“Fair experience for the moderate price” 4 of 5 stars

Dalia Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   North Beach, Eilat 88000, Israel   |
Ranked #50 of 64 Hotels in Eilat
Raanana, Israel
“Fair experience for the moderate price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed for two nights during May 2013 and had a fine experience.

The hotel is quite cheap (for Eilat) and located in a great location. In 10, 15 min. of a walk radius there are the beach, the mall and lots of shops and restaurants.

The rooms are very simple, poorly decorated and sparsely equipped (as described!). If you take the room for staying a couple of hours and sleeping, it is enough. The room and bathroom were clean, though not eye pleasing. The beds are ok. We got clean bed sheets and towels.

The breakfast is simple and fresh. There is not the vast variety like in the expansive hotels. It doesn't really matter though. There is enough to eat.

The service was very hospitable.

To sum up - the hotel is quite plain and not very nicely decorated, but delivers the things that were promised.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed in this hotel and it was a joke, if you've ever seen the show forty towers this is it. it was terrible, it was dirty, the service was horrible and when I wanted to complain to the manager they told me that it's Friday and that's his diving day. It get's worse, Saturday he doesn't work so if you want to talk to him you have to wait until Sunday. Can you believe it, you have to wait 48 hrs in a hotel to speak to a person that can help you with your complaint. Needless to say i won't be going back to that hotel but i did enjoy seeing Israel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tel-aviv
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Booking: On March 28 in the evening (a few days before my intended stay in Eilat), I booked and paid online-- through the website of the above Eshet - the hotel Dalia in Eilat for one night at the rate of 267 shekel. The next day, I received a phone call from Gol Tours Ltd`, telling me that the price for one night was 298 shekel and that I had by mistake been charged the reduced price per two nights. Since I was pressed for time, I had to agree and paid the higher price; they canceled my payment and made me pay a higher price).
The hotel itself is a total disaster, the public areas are drab, the personnel is unfriendly, there is no elevator. The room is small, the furniture very old, the bed almost “unsleepable”, and the bathroom in poor condition. On top of it is noisy (because of the neighborhood of the airport) even in the remote part of the hotel, where I stayed (although I was told upon arrival at the reception it would not be noisy there). Breakfast is taken in a cafe next to the hotel and is of very medium quality.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I know that this is a budget hotel, but it's absolutely horrible. Everything is really old and falling apart. The worst part was that the hotel is basically at the end of the runway of Eilat airport and so it's extremely LOUD. Don't even try opening the windows. Even with them closed, it is very obnoxious. I ended up getting sick when we were in Eilat, so I had to spend the whole day in the room, and I have to say that I almost didn't want anything touching me. If you want a cheap hotel in Eilat, get a little away from the main hotels. Anything close by them will be horrible and not even worth the bargain price that you end up paying for it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We are on a 1 month trip to Israel, Egypt and Jordan. We walked up to the hotel and asked if he had any rooms and he said yes, plenty. We asked for a room and he told us it would be 500 nis. We said no, he said ok 450 nis. We said no again because we had researched it online and knew the price should be cheaper. he said ok, 400 nis. We walked out and sat on the bench outside the hotel for 5 minutes, went onto hotels.com and booked the room for 330 nis. We walked back inside and showed him our computer and told him we had made the reservation online. He said it was too late, he was all booked up. We said no, we just made the reservation and hotels.com has already taken our money. He argued with us and finally agreed to give us a room. The room he gave us was the worst one they had, not what we had reserved on hotels.com.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
vilnius
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

very good location, just a few minutes walk to the public beach, but conditioning working bad, all the day and late night you can hear airplane noise and petrol smell in the air around the hotel. On the other hand, I've just first time in my life saw the airport in the middle of the resort city. Noise everywhere!

Room Tip: For short stay only during cooler season-spring or late autumn when its not too hot.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Lohja
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

We stayed one week at hotel Dalia .Much problems about noise,but the most
serious thing was that the bathroom stinks awfully about mildew.There was no ventilation
at all.It must be at least 15l/second.I have education about these things.All bathrooms must
renovate quicly.The tiles must remove and dry the bathrooms and dry them carefully and
make good water insulation.Bathtub must remove and install shower cabin.The ventilation must
modernisize.Its better to remove the carpets of the rooms and make the floors from
other material.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Dalia Hotel? Share your experiences!