these drawbacks, this elegant hotel certainly deserves its five stars.

Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

1) First thing that surprised me is that "allinclusive" in Israel (or specifically in Lagoona) is not as in another countries where you can eat and drink during the day, it is only when it is scheduled. But quality of food compensate it 100%.
Alcohol only local, can not say much about it because I'm not much of a drinking person. But bartenders will always make you some nice coctail if you want.
2) Staff is very polite and helpfull. Had only one excident which I forgot to mention to a hotel manager: when I had problems with a tv remote I asked to fix it, some russian speaking man came to my room and after he exchanged tv remote I told him "thank you" and as an answer got "this is not Krim so take it" and started to scream that YOU and your Putin destroying Ukraine. He was so emotional that I decided not even to explain him that I'm not connected to russian government and not Putin's relative, otherwise I don't see how I can possibly destroying Ukraine. By the way my mother (I was traveling with her) is half Ukrainian.
3) Hotel is very clean and quiet (except friday and saturday because of local people coming to celebrate Shabat, so all hotel becoming a big party, which I found very exciting).

Overall experience is very nice.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We routinely stay at the Isrotel Laguna when in Eilat but having broken my foot was tempted to cancel our annual spring stay. Calling ahead of time and speaking with public relations encouraged us to come anyway. Everyone was very helpful and we enjoyed our stay. First we were given a room right next to the elevator overlooking the pool, laguna and we could even see the sea from our balcony. The dining room staff could not have been more accommodating. We sat in the upper level of the dining room on a bench like seat, which enabled me to have my leg raised during the meals. Although the service in the dining room was buffet, the wait staff would come and ask me if there was anything they could get for me. Staff would bring me additional drinks while my husband selected my food. When there were long lines for on the spot prepared dishes one of the staff members brought us portions to our table. I managed to get around the hotel with the wheelchair and with the walker around the dining room and the pool area. The pool area had sitting chairs and lounge chairs as well as a full sized mattress bed. This was a terrific place to lay back and relax with my foot raised. The life guard helped my husband move the mattress so that it would be in the shade. Since I was in a walking cast/boot that was removable I was able with my husband’s help to enter the pool holding on to the rail leading to the shallow area. The lifeguard was extremely thoughtful and brought me a floatation banana to lean on and let the water support me. This visit, which could have been a trial, was a very restful and relaxing one. Special credit goes to the public relations manager, Marlena for her personal attentionas well as Carlos of reception. If you have special needs they are the people. Special thanks to Tal Kutscher of the dining room and both pool lifeguards.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool and lagoon are best.
Ness Ziona, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

my wife and me stayed in the hotel on 23 to 26 march 2014. it is an all inclusive hotel , family oriented hotel. we had a very good time , the food was excellent, the staff helpful and minded. we had some problems with our room and the customer relations staff Marlene and Carlos provided us with assistance and help to move our staff to replacement room. we enjoyed the WOW show that is created by isrotel and is presented in theater just near the hotel. very convenient (free drinks in the all inclusive hotel) because you do not need to drive.
all in all we can recommend it for every person that wants to enjoy a nice holiday

Room Tip: north side (in my opinion) has much nicer view than the usually preferable swimming pool view
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Uk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We were recommend by our travel agent to try this hotel, the hotel has very friendly staff especially Marlena and Carlos, who were very helpful with our problem. The hotel has a excellent location, with nice grounds but the hotel was having some renovation work done so I would advice you to make sure that all work is done before you stay here, as we were advised work was compete and it wasn't on arrival, so I had to move hotels. I'm sure when the work is complete this hotel would be fantastic, as the staff are very caring warm and helpful, and made you feel at home straight away, this hotel offers excellent value for Money, if you are looking for all inclusive. The hotel has a nice view from the swimming pool of the laguna of Eilat.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I used to stay at The Lagoona many years ago with my parents, who invariably won the dance competition! So it was interesting to see how it had changed in the 10 years since I was last there. Well, I wasn't disappointed. The all-inclusive idea works very well, all the meals are well cooked and presented, with plenty of choice. There were delicious and imaginative salads and hot dishes at every meal. My husband and I preferred the beer and soft drinks to the wine, but everything was generously offered. All the staff were courteous and helpful, the hotel has been beautifully refurbished throughout and is spotlessly clean. The bedrooms are comfortable and well appointed as are the bathrooms. There was live music every evening in the Lobby Bar, and although there was not so much entertainment as previously, it was all good. So we were generally very impressed with the hotel, and would certainly choose the Lagoona again when we next come to Eilat. I particularly like the fact that's it's a reasonably sized hotel so retains some individuality, not being huge like some of the other hotels in the resort. Do be warned though, although all meals and drinks are included, wifi is extra.

Room Tip: We had a pool view room which is a little extra, but worth it.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Isrotel Lagoona All Inclusive? Share your experiences!